Bonding Trouble

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoef Tha Boss

Reaction score
I have two buns, both female, who were fairlywell bonded, though they did not live in the same cage. Theolder one has been spayed for about 6 months and the younger one justgot spayed a week ago. I kept them separated so that theolder one would not chew on the newly spayed one's stitches and nowthat I have tried to reintroduce them, the older one chases the otheraround and nips at her. Is this normal? Is thereanything I can do to speed up the process of getting them reacquainted?

because of the seperation, she could just be restating dominance.

honestly i would introduce them and let a little fighting happen.nothing that will cause harm, and be right there to break it up if itgets out of hand.

i don't think winnie and herman ever groomed each other untill i letwinnie pull a few mouthfulls of herman's hair out. . . they needed toestablish who was boss. and now, every once in a while they have tohave a small tiff to re-establish it

Hi there,

One week after the spay might be a little bit soon to re-introducethem. I would wait a couple of more weeks to make sure the hormones diedown and the girl has been given a good chance to recover.

Then make sure you introduce them in neutral territory. Try giving thema treat to share like a pile of veggies. Get in there and pet them bothand try to end each session on a good note instead of waiting untilthey fight.

Latest posts

Back