Bonding outside

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buck rogers

Reaction score
We are curently trying to bond our two bunnies. We've been using our spare room the last couple days but we've kinda hit the wall as far as progress, there has been lots of cuddling and flopping but no grooming and Ella is starting to nip even more to get Murphy to groom her. I would like to take them outside, we have a large pen that we would set up, but my girlfriend is worried about parasites or anything else that could hurt the buns. Opinions please????

Our back yard is set up for rabbits to run free. I don't know about parasites, unless you have wild rabbits in your yard. When they are outside, make sure you are out there with them. You don't know what kind of trouble they can get in (like other stray animals, or digging under the fence). Be sure there is there is enough room for them to run away from each other if one gets too aggressive.

We had lots of mosquitos, but it didn't bother the bunnies at all.

4ypd35t.jpg

I had to post a larger picture, so you can see the mosquitos.

Rainbows! :)

We do have wild rabbits outside....could our buns catch something from the grass? or just by coming into contact with a wild rabbit? And of course we would be there the whole time...we would actually be in the pen with them as we're debating over bringing them outside for a bonding session.

I have done bonding sessions outside and have taken my buns outside to play in their pen and haven't ever encountered any type of problem. We did treat our lawn where their pen is for pests, just in case.

The only other thing I can think of is if you have hawks around. We really don't so it's not an issue for me, but just something to be cautious of;).

Mine really love it outside too. They love the sights and smells of nature:D.

Latest posts

Back