Bonded or not quite??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lulubooboo

Reaction score
These two (mostly) sweet buns have been living together since April 30th, but I can't tell if they're actually bonded or not. Both are fixed ( Male and female) and the male LOVES to groom the female, but the female has only ever given the male a little kiss on the ear.
This is the first time I've ever seen them actually sleeping together. They sometimes sit with, or lay next to each other, but don't sleep, well, until now I guess lol.
Lulu ( female ) is also kind of a... Grump.
Puddles ( male ) is very friendly and sweet, so totally different personalities. Is it even possible to bond them? Since they have such different personalities?

Both binky and Lulu will do zoomies with Puddles tries to play with her ( he's a year and a few months, and the vet said Lulu looks to be about 2 ½ ), and they often sit in the same litterbox, we have 2 but Puddles loves Lulu so sits in her litterbox with her.
I really hope they're bonded!! Again, this is the first time I've seen them actually sleeping together. It's so cute 😍😍😍😍. Sorry for all the poop in the pic, they're getting used to a new area so they still need to find the litterbox.

Attachments

• 20200802_125236.jpg
    20200802_125236.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 4
Hi, I think if they live together for 3 months and there's no fights and he grooms her and she tolerates that and even kissed him back once that is bonded, maybe she needs more time or it's just her personality, maybe she will give him more kisses later. I am glad you have your buns bonded, congratulations, it is a very good feeling when they are together :)

Hi, I think if they live together for 3 months and there's no fights and he grooms her and she tolerates that and even kissed him back once that is bonded, maybe she needs more time or it's just her personality, maybe she will give him more kisses later. I am glad you have your buns bonded, congratulations, it is a very good feeling when they are together :)
Yay!!! Thank you for your reply! I'm so glad that you think they're bonded! It was actually really easy, they have NEVER fought. Only feet flicks, and Lulu sometimes gets in a grumpy mood and rushes him( she may have nipped him once ),but she does that to everyone and everything.

Bear in mind that if they are indeed bonded, then they should not be separated. I know you were thinking of putting one indoors and one out but that can't be done if they are bonded. Bonded rabbits have to stay together all the time -- even if one needs a vet visit, they both have to go together.

Bear in mind that if they are indeed bonded, then they should not be separated. I know you were thinking of putting one indoors and one out but that can't be done if they are bonded. Bonded rabbits have to stay together all the time -- even if one needs a vet visit, they both have to go together.
Yeah, that's another reason why I wouldn't want to move just one inside. Honestly, I feel like Lulu would love being alone inside, she's super antisocial just like her mama lol, but Puddles would be heartbroken if they got separated.

Once they get settled in the expanded pen and consistently use that new litter box setup (per the link), then there shouldn't be any odor and perhaps they could both remain together indoors. :)

Once they get settled in the expanded pen and consistently use that new litter box setup (per the link), then there shouldn't be any odor and perhaps they could both remain together indoors. :)
I swear I would love to do that, but they can't stay where they are right now permanently, and we have no idea where else to put them. If they go in my room, they'll end up being my responsibility, which, like I've said before, I don't have the money for. And if they move into my brother's room, they'll be ignored. So I suppose they have to stay outside.

Back