Bloggin' with Thumpette and Mrs.Peebunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easter eggs! We dyed one dark brown and overnight it lightened up and developed some blue speckles.

15673_101809_050000000.jpg

My best friend recently received two baby rabbits (for Easter!!). Her church bought them from a bunny farm, let people pet them for abit and then gave them away. I don't want to come across as criticizing, but I think it was extremely irresponsible for them to be giving out rabbits, especially without any information, supplies or verification of a good household. Sigh.

The babies are the cutest things on the planet. One is short hair. One is a lion head. I had to help identify genders, and they seem to both be females. And.... my friend's family is going to be receivingtwo more today.

Picture time! (I have a ton more,but no time. Will add later.)

15673_101820_020000002.jpg
Un-named #1
15673_101820_020000001.jpg
Bugsy
15673_101820_020000000.jpg
Un-named#1

(Friend's bunny situation, continued from last post)

The other two bunnies turned out to be adults, one male and one female. Of course the female was pregnant, so a week or two later they had 7 more babies! These babies were the cutest things ever, but only one manged to be re-homed. Around one month later there was another unexpected litter of 6 babies. This came across as quite a surprise as the father's cage was located across the room from the mother/kits/other kits. Three of the last litter's kits passed away, but they still had to figure out to do with all the others. I recommended my bunnyshelter of choice and they took them there, selecting three to keep.

Whew. Had to get that ^ off of my chest.

I haven't posted here in forever. First it was finishing school, then it was a vacation/road trip and now it's my 'job'. I work from 6:30 to noon-ish Monday through Thursday at my barn doing chores and all sorts of horsey stuff. In return for my labor I get two extra rides per week, but one goes to my mom. That all equates to my mother and I riding twice a week each. :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Last week I ventured out to Petco and bought an overpriced bunny harness. Miss Pee-Bunny seems thrilled to go walking in remote parts of the house. Thumpsy does not tolerate the harness and seems to bask in her glory (my annoyance?) as she picks up the harness in her teeth and throws it in her litterbox.

Obligatory bunny pictures, sorry if they're huge.

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

*Please note thatthis booger was completely random. I was slightly alarmed. but did a thorough look over and she has no dried mucus on her forarms or anything. No bunny boogers have been spotted since, as these photos are a week or two old.
IMG_1051.jpg

*Same thing as stated above, taken a moment afterwards, just a bit less zoomed in.
IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

The bunnies seemed to have mellowed out a bit after I went away for a week! I suppose they missed my constant attention/treat dispensing. :p

Since I have figured out how to further operate the 'fancy'camera (macro, super macro,betterlighting and action shots) I decided to go on a photo shoot. The in house princesses were very busy shredding cardboard boxes and didn't make very cooperative subjects (IE-"Come here bunnybunbun! Mommy wants to shove a camera lens in your face, but only if you hold still for five minutes while I find the perfect combination of angle and sunshine while--") As a result, these pictures aren't bunny oriented (GASP!).

Smokey is very attractive, scroll down for more of his goodness:rollseyes

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

Fennel. Yummy.
IMG_1099.jpg

Photo-spam complete! Fresh bunny pictures needed, most likely to appear within a week.

The bunnies seemed to have mellowed out a bit after I went away for a week! I suppose they missed my constant attention/treat dispensing. :p

Since I have figured out how to further operate the 'fancy'camera (macro, super macro,betterlighting and action shots) I decided to go on a photo shoot. The in house princesses were very busy shredding cardboard boxes and didn't make very cooperative subjects (IE-"Come here bunnybunbun! Mommy wants to shove a camera lens in your face, but only if you hold still for five minutes while I find the perfect combination of angle and sunshine while--") As a result, these pictures aren't bunny oriented (GASP!).

Smokey is very attractive, scroll down for more of his goodness:rollseyes

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

Fennel. Yummy.
IMG_1099.jpg

Photo-spam complete! Fresh bunny pictures needed, most likely to appear within a week.

Today I took both bunnies on walks through the house (separately, I only have one suitable harness). Thumpsy hopped at the speed of light on carpeted areas and half walked on wood.

The harness greatly accentuated her dewlap... :laugh:

IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

Mrs. Pee bunny was content to sit by the screen door. allowing the breeze to wash over herself. No pictures of her today, camera died during her walk.

Back