Bloggin' with Thumpette and Mrs.Peebunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JarJar Binks

Reaction score
I have decided it is about time for meto start a bunny blog. Introductions to my various animals:

Lilly- We fondly call her Mildew because she is slightly fat and unpleasant.
15673_021211_320000004.jpg
15673_131824_100000000.jpg

Smokey- A cat who spends his days meowing to go outside.

15673_021211_320000000.jpg

Kitty- My little pal. He will eat your tuna salad sandwich and spit out the celery.

15673_021211_320000003.jpg

Daisy- My little hamster. My uncle's reaction to seeing her was "That's the biggest, fattest hamster I ever did see!"

15673_021211_320000002.jpg

Thumpsy- Finally! A rabbit!

15673_130746_210000003.jpg
15673_130746_210000002.jpg

15673_041241_570000000.jpg
15673_161429_100000000.jpg

More to come! Must introduce Pee Bunny. Sorry if pictures are huge.

Serenity73 wrote:
Love all the cute critters, the bunnies looks like twins. Are they from the same litter?
Thanks. They have slightlydifferent body types, although we were informed they were sisters. They found their way to animal control and then to the rescue, where they were stuck for a year, so their origins are pretty muchunknown.

I have many more pictures, but it says thefiles aretoo big :grumpy:I also have a few more waiting on my camera.

I suppose I should tell how my love for rabbits started and what it resulted in...

Once upon a time, when I was a little child,somebody gave me a stuffed animal. Whatwas this thing, with lengthy ears, sosoft and floppy? I was told it was a rabbit and that it appearsaround Easter. Once I did a little more investigating, I discovered my next-door neighbor owned one too! My favorite thing to do in those days was to watch/listen to Beatrix Potter themed things.Skip a few years and my dad took me to a pet-shop, where of course I saw many bunnies. I yearned for one, but got a kitten instead. Skip a few more years and I went to the county fair. My favorite activity therewas looking in the livestock barns, especially the one with rabbits. I loved to stick my hands through the bars of the cages and touch rabbit's fur, even though there were big signs saying not to. I buggedmy mom until she dropped the fact that she had had rabbits as a kid and that those big, floppy, Flemish ones caught her eye. After that I rushed to the library, exasperated mother in tow, and checked out all the books on rabbits. A few months of promises, constant nagging, money making and cage building (even though we weren't going to get one) later we went to the rabbit rescue with an empty carrier and came back with an occupied one.

Aw... cute pets!!!! How adorable!!! They are all very beautiful, congrats!
So your bunnies are sisters? :inlove:
Post more details.. they really look alike!:

bunnysuit::bunnysuit:

What wonderful pets :heart:
I laughed at poor "mildew". I often tell my husband that "his behavior is unpleasant" lol. I think its a much nicer way to handle things without emotionally degrading my spouse lol. But I still love him......

Yesterday I took bunnies on a bathroom adventure. I saw a couple binkies and a couple dozen DBFs.
15673_181856_420000003.jpg

15673_181856_420000002.jpg

15673_181856_420000001.jpg

15673_181856_410000000.jpg
15673_181856_420000004.jpg

Thumpsy is ourmain trouble maker. She has climbed behind thecage and wiggled her way to freedom, jumped overthe pen,andmoved the pen to get out.Though she was slower to pick up good litter habits she has caused no other known trouble. Pee-Bun has a very demanding attitude. If something (object, limb) is so much as in her way, she will nose-bonk it or try to grab it and toss it out of the way. She also is known to dig in the litterbox, spraying feline pine and "coco puffs" everywhere. About a week ago I got a sheet of plastic and stuck it behind the cage in attempt to control the litterbox explosions.

And in regards to "Mildew's" name it evolved rather than just popped up. My grandmother is your typical old person with bad hearing:

"What is this one's name?"

"Lilly."

"WHAT?"

"LILLY."

"MILLY? Oh, what a nice name."

And it evolved from there. I feel kind of mean for posting that, but it's funny.

PeachySteph wrote:
cute fur babies, and sweet stories. Thanks for sharing.

I'll look forward to more ;)

Thank you. I feel I haven't been posting enough to keep up, even though I'm doing it once a day.

Today we had a tea party and a minor litter box explosion.

Pee-Bun and Thumpsy decided it would be entertaining to scatter the contents of their litter box everywhere and then "help" me clean up by chewing on the broom while I was trying to sweep. After I had cleaned that up, I got my miniature tea set out (horse themed :biggrin:) and chopped somecelery. Thumpsy and Bun decided to eat the celery off of the plates.I think I upset Thumpsy by not having enough celery, because she went on a rampage knocking over the tea-cups and picking up the tiny teapot and throwing it, spilling water everywhere.

Very cute bunnies Emma.

Have you thought about getting the plastic screens and cover the bedding. That's what I use makes for a very easy clean up.

Winston and Vega (well more Winston he's the Brat) chew at the corners but don't swallow it.

I got my screens at Walmart (in the craft section)& Michaels.

Let me know if you want me to post pictures of the screens. I do have some on my blog (I think) but it's very long.

Susan:)

SOOOSKA wrote:
Very cute bunnies Emma.

Have you thought about getting the plastic screens and cover the bedding. That's what I use makes for a very easy clean up.

Winston and Vega (well more Winston he's the Brat) chew at the corners but don't swallow it.

I got my screens at Walmart (in the craft section)& Michaels.

Let me know if you want me to post pictures of the screens. I do have some on my blog (I think) but it's very long.

Oh yes, I have thought about it plentybut taken no action. I might try to look through your blog if I have time, but would you? And does it just stay in place or must it be secured in some way?

---- Non bun related things ----

What's this? A tree! Put up on December 19th! Not even with ornaments or lights, which we might do tomorrow. The cats are attracted to it (even trying to eat it?) because (as my dad speculates) it "must have bear pee on it". Also, if you may have noticed, it is missing branches on the bottom, is tied to a banister with lovely pink string and is missing another small part off the top.

15673_191839_090000000.jpg

We are also living in misery because a mouse died in the walls of our house. We get a strong whiff of decaying flesh :yuck each time we enter or walk past the pantry. I hopethe smell will go away on its own .

Hi, I just cut them the size of the litterbox.

Pictures

Daisy Mae in her litterbox.

DSC05270.jpg

Winston in his litterbox.

010-4.jpg

One of Daisy Mae's with hay in it.

DSC00646.jpg

Coloured Screens

DSC00642.jpg

I hope these help.

Your babies are so cute! It's wonderful to see when begging parents for a pet works out well. :)

Susan, I'm going to have to look into these. It looks like the pee goes to the litter and the poos stay on top? That would make it easy to keep things cleaner between the whole dump. :)

Brandy that's exactly what happens. I just clean out the soiled part of the litter every morning. I know I'm obsessive. I do NOT want to smell urine. I use to do it twice a day.:nod:craziness:foreheadsmack:

Thank you for posting those pictures, now I'll actually know what to look for next time I go to Walmart.

May post/take some pictures in the near future, although there is nothing interesting going on in Bunnyville today other than meat loafing.

More pictures today.
15673_211440_550000000.jpg

15673_211440_550000001.jpg

15673_211440_550000002.jpg

15673_211440_550000003.jpg

15673_211440_550000004.jpg

15673_211441_320000000.jpg

Thumpsy's ears seemed to be malfunctioning in front of the camera.

I have been feeling very crummy the past few days, displaying symptoms of a cold.

I have had my bunnies for roughly two and a half months. I think I'm making progress with "taming" althoughtheyare already pretty tame. Pee-bun is still cautious of anythingnew and she'll oftenrun to her litter box to hide. When she holds still I can pet her, play with her ears and shove my face into her fur all I want. I try to pick her up every now and then, but that only lasts for a second. Thumpsy, on the other hand doesn't really tolerate petting/ being picked up. When she is relaxing and I approach her it appears to make her slightly uneasy, and she is too big to pick up without effort.Thumpsy is the more responsive of the two, coming up to the wall of the pen to greet me when I walk by. Both of them will happily take food from my hand/lap/pocket, so I guess I will just have to keep up what I'm doing in hopes of making a difference.

They have a little mansion (Two grids deep,four grids long, and two high with platforms on either end) which uses a shower stall/bathtubbottom as abase.They also have a six by six (possible one side is bigger)grid play-yard which they get 24/7 access to. I try to take them to the huge master bath to play a couple times a week, but often times they refuse to enter the carrier. The room the live in is a large carpeted room, but my mom doesn't want them on the carpet because "THEY COULD PEE".

Our tree received some prosthetic branches to help with the barren patch at the bottom. Yesterday we put up lights and today we are doing ornaments, yet I know some people who put their tree up the day after Thanksgiving.

Happy almost Christmas everyone! Thumpsy and Pee-bun are getting little fleecy cat beds for Christmas along with whatever bunny baked goods I produce later today.

A little while ago I was sitting with the bunnies, in my large robe. Of course Thumpsy had to come and investigate. She instantly started burrowing, chewing and climbing above and under it. I whipped out my (not really mine) handy-dandy iPhone in hopes of recording her antics. Somehow I ended up typing something (with clicking noises for each letter) which caused her to back up, give me some satellite ears and bug eyes.

Latest posts

Back