Blog for the Bun-Buns!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
myheart wrote:
How does he like his new bed? Do you leave it in with him all of the time? No nibblage or potties on it? Starting to wonder if my boyz might like one, although they seem content to snuggle on the hay.
Regiford loves his bed! He is in it all the time! He doesn't chew on it a lot, but he does go potty in it all the time. :grumpy: So, I just fold up an old towel and put it in the bottom. He can live it up in there, and all I have to do is shake out the towel and change it at the end of the week. It works as a blankie for him, too. Actually, he's cuddled in it right now. Also, it is machine washable. I'll probably hand-wash it when it's dirty. I was somewhat disappointed with it when I picked it up. It felt very thin and flimsy, but now that it's in the cage and I always see a little piggy in it, it makes it worth the $13.

On a side note: Sammi is retarded. She has a cardboard box in her cage to chew on, but she chooses to chew on a cardboard box OUTSIDE HER CAGE! She has to smoosh her face through the NIC grids to get to it... *sigh*

Exhibit A:
1019737.jpg

Smoosh-hance!
1019738.jpg

Oh, I am sorry to read that Sammi is not playing nice. Orange-brown bunnies are my favorites.

My Tobi growls and lunges at me when I give her food. *what?* I will have to try using the tongs next.

All of my bunnies like to eat hay, from their hay bins, from outside their cage. Weird.

Yeah, my tongs & funnel idea worked OK. It was a bit sloppy, but it prevented my fingers from being fiercely whacked by angry bunneh paws. I found our largest funnel, then gripped onto it with the tongs. Once over the food bowl (about 6" above it, the other hand poured the pellets into the bowl.

Lately, she hasn't tried to kill me while feeding her. So, I don't have to use that anymore. For now, at least... She still lunges at me, but I know that she's fake-lunging now (she doesn't stop the lunge about 10-25% of the time and bites). Toby does this, too, but he normally only nose-bumps you.

Funny story about Toby and the lunging: My mum watches the bunnies when I am out of town for extended periods of time. My mum is on blood thinners, and bleeds horribly from a papercut (it takes almost an hour sometimes to stop bleeding). She used to be so afraid of Toby because he bit her once when he was little. Awhile back, when we only had Toby, we left him at my mum's house to be watched. This was when I let Toby run around our bedroom all day, and he was only confined to a cage at night. He would always greet me by running up to me and doing happy-circles around my feet when I had food. If I had something he REALLY wanted (craisins), he would gallop full-speed-ahead and slam into my legs (I don't think he could stop in time). He wasn't biting, but it was startling sometimes. I forgot to mention that to my mum. She let him have free-run of my old bedroom at their house while I was away. She shook the craisin container and he slammed into her legs and began doing happy circles and honking. She flipped out, yelled, and ran out of the room (I haven't seen my mum run in years! I wish I could have seen this!). She called me immediately and was so scared of him. After laughing at her for a few minutes, I finally was able to tell her that was his way of getting over-excited. She felt stupid for awhile, but is now used to Toby's unstoppable 3[sup]1/2[/sup] pound frame hurdling itself into her legs. Just thought that was kind of funny.

:p

myheart wrote:
Starting to wonder if my boyz might like one, although they seem content to snuggle on the hay.
Speaking of your piggies... Why have I never seen pictures of them? I'm not even sure how many you have? I know you refer to them in a plural form, so there must be at least two. :p Do you have an updated blog that I haven't found?

:stikpoke

kherrmann3 wrote:
On a side note: Sammi is retarded. She has a cardboard box in her cage to chew on, but she chooses to chew on a cardboard box OUTSIDE HER CAGE! She has to smoosh her face through the NIC grids to get to it... *sigh*

Exhibit A:
1019737.jpg

Smoosh-hance!
1019738.jpg
She's not retarded, she likes a challenge.If its outside her cage, she's says it must be forbidden so it must be extra tasty.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
kherrmann3 wrote:

Exhibit A:
1019737.jpg

Smoosh-hance!
1019738.jpg
She's not retarded, she likes a challenge.If its outside her cage, she's says it must be forbidden so it must be extra tasty.
^ Look at that stretchy nose bun trying to get the forbidden box!! ^ What wabbitdad said ^ :D

Testing 1,2, 3: Line up some chew things just inches away from the open grid squares, and see if Sammi will reorganize, draw closer, to her castle. uumm, you think she'll try?!
... A single "clean" sock from Will? ... Kelly, have you tried placing your glasses on the floor (but you'll need to WATCH those!). hee hee.

Kisses to all those lucky bums, love the pictures.

kherrmann3 wrote:
myheart wrote:
Starting to wonder if my boyz might like one, although they seem content to snuggle on the hay.
Speaking of your piggies... Why have I never seen pictures of them? I'm not even sure how many you have? I know you refer to them in a plural form, so there must be at least two. :p Do you have an updated blog that I haven't found?

:stikpoke

:wiggleNo updated blog yet. I am having fun looking at everyone else's pics and blogs. ;)

I am sure you have seen pics of Victor and Harley. I have recently 'rescued' a pair of beautiful rhone boars from the same situation that Victor and Harley were in. I named them Sean and Colin, Irish names for my little red-heads. I am not as diligent about taking piggie-pics. I would really like to have some nice pics like what Boz takes of her small and furries.

So, yeah, you could call me a sucker also... Naturestee has no problem with saying it to my face over and over. ;)

myheart

Relooking at the pictures, I remember what they look like, now. I remembered them as being all black, but my memory sucks. :p Do your piggies take the Oxbow vitamin C tablets? Regiford turns his little nose up at them and only demands real oranges instead of tablets. I have a whole bottle here that is just collecting dust if you want them! :p

Actually Victor and Harley are addicted to blueberries. They are really different piggies. I took Sean and Colin to the vet for their wellness exam after I adopted them. They were all skittish and fweepie, not at all like Victor and Harley. The vet said that Sean and Colin are very "normal"piggies because they have the right prey-responses. So, really Victor and Harley are "abnormal" because they can't wait to get picked up for run-time and they will not eat oranges, only blueberries. They really are my piggies. ;)

btw... never tried the tabs. I don't think Victor and Harley will eat them, and I have gotten into the habit of having oranges around for Sean and Colin.

myheart

Quick update before work: Sammi's eye was all gooey again last night. She wasn't opening it all the way, and it was definitely goopy. We gave her a little metacam and some eye ointment. Since her eye looks 75% better today, we will just continue the eye meds. If it goes back to being gooey after the ointment treatments, we will take her back. Expensive little bunny.

:p

Glad to hear you still have some meds left over to start treatment right away. That must be some nasty bacteria she has.

Is there anything in her cage that keeps irritating it? I remember Bo B discovering the feeding dishes were too small for bunny mooshes to fit all of the way to the bottom. So the bunners ended up with irritated eyes from trying to eat the last of their foods because the sides of the bowls would rub there.

myheart

The only things that we could think of were the zippy ties on the cage, the hay, or possibly her nails. Her nails are trimmed, all zippy ties will be spun around to put the sharp edge out, and the hay... We haven't gotten there yet. :(

Latest posts

Back