Blog for the Bun-Buns!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should be nice about Will getting the rabbit. It was totally his call on this one. I was hesitant about it (which surprises me) and he was all gung-ho about getting Sammi. He filled out the paperwork and everything. He does take care of Toby when I ask him to. He is very good about doing the feedings and such, but I do the litter boxes because he just doesn't do it right... I've tried teaching him, then he says he'll never do it right, etc., so I just live with him feeding and playing with the bunnies. :)

Speaking of... Here are more pictures of the little girl...

A boy and his bunny.
1009600.jpg

1009601.jpg

1009553.jpg

1009554.jpg

1009558.jpg

1009559.jpg

1009560m.jpg

1009561.jpg

1009562.jpg

1009599.jpg

1009591.jpg

1009590e.jpg

:p So you do split the work.

I love Will's shirts.

How is little Sammi settling in? Has Toby had a chance to catch her scent? I can't wait to see if he approves of the new girl!!! Hopefully his potty habits won't change and they will be able to share a bond made in heaven!! :p:D

myheart

I hope so, too! I don't want the pee wars to start again! She has been pooping outside her litter box and chewing on them. What the heck is that about?

She's not chewing the box. She doesn't chew anything (minus a hay ball). She is chewing on her poop. She doesn't really eat it, just chews it up so it's a little fluffy/crumbly lump on the carpet. It's just a little bit more difficult to pick up. :grumpy:

EWW. I would post in N&B.

I was reading your description of her in the breed section, and you mentioned that her fur is coarse. My thought is that she might be eating poos out of habit, or to get extra nutrients. There is never any way to tell what sort of diet or stimulation an animal washad prior to shelter-life.

Try some black sunflower seeds for the extra vitamin E. I know Naturesteefed thatto Luna when she had scaley ears. Otherwise, keep her on a good diet of nummy stuff and maybe her nutrient levels will catch up. Give good food at least a month to do it's work.

If she is doing it out of habit, try lots of toys to distract her. Old habits can be hard to break...

Just some thoughts....

myheart

myheart wrote:
I was reading your description of her in the breed section, and you mentioned that her fur is coarse. My thought is that she might be eating poos out of habit, or to get extra nutrients.
She seems like she was well-cared for prior to being at the shelter. Her former owners had to bring her in because of financial difficulties and were very upset to see her go (according to the staff). She was the only "friendly" rabbit there, too. I think they must have socialized her a bit.

Her coat seems slick and normal. To me, it just feels more rough than Toby's (he doesn't have the pokey guard hairs really, he's super-soft!) Her fur feels kind of like a Labrador's fur (course, slicked back hair). I hope that makes sense? Toby's feels more like a fluffy Westie coat without the scratchy guard hairs. :) He's an awesome snorgler!

Wow, I haven't updated in awhile! Sadly, I don't have any pictures to post, because my computer is still in the clutches of the Geek Squad at Best Buy. The computer I'm using doesn't have the right slot for my camera card. *pouts*

ANYWAYS, both bunnies are doing fine. Little miss Sammi has proven to be a great little house-rabbit (even though she is caged most of the day). We let her out in the mornings and evenings and she has yet to have had an accident. She leaves a poo here or there, but I don't mind that. She does some fabulous binkies, but she is still so shy that I haven't gotten a picture yet. I did get some video, and I will post it when I get my computer back. :)

Sammi's pet insurance kicked in today, so I will probably try bonding them soon. I've been waiting to put them together in case somebun gets a nasty nip and needs stitches. I learned my lesson from the last time.

Toby is still his sassy little self! He keeps hopping up on the bed in the morning (I let him out then go back to bed). He still likes to stick his whiskers in my face to get my attention.

I will have to do a photo update soon! Once I get my "technology" back, I will do so! :)

K, hope your digital 'delights' w/pics Very Soon!!:bunnydance:

OK! Here are some new pictures!

I decided to try doing a bunny date today, since Sammi's pet insurance kicked in! ;) It went OK. Nothing too promising, though. They were fine together in the bathtub or on my lap, but if they are able to get traction under their little feets, all heck breaks loose. They do the territorial little spin-around-each-other thing. I just get nervous when they start that and I separate them. Here are some cute pictures, though!

Huddling together because they don't like the tub.
1010088.jpg

Toby's first reaction to anything that can possibly groom him... (and as you can see from the picture, his little bunny bum could use as much grooming as it can get!)
1010091u.jpg

*sniff sniff*
1010103.jpg

The bunnies sitting up on my lap while I relaxed in the empty tub.
1010106.jpg

OK, everyone! Here's the money shot!
1010114t.jpg

I hope you liked them!

Here are just some quick, couple-second long clips of Sammi when she was out for her scamper time. She does HUGE binkies, but they are hard to catch on film. I set-up my camera on my nightstand and let it roll while she was out. I caught a few things. :)

A quick binky-in-from-off-screen. :) It looks like someone threw her! (I was on the bed, which is to the right of the camera) :p

A mini-binky. She ran around the bed and you hear her crash into something. I still don't know what that something was...

A binky into the fence separating her from Toby's pen area. I never said that she was graceful! :p

Here are some more pictures of the bun-buns. :) Enjoy!

Toby
Dramatic Bunny
1010241r.jpg

Hopping around in the hallway.
1010240.jpg

There goes Thunderbun!
1010239.jpg

Complete with Bunny-500 action!
1010216.jpg

Showing off his cute little white markings! :hearts:
1010242.jpg

Sammi