Blabbering Jibberish Randomly

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonnie Lee

Reaction score
[align=center]hai guys.[/align]
[align=center]So I'm not quite sure if this type of thread is allowed or even
if someone has already
posted something like this
before...
[/align]
[align=center]I'm quite unoriginal so it's
more
than likely.
anyway...[/align]
[align=center]I thought this could be a thread for random questions that sound extremely "irrelevant" but are good facts to know kind of thing as I have a lot of almost ridiculous questions. :)

[/align]
[align=left]So here they are...
Do white rabbits not get as hot as black rabbits. I've noticed it with my white bunny Winston not getting warm but my black bunny Harvey gets overly warm...
Do new born kits have any noticeable gender at all if you look close? maybe possibly in the particular area that after 4 months it's more than 100% noticeable in bucks...
Does America have the antidote to Myxo... if so why doesn't Australia?
Will my cashmere mini lop get super cold if I gave her a trim to help maintain her mammoth-like fur?
Do rabbits have a reaction to eating marijuana leaves? i'm not planning on feeding them leaves i just saw a picture of bunnies eating pot and was curious if it's safe.[/align]
[align=center]Thanks for your time if you know
the answer to any of these questions... and feel free to ask any random questions if you have one
if it's allowed that is...
[/align]
[align=left]Also on a quick note. I read that rabbits sweat from
their feet. I thought that was pretty interesting.[/align]

I think I can answer the first one! Black absorbs heat, while white reflects it; so a black object or animal will always be warmer than a white thing/animal. With the baby rabbits, I don't know, not having ever had any; but I could tell my rat babies' genders right from the start, and they are even more naked than rabbit babies!

I would imagine marijuana would affect bunnies; but I *think* the image you are referring to is photoshopped. But not a hundred percent on that one.

I think this thread is a good idea!

Thank you Anaira :) I thought it would be the case also but I wasn't sure if the reflecting thing applied to fur.

It definitely wasn't photoshopped...
my boyfriend goes on rollitup a website for marijuana
and the photo was the person feeding their leaves to their pet bunnies...
I hope it doesn't affect the rabbits in a bad way...

[align=center]After searching for the image
for what felt like yonks...
I FOUND IT!

%3Ca%20href=
bunny.jpg
" alt="">[/align]

Rabbits love it, along with deer. Heck all animals love it. It's an natural herb and it is digestable. Hemp is roughage. I don't know it if holds any kind of vitamin/mineral content, but I guess you could say it's like iceberg lettuce. Bunnies will eat it, but there's nothing regarding nutrition in it.

Don't know. My bunnies will never see it.

K

:yeahthat:My rabbits will never see it or come near it. Ever.

I think the black rabbits do get alot hotter than white. My doe Charlie always overheated really quickly compared to Ripley or even Jelly.

Do new born kits have any noticeable gender at all if you look close?-I know a breeder/judge who said she can tell easily after a week, and usually when they are one day old. She said it'd taken time to be able to, but now she can.

Do white rabbits not get as hot as black rabbits.

As others have said, yes--white rabbits will stay cooler than black rabbits, as black will always absorb heat and white will reflect it. :)

Do new born kits have any noticeable gender at all if you look close?

Ahhhh, I dunno! I have heard of people being able to tell within the first week, but these people are like myths and legends (and maybe even gods!) to me. I've heard about them but never met them.

Will my cashmere mini lop get super cold if I gave her a trim to help maintain her mammoth-like fur?

I wouldn't think a small/reasonable trim would make a big difference. Is she an outdoor bunny? If so, you may just want to leave her as-is for the winter (although you're in summer now) for protection; just groom her regularly so that she doesn't get tangled mats.

Do rabbits have a reaction to eating marijuana leaves?

Good question. I have never really thought of that as I've never been around it and don't plan to. I suppose it's a plant/herb and that may be the basis that some classify it as "OK", but there are plenty of other plants/herbs out there that are NOT good for rabbits so I would think there would be more to it than that. I dunno.

Now that Wikipedia is back online, you can get the story on Myxo. from that site. The disease doesn't exist in the Americas. It didn't exist in Australia either until 1950, when it was introduced. I THINK the article says the vaccine is prohibited in Australia [It apparently is available in Europe & I guess Asia.] so immunity won't spread to wild rabbits. The wild rabbits here are a different species.

So do they want rabbits in Australia to be susceptible to the disease? Is it like a form of population control? Also are there native rabbits in Australia or were they all escapes? Just wondering....
:nicethread

I believe that marjuana doesn't have any real effects until they bud. So up till then it would be like eating a strong dandelion. Poor rabbits that ate the stuff are probably on someones hit list. lol

I did a quick google, and saw a video of someone feeding it to their older arthritic bun; they said it helped him. I don't know much about illegal drugs, except that that they tend to be expensive. Wouldn't a medicine actually for rabbits be slightly cheaper?

Also, off topic, but imagine if the cops turned up. 'Er, it isn't for me! It's for my rabbits arthritis! He needs it!'.

Yeah, sure. :p

Thanks for all the replies everyone :)

I would LOVE to be a breeder than can just tell the gender straight away...That would be some magically skill right there.

@Grace - :) No she's not an outdoor bunny and she only gets like 5-10 minutes outside every second day since it's too hot and she's so little. Thanks for your reply, made me think a bit more about it!

I love all the replies about the marijuana. ha ha
Although I don't think it's a good choice to be giving it to a bunny whether it affects them or not :p

This is for April. cos I'm pretty sure
I actually know the answer to your question! :D

When the English they brought rabbits over for meat only
and I'm not actually sure if any of them escaped as they
were pretty well caged up most probably in those times as
people couldn't afford to lose any and starve.

But one man wanted like a dozen or something rabbits and
brought over from England for his hunting game purpose
since we didn't have any native to our land.

and then I know that Calci and Myxo was brought in as we've
had some pretty bad rabbit plagues, and they've ruined
a lot of our farming land from it but it's just the fact
that they ruin the soil so much after plagues that you can't
really grow anything on it afterwards so they needed to
control it.

But I don't understand why the vaccine is prohibited in
Australia since we need it for our pet rabbits, it's cruel
and heart breaking on pet owners :(

I found the place to look on Wikipedia for the story, "rabbits in Australia". It says some wild rabbits already are developing immunity & that if pet rabbits were vaccinated & then got loose, they'd spread the immunity even more.

America has its own share of things that were imported accidentally or on purpose that have caused big problems, but nothing cute like rabbits that I can think of.

Thanks lakecondo. I guess that reason makes sense although
its a bit sad. I wish they could have found a population control thing without it being so cruel and painful for the poor little guys :(

Also I've got another question.
Has anybody trimmed their bunnies teeth with nail clippers?
I met this petshop lady once and she said she used to do it
all the time for her bunnies when their teeth got too long

but has anybody ever done this? cos I've noticed hay and apple tree twigs kind of do the job for grinding down the teeth

Their teeth can get crooked & then they don't meet & grow strangely. But I can't imagine being able to myself. The vet would have to do it if it ever becomes necessary. People are supposed to check the front teeth by pushing in on the side of the gums & that's enough of a hassle.

I think it part it's a genetic thing, so if she did it to ALL her rabbits, they probably all were genetically predisposed to the problem.

LakeCondo wrote:
Their teeth can get crooked & then they don't meet & grow strangely. But I can't imagine being able to myself. The vet would have to do it if it ever becomes necessary. People are supposed to check the front teeth by pushing in on the side of the gums & that's enough of a hassle.

I think it part it's a genetic thing, so if she did it to ALL her rabbits, they probably all were genetically predisposed to the problem.
You are right thinking it's a genetic thing LakeCondo. When my Rabbit Vet checked my rabbits (smaller breeds), he told me he wouldn't know about their teeth setting until they were 4 months old. That's when problems would arise. He said that the smaller (dwarf) rabbits due to their genetics and being made small, sometimes have problem genetically with their jaw and teeth. Thankfully they all got a clean bill of health. And I still do check their teeth when grooming. They don't like it sometimes, but oh well.

Regarding the nail clippers, and clipping teeth, I will admit I would be very leery doing it myself and would definitely turn to my Vet if one of my rabbits needed it. I know that he would show me what to do. But I wouldn't attempt it unless advised by my Rabbit's Vet.

K :)

Thanks for the answers guys :)
I know they're irrelevant to my situation and I don't HAVE
to know those kind of answers but I find things like that
good to learn anyways just so one day I can be a super
bunny expert...in a billion years.. ha ha.

I hope this isn't a hassle but I actually have one more
question

Do different breeds of rabbits have different number of nipples?
I've read that bigger breeds give birth to more kits in a litter... So it made me wonder if they have like 16 nipples
while little ones only have like 4 nipples? Lol... I seem
like a crack attict needing my fix with these questions...
Huge apology :)

Hahaha I like the nipple question, but I'm pretty sure like most other animals, bunnies big or small have the same number of nipples. :laugh: Sorry that's just quite a few nipples I had to type out.

MagPie wrote:
Hahaha I like the nipple question, but I'm pretty sure like most other animals, bunnies big or small have the same number of nipples. :laugh: Sorry that's just quite a few nipples I had to type out.
:yeahthat:

Back