Birth Announcement

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH MY GOD CAIT!
I've already congratulated you the day she was born but CONGRATS AGAIN!
I'm sorry I just saw this thread (I don't go on much that often now). Athena is an absolute doll. She's lucky to have two wonderful mums and an older brother to take care of her. XXX

uuummmmm where are more pics!!!!!!! lol, i am having baby withdraw, i love seeing tiny new borns, i miss it. I hope she is letting you get some sleep, please update w hen you can.

What an adorable baby - you two look so cute together.

Congratulations on the new addition to your family.

Hey guys!! Sorry for taking forever to update!

Last week we were at the hospital because baby was jaundiced. Her bilirubin level was at 22... And we had to wait until she was an 11 to bring her home. 4 days and 3 nights at the hospital, fun fun times. Then we had to bring a light machine home with us to use at home, to continue to bring it down. This Monday she had another appointment, and her level was back up to 16!! It was decided that she isn't digesting breastmilk properly... We are to discontinue those feedings and just give her formula, until she is older. The purpose behind that is that the toxins are moved out of the body faster the faster she digests... Since she wasn't digesting the breastmilk fast enough, it wasn't getting rid of the toxins effectively. So that's where we're at with that. Other than the jaundice, she's a healthy, happy girl. She is an angel during the day, a little hellion at night... Everyone loves her though!!

Here are some new pictures!!

athenalights3.jpg

athenalights2.jpg

IMG_3363.jpg

IMG_3360.jpg

Alexis in her nurse getup... She has clinicals at the same hospital.
athenalights5.jpg

IMG_3441.jpg

IMG_3442.jpg

Mohawk
IMG_3409.jpg

Me and baby
IMG_3406.jpg

IMG_3403.jpg

At home again! Fat belly!
IMG_3548.jpg

IMG_3550.jpg

Sleepin
IMG_3528.jpg

IMG_3522.jpg

IMG_3510.jpg

IMG_3505.jpg

Our first head injury... Thank you Alexis. Got her head smacked into a car door.
IMG_3486.jpg

IMG_3699.jpg

IMG_3696.jpg

IMG_3685.jpg

IMG_3661.jpg

IMG_3586.jpg

What we call "Face Fives"
IMG_3585.jpg

IMG_3578.jpg

IMG_3573.jpg

:D That should tide you over!

:inlove:just when the broodiness level gets back down to normal, more lovely pics are posted and it goes critical again.....

im glad the scare is over, and i dont envy you the sleepless nights. tho' it's a small price to pay for such a bonny little girl. you and alexis look so fresh in the pics - not at all zombified from lack of sleep:)

x

I'm glad she's doing better! Jaundice in small babies isn't uncommon or usually serious. She is too frickin' cute and looks very healthy and happy.

Tell me if this is being too nosey, but where are you getting breast milk?

My freinds we bub had jaundice and she was sooo lethargic and wasn't feeding I hope we Athena gets past hers quick :) She is so cute any tiny thanks for keeping us all updated with piccies!

Awww love the new photos! And owie to the head injury! Poor girl, mama tossing her around into car doors (just kidding). Athena is such a sweetie.

:) Thanks guys!

Patti, our birthmom is/was supplying us with breastmilk. We've been very fortunate she is willing to do that for us. She pumps and we freeze/travel for it.

Latest posts

Back