Birth Announcement

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is adorable!! Is she premature?
Can't wait till you get her home :)

CONGRATULATIONS! I had no idea you two were expecting! (yes, this counts as expecting)

:stork:

How has the adoption experience been for you? Is Tanner adopted too? My sister keeps going back and forth between adoption and sperm donor.

Ya do we get to hear her adoption story? :) For some reason I love them, they are so cute :D

Awwh congratulations! she is adorable!!!!

OMG TOO CUTE, i love the sour looking pic,lol. Congratulations to you guys again , i cant wait to hear about the adoption experience, i am sssssooooo jealous of you guys (in a good way) i would love to adopt a little girl here, lots of testerone in my house

please keep the pics coming

Oh, she is so cute! Congratulations on the new addition to your family!

Thanks for sharing the pictures, too - can't wait to see more!

Denise

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Many happy returns of the day to the new arrival!
She is an absolute blessing :)

Very excited for you and your family!
:hug:

Wow She is an ABSOLUTE DOLL!! She is such a little pipsqueak!!
Congratulations to you both on this new addition to your family!! I hope you enjoy every second with her,
Cherish every little moment-they get big so fast..
I remember when Evan was this little-pshhtt, what a change :)

She is absolutely adorable..and her name is awesome!

Checking in finally! Sorry it's taken me so long!

Athena has us both completely wrapped around her little fingers. She's a very good baby. Nights are a little rough since the wife is a heavy sleeper and the baby tends to fuss more then. During the day you won't hear a peep out of her unless she's hungry. Big brother adores her! He wants to hold her allllllllll the time.

Yesterday we had a TON of people over, and it was nice, but also... not. haha! I kind of want to just be left alone with her for a bit. But no one overstays, so that's nice. I was afraid people would show up and just LINGER. But they don't so it's okay. :D

She has a check up today! She's looking a little yellow but other than that, there's been no problems with her health-wise.

She isn't considered premature, as she was born at 37 weeks. Even most induced labors are at 36 weeks. She's just a tiny wisp of a thing. A lot of the guys are too scared to hold her haha. But she's VERY strong, she lifts her head and turns it. She has a good set of lungs too! LOL

As far as the adoption story goes... Well we both knew we wanted kids (I already had a son) and we were open to all the ways to "get" more... AI, IVF, adopting. A friend of ours hit a rough patch and this opportunity to let another tiny life join our family came up, and it was sort of like fate. We originally had wanted to wait... We've only been married 6 months this month. In fact we got married when we did so that we would be in a better position to adopt. That may sound silly but. When you know, you know, and when you learn more things... Well! LOL. The process was MUCH faster for us because we didn't have to deal with the waiting and the searching most adoptive parents have to deal with. We already knew the birthmother (in fact is one of my best friends) and so that alone sped everything along a bit faster. That... and if you throw enough money at the right lawyers you'll get things done faster. It sounds awful but that's how it works. Right now she is just in our custody... Her birthmother and biological dad have both signed papers terminating their parental rights. Now we wait for the adoption to become official.

Here are some more pictures of her. :)

One more hospital pic
IMG_3302.jpg

And then we're home!
IMG_3304.jpg

What a doll...
IMG_3307.jpg

First night gown!!!
IMG_3320.jpg

Cuddlin with my baby
IMG_3325.jpg

In her sleepin basket. It's so hard to put her in there!!!
IMG_3329.jpg

And... I feel like this might be a common image... LMAO
IMG_3327.jpg

In her nighty with her binky
IMG_3331.jpg

Look! WEARING RED! With... A bunny on it! I dressed her in that just for Shiloh LOL!
IMG_3334.jpg

IMG_3338.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

IMG_3342.jpg

Sneaky people... We're sleepin.
IMG_3356.jpg

sssssoooooooo cute!!!!! she is so freaking tiny!!!!!! all but one of my kids were nearly 9 lbs so she looks sssssooooo tiny,lol. Congratulations again

:inlove:all i can say is it's a good thing i cant have any more children - my broodiness level has just gone critical! alexis must really be a heavy sleeper to sleep thru a baby crying:p

Pm me your Addy want to send a present! It is a must saw something at work today that she must have!

Back