BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAK Rabbitry

Reaction score
You may remember about 2 months ago when my French Lops PAris and Demon had their litters. Demon had 5 and Paris had 9. Then PAris had an attack of idiocy and after urinating on her babies, most of them froze to death. I was able to save two which I gave to Demon to foster. I rebred PAris I think...2 or 3 weeks later.

And Her due date was tomorrow but I saw today she'd pulled out a lot of fur and I was like '' oh yeah almost forgot, sorry, here's your nest box'' and she was like '' k thx bi''

And I checked my mail and watered the horsies and I went to go check on her food situation and the likewise of Elvira's litter just above her and I noticed she had a LOT of fur pulled out and jsut the way it looked...I kind of suspected something. So I poked it and I felt all those little warm squishy balls and IW as like ''BABIES!!'' so I took the box out and counted them all.

9 again...

So here is what prego rabbits do..
Parisnesting.jpg

And here is what they do after that...
babes.jpg

Congrats!!!! Now you had a good talking to her and reminded her not to p_ss on her babies! RIGHT???? So glad she had such a lovely litter!

Yeah she's a very experienced mum. This is like her 5th or 6th litter. Her first 3-4 litters she was like gold. Platinum even. I never had to worry about a thing, she did everything perfect. Then she had one or two duh attacks but I think if I help her along with this one I should at least get 8 out of the litter...I don't think that runt is goign to make it. Life happens. We'll do the best we can.

-JAK

Toooo cute!!! What a pile of babies, I'd prolly fall over if I ever found that many in a nestbox....

Speaking of...I have a doe due tomorrow that pulled fur today....haven't checked her in a couple hours...hehe, maybe I s/ do that now!

Congrats on the babies, hope it goes well this time!

the one in the middle has it's ears up! *sings* one of these things is not like the other, one of these things just does not belong!

They are so cute :biggrin2:I require more babies!

Hmm, well...

I am expecting a litter of blue-eyed Dutches on the 24th...

Then on the 8th i'm expecting:
Litter of chocolate Dutch
2 litters of Blue Dutch
and 1 litter of French Lops.

Then March 14-20 (somewhere in there) I'm breeding 3 more French lops and 3 more Dutch. Show season is breeding season!

-JAK

PS - and yeah I don't know what's up with his ears. They're usually down but with allthe picture taking he had to lift them up and see what was going on. What a meatball.

Sadly I believe I will be selling Monroe...so if you can get your butt down here she's yours.

Also I don't know if you remember Teddy, but I'd love to find a good home for him too. I just don't havethe cage space and I'd really like him to find a great pet home, but I wouldn't let him or Monroe go to anyone I didn't know.

I think since you ruv my Dutchies...you should take two of them...

lol, I can't! I'm adopting another girl from up here and two's the limit until my boyfriend and I get my own place, I'll show him the pictures though and see what he thinks!

I do remember Teddy, I also remember MsBinky had an obsession with him :p

OH OH !!!! I need a little floppy eared bunny now! OMG I want one of those broken blue I guess is the color - OMG! :pinkbouce:

and the dutch omg! I need....... man! don't even show me those new babies in a couple of weeks! I might lose it! :privateeyes

Back