Bene-Bac

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evey

Reaction score
Hello!

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the Infirmary. I don't need Bene-Bac right now so this isn't an emergency--just wanted to buy it to add to my kit :)

Which kind should I buy? The gel for cats from here?

Thanks so much,

Kathy

Evey wrote:
Hello!

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the Infirmary. I don't need Bene-Bac right now so this isn't an emergency--just wanted to buy it to add to my kit :)

Which kind should I buy? The gel for cats from here?

Thanks so much,

Kathy

The tube I have looks like that one but its for small animals. I like it last longer and not so much money spent.

Bene-Bac is a really great digestive supplement for bunnies. It contains several beneficial bacteria that live in the GI tract of bunnies, and promotes the growth of other good GI bacteria. It's a probiotic, just like yogurt is for humans. I give it to my guys whenever their poops look "off" just to give their GI flora a little boost, whether it's from suspected gas, blockage, or eating something that doesn't agree with them. It would also be good to give while a bunny is on an antibiotic to keep the good bacteria thriving even when the antibiotic is there.

my vet told me that the powder form keeps longer and you have more options of how to give it (sprinkled over food) or dilute it to a liquid. I got the little powder jar from Petco for small animals (around the ferrets supplies area), but it was a hefty $15 for such a tiny little product. whew!

http://www.petco.com/product/106421/Pet-Ag-Bene-Bac-Small-Animal-Powder.aspx?CoreCat=OnSiteSearch

020279995678C.jpg

Latest posts

Back