Benadryl dosage amount?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBuns

Reaction score
83C3036D-C1F7-4F13-8482-BA91980628D9.jpeg
Hello I need help as to how much I can give to my rabbit with allergies. I’m not sure what size of syringe I have neither?

@JBun
No and yes the vet told me to give he Benadryl but wasn’t to helpful in dosage.
No because he looked at him and said he has allergies because it’s only once in a while he sneezes .
\_[••]_/

@Blue eyes
He sneezes maybe 20 times a day I’m guessing, then the next day only a few, and sometimes he will go a few days without sneezing. Then sneeze off and on some days he’s extra sneezy (Just an example)

Sometimes changing environmental factors can clear up sneezing issues. Some litter like carefresh or pine shavings litter, or some batches of hay can be dusty and cause sneezing. I know they do for me. Then there are things like scented litter, a sensitivity to certain types of hay, or sensitivity to household chemical smells, or to the lotions, etc we use. So trying a different type of hay like orchard grass , different type of litter, or eliminating scented items or chemical smells can sometimes clear the problem up if it's not actually an upper respiratory bacterial infection that's going on instead of an environmental sensitivity.

If it's a URI and you've seen thick sticky discharge, or white or colored discharge, those are signs of a bacterial infection and that has to be treated with the proper antibiotic.
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Respiratory/Bacterial/URI.htm
If you are only seeing clear discharge or no discharge, and you believe it's an allergy, the link below has dosing info for rabbits. Though I would only try this if I had tried eliminating all other possibilities to clear it up and the sneezing was significant enough to be causing health issues for my rabbit. If it was just a bit of sneezing and my rabbit was fine otherwise, I prefer not giving drugs where they're not absolutely needed.
http://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Common_drug_dosages_for_rabbits

Thank you!
I think I’ll hold off on the medication. I’m thinking hay but it might be lotion and other things as you said I use non scented lotion but it maybe bothering him. I’m not to worried about his sneezing but I’ll figure it out the cause :)

Latest posts

Back