Behavior

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badwolf12345

Reaction score
My male moriarty is soo sweat and loves pats but my females both dont like me, i have tried to bond with them by letting them come to me but i need ideas for how to bond with them.

No they aren't spayed as i will be breeding them, not sure but will or should be 9 months in August, i have had them for a few months, they are together.

So they are 5-6 months of age now? Prime age for hormones to kick in. Do you mean just the females are together or all 3? Are they housed indoors or out?

I see. Well you have a couple issues going on actually. The girls' ages means hormones are active and increasing. This can make them grumpy and more difficult for you to bond with them. The other issue is the possibility that the two of them may begin to have tussles or even outright fights. You'll need to keep a close eye on this. It isn't unusual for the snuggliest of babies to turn on each other with the onset of hormones. Keep a close eye and if you start seeing issues, you will have to separate the girls from each other.

Aside from the hormones, being outdoors can make it more difficult to create a bond. Bonding takes time, lots and lots of time, for some rabbits. Spending an hour every day isn't going to cut it. The advantage of indoors is that one can be right near a rabbit while on the computer, or reading or watching TV. In bunny's eyes, that is bonding time. Being nearby, being in such close proximity, for hours daily allows that bond to develop. That is difficult to duplicate outdoors, every day, in all weather.

Curious as to the reason you want to breed. Whenever I see you are in Jamestown, I think of Jamestown, Virginia here in the states - not Australia, as your other posts indicate. Here we have an abundance of rabbits sitting in rescues. Breeding is not encouraged unless one is working with pedigreed rabbits to better the breed.

Back