Baxter! pain med's after neutoring if he is eating and pooing?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE: Baxter! is being very aggressive tonight - perhaps pain medication/therapy SHOULD have been implemented..

When I came home tonight and let Bax out of his NIC pen, he didn't want to come out (first sign something was wrong) after he came out to eat his "salad" he was all cuddley and giving bun kisses; then... demon bunny took over his mind and he charged me and bit me! Eric, my Boyfriend came in to intercede on my behalf, and I quickly told him to leave before he shed blood..

After watching him for the last 2 hours I've realized - he's not fine, but not horrible either. Wish I would have gone and re-filled the pain meds that "sprayed" out of the defective syringnetube last night.. He's not awful, but not himself by any means..

Thought this "thread" of my experience might help someone in the future. Baxter! is eating, pooing and peeing so he's not, I'm assuming, in an immediate health concern situation, but heSURE is not happy (very jumpy, nervous, anxious, etc).. I think with the pain management he would feel better.. My poor bun - hate that he is with a Newbie Mom..

Randy, I think you were dead on with your diagnosis of pain meds.. I am truly sorry that Baxter! is now having to deal with my second guessing and hope that someone else will benefit from your knowledgable post. Baxter! will survive this neutoring surgery but he could have been MORE comfortable - and I think others should consider this when ellecting surgery of any type.

Latest posts

Back