Bandit: rabbity antics

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He´s a lovely boy now but what a cute little baby bunny...makes you want to squeeze him and cuddle him.

Hard to believe that was him as a baby!! How adorable!! :)

Yeah, the pens my two have are SUPER tall!! I realized both could jump a baby gate without actually even pushing off of the top... I've been super paranoid about it ever since!
It's nice to hear that you're taking bandit out I bet he really enjoys that!

Adorable! I think I'm being smothered with adorableness today!!

Thanks so much everyone. :) Now that he's bigger, it just means that there's more cute to love too!

Hard to believe that was him as a baby!! How adorable!! :)

Yeah, the pens my two have are SUPER tall!! I realized both could jump a baby gate without actually even pushing off of the top... I've been super paranoid about it ever since!
It's nice to hear that you're taking bandit out I bet he really enjoys that!

Yeah, he comes out every day. I've had him for a month now, and he's been let out every day except two. So I think I'm off to a pretty good start considering you know I still have to go to work work, and friend/family commitments etc etc. He either gets let out on the lawn in his pen (which is usually less time 2-4 hours depending on how much stuff I have to do outside because he's under constant supervision out there), and when he comes inside to the laundry, which is where he goes most of the time, I usually bring him in between 12-1pm and he stays in anywhere from 4-9 hours. It's handy for me because he's inside so I walk by a lot and can go in with him anytime, but if there's other things I need to do I can still do that too (although it really restricts when I can do loads of washing, lol). If we weren't renting I would be trying to convince the other half about letting him have free range in more of the place, but we're not even supposed to have a rabbit indoors as it is :p

He seems to be getting friendlier still, I guess we're still building up trust and he's still getting to know us. I've noticed the past couple of days he's been starting to develop a little bit of gas, so tomorrow I'm going to cut out a couple of things from his salad to see if that helps, then slowly start to reintroduce them to find out which one it is. I'm thinking it's probably either the bok choy or brussel sprouts, as I don't see parsley, romaine lettuce or celery causing too many problems.

For those who saw my thread in the behaviour forum, we also had a rough couple of days this week, because each time I brought him inside he was freaking out for up to the first 30 minutes. As he was scared, he decided to jump the gate, first he jumped the 65cm high one (3 times in a row), so I thought if I added more height it would dissuade him. So I added another panel at the top, making it about 110cm tall. He jumped once and fell back, then when he tried again he landed right on top of the fence. I was amazed and terrified at the same time and quickly picked him up off it. After that, I took the additional panel down to prevent him hurting himself, because if he really wanted to jump it, he would jump it either way.

Fortunately, I managed to figure out what had been scaring him (an ill positioned toilet brush on top of the washing machine) and I removed it and he has been fine since, no more frantic behaviour or gate jumping.

Also, when I find my adaptor cable for my point and shoot camera, I'll upload some pics of all three of his set-ups. Hutch, outdoor run and laundry.

Rough day for my boy today, absolutely no poo or pee overnight so we took a trip to the vet. She gave subcutaneous fluids and metomide, Bandit got very stressed, while his mummy tried to stay calm :p He's picked up a lot throughout the day though, eating plenty of hay, doing regular poops.

So now it's time for some ultimate flop, a photo from a couple of weeks ago (before I changed over from wood shavings)

BanditFlopsm_zps8c3fe604.jpg

Awh! Glad he's doing MUCH better from the looks of it! You should get some Smithesone (Sp?) or like infant gas drops. Many people keep those on hand for when they notice their buns are getting gassy to avoid making it worse :)

That was also mentioned in the my thread about it in the infirmary, so I may just have to do that. Definitely a good preventative measure in future as well. At least now I have some critical care on hand should I need it in a hurry, may have to pick up some of that other stuff tomorrow after work. Thanks for the well wishes :)

Bandy, one of mine lays out like that, I just love seeing those legs spread out behind them. Yes, simethicone is good to keep in the house and you can give if you suspect they´re a bit gassy as it´s fine. It´s funny how different foods affect different buns. Mine love cauliflower leaves and broccoli and haven´t had any side effects yet.

I'm not really a Star Trek fan, the saying just popped into my head and I felt I had to use it :p

The box-tipping from his tantrum the other day has turned into quite a fun game, he seems to quite enjoy tipping it repeatedly over now. I also sexed him again, because although I know he's a boy, I just had to double check again (gave me a chance to just check him over too), and also, I want to make sure I'm still able to hold him and tip him onto his back like that should the need arise, so I feel like it's good to do every so often to keep him used to it and to keep my confidence up in my ability to do it.

Cute bunny time! Here's a photo Bandit's breeder sent me of when he was little. He's so cute and adorable, it just makes me want to squidge him. :)

BanditBabypicsm_zps67798b7d.jpg

AHHH! Bandit is so darling! I want to squidge him too! I am loving the BUNNIES cut outs in the background. I want to be a carpenter I think.

Katie, I wish I could work with wood. There´s a place in the Uk that does some fantastic things for rabbits in wood but don´t ship abroad..houses, litter trays, enclosures, loads and if I was good with wood I could copy and make them myself but I´m useless at that kind of thing. I´m looking for someone over here who can do them for me.

Bunnyhideoutfront_zps8eb06053.jpg

And they do toys as well, I love this one.

Bunnytable_zps26df26cc.jpg

They do some fabulous things and they are so cheap but only available in the UK...they´re even two big to order for someone to bring but gives good ideas of things to make. Mine have a little wooden house and love it so these would be great.

If I had the right wood and if it were made in to boards I might be able to construct a simple bunny house. My father has power saws, hand saws, nails, hammers, and much more.

I´ve seen things like that but they´re so expensive in comparison and the hand made ones are so much sturdier and probably longer lasting. Just wish I was talented in that way.

Simethicone is a must and I purchased some recently for under $4.00. I love that wood hut. I built Thumper a town as we call it out of card board boxes but the hubby and I were just talking about making him one from wood. We have the tools and know how to do that.

At this place, they built a bunny mansion, it was absolutely fantastic.

This is the litter and hay tray that I couldn´t find yesterday.
Litterandhay_zps56a2d709.jpg

And here is that bunny palace
Bunnymaison_zpsc9d9198c.jpg

Back