Bandit: rabbity antics

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally and officially have one very happy bunny on my hands. The vet clinic finally got the order of oxbow products in, so I managed to get Bandit's pellets again. I put his usual serving size into his treat ball instead of his bowl, because I was worried about him gorging himself too quickly out of desperation and choking. So now he's trying to roll them out as quickly as possible, haha. He was super excited :D

Aw, yay Bandit! When I had to go without pellets for a few days that one time, the bunnies were really missing it too. When I finally got them Sasha was so excited she nearly knocked the scoop out of my hand as I was pouring them out the good stuff.

I often hand-feed him a couple when I feed him every day, but I wasn't going to risk losing a finger with that today, lol!

hahahaha, they sure do love their pellets. god forbid i don't fill Boomer's bowl instantly when he has run out... im trying to limit his pellets but he makes out like he is starving too when i finally give him some.

Bandit is funny... i am imagining him desperately rolling the ball with force for the pellets to come out. If he is anything like Boomer he will then throw the ball around out of frustration of not getting the treats out properly or fast enough.

You pretty much got it, he pushes it around so eagerly. He usually doesn't pick it up, but he'll dig at it and kick it around.

Photo time!!! From couch (attempted) snuggled time today. They're only taken with my phone, but it's better than nothing.

The last picture is his grumpy face after I collected him from the floor after he jumped off the couch, haha! :p

DSC_0332 Bandit sm.jpg

DSC_0331 Bandit sm.jpg

DSC_0317 Bandit sm.jpg

DSC_0324 Bandit sm.jpg

YAY ! Photos... I love seeing photos of bandit.
What a handsome boy.

Hey Bandit at least you allowed on the couch. Be happy! it's a good place to be.

Boomer is forbidden! Doesn't stop him from jumping up there though.

I love Bandit's ears and his little white toes..... sometimes I wish Boomer's ears stuck up instead of down.

Bandit is so handsome!! :) Love seeing his pics.

What breed is Bandit, by the way? :p

Thanks everyone, I'm very lucky that he behaves himself well while on the couch. Never had any accidents.

Pani, he's a Smoke Pearl, his colour is marten.

So I've been trying out a new cuddling technique lately with Bandit that he seems to like. When I go into the laundry, I'll kneel down to pet him etc, then I'll pet his head with my left hand while laying my right arm down along the side of his body so his head is at my elbow and my hand is on his rump. Then I slide both my hands under him at once and pick him up towards me, and swing my arm in towards my body. So in the end, I'm still kneeling down, Bandit is on my lap with the length of his body against my stomach (facing to the right) my arm is along the length of the other side of his body and I can pat his head with my left hand. I'm not sure what it is about this technique/position, but Bandit will actually settle in and let me pet him for a while. If I try to hold him any other way he wriggles, but he seems to love this :) It makes me feel loved! He often licks my arm or shirt sleeve while I'm petting him in this position. It's adorable.

So after not going for walks with Bandit for a long time (because of worries about mosquitoes and myxomatosis etc) we finally went outside again today! He really loved it (obviously) and I kept an eye out for mosquitoes, though I think the cold may have killed them off.

So have some bunny photos :D My phone camera is so frustrating, often focuses behind the thing it says it's focusing on. So took tonnes of photos just to get a few :p Also, if he looks weird in the last photo, it's because he's chinning.

DSC_0339 Bandit.jpg

DSC_0345 Bandit.jpg

DSC_0357 Bandit.jpg

DSC_0362 Bandit.jpg

DSC_0367 Bandit.jpg

Last edited:
Whoa, when I saw the first pic I was amazed at your confidence in letting Bandit outside unrestrained! Then I realised his fur had just swallowed up the harness. Lol.

He's such a looker. I wish I could cuddle my buns that way too, but they're way too squirmy. :p

I have squirmers, too! I'm glad that you're getting cuddles from Bandit. :)

he is such a beautiful boy! I wish Shida would sit still long enough for some good photos

Bandit can be quite the squirmer, but it's just something about that position that he seems to snuggle in. I don't mind :)

Haha, surf_storm, the trouble with my phone camera is there's such a delay between pressing the button and it actually taking the photo, so most of the shots only have half/no/blurry bunny. I just take heaps so that I know I'll have at least a couple :p

Bandit has been a little neglected today. I was at work for a full day (I usually start super early and finish by lunch time), but today I worked a 9-5, well until 4:30 because at 4:15 I suddenly felt really sick in the stomach and I didn't think I was going to make it. So I left half an hour early, got home, completely ignored Bandit while I sorted myself out, then I crashed on the couch for an hour of recovery. After that I had to organise myself some dinner (since I was starting to feel better and I know when I don't eat when I'm supposed to, it makes things worse). Only after dinner did I at last have a chance to give him fresh hay and clean his litter tray and give him pets etc. He was a little pushy though :p He'll get lots of love tomorrow though :)

Poor Shida is feeling a little moody cause my grandma keeps locking her up and it's raining outside so I can't let her run properly but she will have the lounge room again tomorrow so hopefully I will get snuggles again, she is such a grumpy thing at the moment!

Bandit is so funny. Whenever I go in to sweep up his room, he has to investigate and stick his nose right in to whatever I'm doing. And heaven forbid I put the dustpan or brush down on the floor for too long!! Also if I take too long to sweep a pile together, he'll come along and dig it all apart, haha. Cheeky bugger.

On completely unrelated partner news, we've had some past issues which have been causing trust issues etc. and we've been struggling a bit the past few months. I finally realised something a couple of days ago though, and I already feel so much better for it. Long story short, I realised that somewhere along the line I stopped respecting him. Which explains why I felt like I haven't been getting anywhere with what I was working on, because it was the wrong thing, haha. So, now I'm working on respecting him more, and I already feel so much better for it. It feels like good progress :)

Also, it's getting late and I have to get up at 5am but I really don't feel like showering and going to bed, it all feels like too much effort, lol.

So, I'm going to give away my biggest character flaw. :p This month marks the 20th anniversary since the release of my all time favourite movie :D The Lion King! To celebrate, some friends and I are doing an art collab of all the characters, we're each drawing two and them putting them all together in one picture. I just finished Sarabi, thought I'd share with you all.

No bunny Bandit updates, he's just super cute as usual :D

Sarabi-20th-Anni-sm-trans-forum.png

Latest posts

Back