Backyard Breeders

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dyemond, cases like that make me furious. That is the kind of thing that the animal rights people want to do to everyone, to just plain make sure we never have/own any animals of any kind, for any purpose.

I know, it's so horrible. What's worse yet is this place then was going to force me to fill out a form of EVERY rabbit I had in the last 8 years pass through my barn. I was to account for every kit, what happened to them, any rabbits who had passed, any illnesses, what vet they had been taken to, copies of all vet bills, and all show records. Now, I may have that amount of records for the past 2 years but EIGHT?! They also needed this information on any other animals I had on the property for that amount of time.... whoa... wait a minute. This place knew we had a game bird farm, dairy farm, horses and bird dogs. I got out of there as soon as I could because I was also caring for some of the horses, goats, chickens and ducks they had "seized" and I could not find any illnesses- other than mental for being in the shelter.

Wait-they wanted to know this info on you before letting you care for the seized rabbits, or just because they knew you had animals yourself? No way would they have gotten any of that info out of me, not for any reason! Especially since they have already proven they are not interested in the welfare of the animals.

They wanted to know this information after I started complaining about what they were doing with the animals. I promptly handed them back their paper, gathered my equipment and left.

Latest posts

Back