Back From County Fair

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueCamasRabbitry

Reaction score
So on Sunday we got back from the County Fair.

It was 5 days long and we actually were in a fabulous 4-H group this year (which we'll be sticking with from now on!) and so we had soo much fun hanging out with our 4-H friends.

We took 11 bunnies: 5 Mini Rex, 1 Nethie (pet class), Lily (pet class), Magic & Autumn, who were both in pet class, and then Savannah our Polish, and Minnie, the English Lop.

All in all we came back with 2 Best of Breeds, 3 Best of Varieties, 2 Best Breed Fur, several firsts, a few seconds, and Breeders Class Reserve Champion, which my JR MR doe, Cassidy won.

So now it's on to state, and we're taking Minnie (English Lop), Cassidy (Mini Rex), Chancey (Mini Rex), and Savannah (Polish).

We're very excited to go to state and we can't wait! We'll have some pictures up from County Fair soon. We actually have to go out and take new pictures for the website and all. And Sippi is going to his new home tomorrow.

Emily

Congrats! Sounds like lots of fun! Hope you have fun at state! :D Can't wait for pictures. :)

*sniffles* it makes me miss my 4H days. Did you guys stay over night at fair?? I used to spend the entire week(4 days actually) day and night at our fair and I loved it.

Also..fair food is the best :biggrin2:

gingers_giants wrote:
*sniffles* it makes me miss my 4H days. Did you guys stay over night at fair?? I used to spend the entire week(4 days actually) day and night at our fair and I loved it.

Also..fair food is the best :biggrin2:

No, we didn't stay overnight. It was really hot throughout fair (in the 100's) and we still had bunnies at home to take care of and make sure they were ok. At State Fair we will be staying overnight because it's a much farther drive.

Fair food definitely is the best. :)

Emily

Oh MY! I did that for two years! Stayed in the Dorms with the girls! What a hoot! 400 girls in bunk beds... (yeah... I got LOTS of sleep!) But we had SUCH a good time.

I hope you do really well at State Fair! Enjoy yourself! :balloons:

gingers_giants wrote:
We didnt even have dorms. We slept in the barns or the tents with the animals!! lol We all slept on those folding chairs you can lay on and cots.

Yeah we don't have dorms either.

At county fair you either sleep in a tent or trailer/RV, etc. My leader was going to bring her cot for in the tack room but she ended up not bringing it. Which sucked because by the 3rd day I was ready to lay down and sleep, especially since the temperatures were much cooler.

At state fair there are offices over the rabbit barn and so we get to sleep up there, and it doesn't cost a thing; whereas camping on the grounds in a tent/RV would cost a fee. One of the 4-H moms, her mom lives near the grounds for State fair, so we might sleep withher and her kidsat her moms house. Which would probably be hectic, because she has 3 boys. haha.

I'm really excited for State though. We qualified our first year of 4-H but didn't get to go due to not enough money. 3 of the boys in our club have been before so they get the lovely job of showing us the ropes of State, not that it could much different than county. haha.

I'll work on getting the pictures up soon! :)

Emily

Alright here are the pictures! (Mine anyway! haha) Most of these rabbits belong to members in my 4-H club. I took pictures when everybun was resting, so that's why everybun is laying down/sleeping. haha. The pictures are blurry because my camera is awful!

I'm sure some of you breeders who show at Nationals/show Flemish Giants have heard of Mandy Collar? Her son is a member in our 4-H club. :biggrin2:

ThurstonCountyFair09001.jpg
Sleeping Flemish Giant!

ThurstonCountyFair09002.jpg
My baby, Cassidy!

ThurstonCountyFair09003.jpg
Very tired Creme D'Argent

ThurstonCountyFair09004.jpg
One of Mandy C.'s Flemishes.

ThurstonCountyFair09005.jpg
Californian sleeping. Owned by Mandy C.

ThurstonCountyFair09006.jpg
One of our babies! The two bunnies behind her are Himilayans.

ThurstonCountyFair09009.jpg
Dutch.

ThurstonCountyFair09011.jpg
Isn't this the cutest Beveren? A boy in my club, Chase, raises these. They are just so adorable and so friendly. I've been able to work with them as Juniors a few times. Such nice rabbits.

ThurstonCountyFair09010.jpg
This is Chases' Belgian Hare. Really gorgeous bunny. Yes, he does have hay on his nose. :p Chase was trying to get this guy to do rabbit hopping when we did the demo. But wasn't having much luck. hehe.

ThurstonCountyFair09015.jpg
A Satin. Not owned by anyone in my club. If I remember correctly, the colour is Broken Siamese Sable.

ThurstonCountyFair09014.jpg
Black Marten Netherland Dwarf. Not owned by anyone in my club.

Well there ya have it! Most of my pictures.

Emily

gingers_giants wrote:
That sounds like it will be so much fun for you guys. I am sure you will have a blast!

When does state fair start??:bunnydance:

Puyallup Fair (state fair) starts September 11th and runs through the 27th. We'll be there from the 18th to the 20th. ;)

Emily

Here are the pictures I took from county fair! Enjoy!

100_1240.jpg
Lily!

100_1247.jpg
Sleepy Beveren! These guys are so sweet!

100_1245.jpg
I fell in love with the Creme's!! Soo cute!

100_1248.jpg
First Harlequin I have seen! I have seen harlequin color in diff breds but never the actual breed of Harlequin!

100_1264.jpg
Chase's lovely Belgian Hare!

100_1268.jpg
Sleepy Savanny!!

100_1258.jpg
Adorable little Jersey Wooly named Caitie that I want!!

100_1230.jpg
Autumn!

100_1229.jpg
Cassidy!

100_1244.jpg
Bruce!

100_1242.jpg
Willow! Since being at fair she is better about food aggresion, I think she just needs a door on the front and not on the top on her cage.

100_1274.jpg
And lastly, some pigs!!

gingers_giants wrote:
That just sounds like so much fun. Was this year the best your rabbits have shown??

We definitely did much better this year. We usually always do good in type classes as far as 1sts and 2nds goes. But we won more rosettes. ;)

Bruce is looking for a new home! haha. If only you were closer! haha.

Emily

If I lived closer I would take Bruce in a heartbeat!! He is soooo cute. He has a squishy face, and I love that.

The best I ever did at county fair, I was 15 and I had a senior fawn flemish giant doe take best reserve in show. I got a big trophy for her and it was pretty cool.

I hope that one day I will read on here that you guys won a best reserve in show at the fair...that would be awesome!!!

Latest posts

Back