Baby's Health Problems

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carolyn wrote:
I hope Snuggers runs you ragged - why? Because you can use the distraction. :cool:
Well, true to form,Snuggy has been giving me a hard time lately. Since Toby died, she has been peeing in his room on a regular basis. She never did that before and she was always allowed in that room.

Last night she was angry because I put towels down in her "marking zone", so she spent all night digging at them and glaring at me.

She's being a super sweetheart to Baby, though, and that's what's important now. She knows she's sick and she's taking very good care of her. It's really sweet.

Ahhh....Snuggers!

We can always count on her to keep you straight and make sure everyone is getting the treatment they deserve.

Whata Love! :kiss:

My sweet Baby girl is gone.I had to let her go. She went to The Bridge two days ago.

I will make a memorial post for her in the Rainbow Bridge forum when I'm up to it.

Laura,

Do you have any of these old posts that are missing? If not, can you, do you want to, and do you feel up to, writing abit ofa synposis of what is missing? What the progression was?

People were following the thread, plus if itends up in theLibrary, or if youor your friends re-visit in in future years, it wouldbe nice to have the story complete.

Thanks, and so sorry. :(

sas

I don't have any of the missing posts, but I can summarize.

Baby continued to suffer from her condition. She lost both her sight and her hearing. Her limpworsened, even on the highest doses of antibiotics and pain meds. Urine scald became a regular problem.

Shegenerally just lost interest in life. She stopped coming out of the cage and became listless. That's when I knew I had to let her go. I didn't want her to suffer any longer. Her last six months were filledwith pain, vet visits, constant medication and it took it's toll.

The vet and I did everything we could for her, but finally realized it was notfair toher to make her continue on.

On Wednesday, June 13th, I gave her one last kiss and then Dr. Popeinjected her. I stroked her face and ears and she went to sleep. Her pain was over.

She brought us so much joy in the two and a half years we had her. She was thesweetest little girl and loved everybody.

She will be missed always. I'll see you at the Bridge, Baby. Go play with Toby and I will see youagain one day.

Latest posts

Back