Baby Shower?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JAK Rabbitry wrote:
Not wanting the poor boy to question his manhood I started frantically looking through eveyr halter on the wall. I finally found a royal purple one so it'll have to do.
that's sooo the way i am with my boys. they can't have anything girly at all! even thought every time we get a new pet i want a girl and end up with a boy:shock:

Joker suits him really well. he's so cute!

Thanks. I named him Joker because of his painted white face. He does look like a Joker. Especially now his true color is coming in and he's got like a black ring around his mouth now. He looks like such a clown.

-JAK

More pics from today.

jo15.jpg

jo14.jpg

jo13.jpg

jo12.jpg

jo10.jpg

jo7.jpg

jo5.jpg

jo3.jpg

jo1.jpg

He's a palomino paint then? He's just precious! Colt napping list! I live in Indiana and we have the COLTS so he belongs here.... see?! :biggrin2:

Yeah his baby coat is startin to shed out and he's getting some light colored areas we're pretty sure are goign to be spots. The white on his front legs has risen up past his knees and his belly and the area in front of his hips is turning white.

I'm pretty sure he belongs here since I y'know....paid the stud fee....and I feed him...and ruv him...

-JAK

Finally some updates. Things have been so busy here.

And When Joker turned 6 weeks old some idiot told me he should be getting his vaccinations then. So I called the vet out and she was like ''we usually dont' vacc them this young'' and I said for her to do what she thought is best but if it would help him then I'd rather not waste the farm call ($60). So she said she could just give him a 6 way, and she did.

Often horses get a little bump were the vaccine poked them, and it goes away in a few weeks. Joker got a bump. Then he got a bigger bump. Then it blew up into an abcess the size of a baseball. Then he started rubbing fur off of it. Then the first layer of skin came off. I called the vet out again and they said it was hard, so they couldn't drain it just yet and they'd come back in a few days to lance it. Yuck.

So I called Matt over and he brought over this extremely foul potent-smelling gunk. It smelled so strong and so bad that I smelled it from inside my house before he got to my front porch. And I said ''ugh wtf IS that?!" and then I heard footsteps on the door and I opened it and I was like ''Hi Ma...WWAARGGHHH!" *slams door*

He said it was to draw out any and all pus from the abcess. And so logn as it smells like chemical warefare its working. So he and Erron administered that to Joke's neck and covered it wit ha gauze pad.

The next day was Saturday, on which I like to sleep in and make Erron feed horses in the morning. He returned to say I'd better come take a look at Joker. His neck had literally EXPLODED, leaving a hole in the side of his neck I could probably bury 2 golfballs in. It was at least 2-3 inches deep, and 4-5 inches across. Joker had no clue, just sat there munching hay and asking when it was tiem to go outside. Oblivious. I called Matt out again. I couldn't look at the wound without getting sick. I blacked out once or twice and it was only grabbing one of the beams in the barn that I kept myself from face planting into the dirt.

Matt cut away the excess shredded skin around the wound so we would have access to the actual hole and be able to clean it. We flsuhed it with water until it was clean, then flushed it with betadine and more water. Then we administered GO-DRY....which is used ot treat mastitis in cows. Its mostly penicillin. We covered it with more gauze and tape and kept Joker on stall rest.

We kept this up t wice a day. I had toget up at 530AM before work and Erron would clean him while I held him. He was such a good boy. REally put up with it extremely well. Then I'd tape the bandage back on. He had trouble keeping the bandage int he right spot since it was on his neck, it would slide down and expose the hole and he'd get it full of dirt and debris. I went to my vet and got him on antibiotics too. So twice I day I had to dissolve his pills in water and put them in a syringe with some banana baby food and shoot that into his mouth. He wasn't too pleased abou that but eventually realized it was for his own good and held still for it.

Its been about 3 weeks since the explosion. The ''hole'' is now a completely flat scab about half the size of a dime. Its healing very nicely too and he's been able to be turned out now. It never got infected and healed incredibly fast.

Here's pictures from the day it exploded
NeckHole.jpg

And 8 days later
neckafter2.jpg

And today
Joker3-1.jpg

Matt said he might end up with a divot in his neck as most injuries like this healed to leave a ''hole'' stil in the neck. But I'd say from looking at it he's goign to be 100% better. The fur is even growing back remarkably fast.

Here's also some more pics I took today.

Joker15.jpg

Joker12.jpg

Joker11.jpg

Joker10.jpg

Joker9.jpg

Joker1.jpg

Oh my god, poor little Joker! That looks painful and really gross! Good to know he didn't seem to notice it and it's getting better. It's healed remarkably fast! He is such a cute boy, he's the complete opposite of creepy gross Joker from the Batman movie.

Latest posts

Back