Baby Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeltonB

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I had a surprise litter on March 12 by Sophia, one of three bunnies I adopted the week before. More info at this thread: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f27/surprise-litter-hope-i-did-right-thing-73759/

The babies all seem to be doing well and things are happening right on schedule. Today, I moved their nest out of Sophia's box, cut the edges down for easy in/out, and set up their food, hay and water dishes. I baby-proofed the bottom of the pen up to 9" to prevent the little ones from slipping out. I also moved Sophia's food, water and hay up into her box to keep the babies out. One problem though, Sophia seems to prefer the babies' alfalfa hay and pellets to her timothy ones. Should it be okay to let her have alfalfa until the babies are weaned?

Here are a couple of photos (I took tons!) as well as a view of the pen layout. I'd appreciate any feedback on ways I might improve it/make it safer.

Thanks!

Kelton

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

THEY ARE SO CUTE! I hope they find great homes when the time comes! I love that pic of Momma taking a little much needed break over in the corner. Weird question...do kits make noises?

Thanks everyone!

Katie, everything I've read says that the babies shouldn't make any noises unless they are hungry. Over the 12 days since their birthday, I have heard just one squeak.

The mom needs some extra protein while nursing so it's okay for her to have some alfalfa hay/pellets. Kits will squeal sometimes. When they're newborns and hungry they will squeal when you touch them because they think Mom is there to feed. Older kits will sometimes squeal if you startle them when you pick them up.

Aww, they are just the sweetest little things. Is your condo a 3x3? It loooks good. Can't wait to see more pics of the babies as they progress :)

They are adorable, love the colour and mom getting a well earned rest. Will love to see them as they grow.

Azerane, yes, it's a 3x3 NIC. I have a third bedroom that my long time buddy Clover has run of. As soon as Sophia has weaned the babies, I am going to start the long, but hopefully successful process of trying to bond the four adults, Clover (m), Hank (m), Sophia (f) and Charlotte (f).

Here are a couple of recent pictures for those interested. These guys are so daggone cute! These are at two weeks old.

IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

A couple of updated pictures...three weeks old yesterday! Can't believe how much they have grown, and each one has their own unique characteristics.

8357_4993482553558_2093801965_n.jpg

62883_4993482193549_1565774321_n.jpg

388588_4993482753563_2140661761_n.jpg

484057_4993482673561_1191030538_n.jpg

Awwwww, they are so adorable! How do you resist holding & hugging them all day? Think if I ever had a baby baby bunny I would have such a hard time putting it down, it probably wouldn't know bunnies are supposed to hop around on the floor or ground! lol Congratulations on those beautiful babies!

they are CUTE! are they chocolates? one picture makes them look blue otter/ blue marten, and the last pictures look chocolate I Love watching babies grow up!

Thanks everyone! They sure are a lot of work for such little things.

They are all gray, some have small tan/white features such as a boot or tail.

Right now they are driving momma rabbit (Sophia) nuts. Anyone have any recommendations on how to fabricate something to provide some quiet time for her? I tried to make a cardboard wall high enough for her to jump over but not the babies, but now they can jump as high as her!

I must stop looking at all these cute baby pics...they are just adorable. I just love that picture of them sleeping and the one at the front with the paws in the air...that is just too much. I agree that I´d be picking them up and cuddling and squeezing them all day, they are just so lickle and furry...congratulations a lovely looking litter.

just stop!!!...all this adorable is hurting me <3 lovely babies

Latest posts

Back