Baby bun help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stormageddon

Reaction score
So I know a new baby isn't supposed to have veggies. At what age can I start introducing them?
Rescued a new babe yesterday and I think he is about a month and a half old? Right now he is super content with the hay and pellets, but I just want to make sure I get my schedule right

little buns CAN have greens..you just have to be smart about it.

Think...the size of a quarter. NO MORE. Then gradually VERY gradually add additional items.

The problem is people are unthinking and feed a whack of food at once. Be smart.

So think like a rabbit
GREEN food or woody food (like apple branches, raspberry canes etc).

NO cabbage or anything from that family.
no spinach or swiss chard to start with.

Go with "easy on the tummy" foods.. parsley, cilantro, basil, ordinary lawn grass, oat grass, white clover and such like. But start very small and gradually work your way up.
No sweet foods like carrot or apples etc.

Oh that is fantastic info!! Thank you so so much!!! I know to start off super slow. Just like I would introducing my adult bun to new fresh foods.

Well I think I'm going to have a pretty happy baby on my hands today! :)

Personally, I would wait until he's a little older, but that's just me. Youngsters are more prone to gut issues, just because their system is still developing. If you opt to go that route just be very cautious.

Oh no worries. I'm always cautious when it comes to my kids, furry or otherwise!

Latest posts

Back