babbies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duh...First of all, not to be sarcastic or anything like that, but I believe the plural form of baby is spelled "babies".

Why do you think she is expecting? In order for thatto happen, she would have had to been exposed to a male.Maybe a little bit of history needed here?

Hey, welcome,

Do you think she's expecting cause she's acting weird? I've had somebunnies with false pregnancies. Pulls out fur, gets really jumpy. Isthat what you're seeing?

Ok, that's also what they do when they're really pregnant so basicallyyou'd better act as if she is. Unless you know for sure shehasn't had the opportunity to mate. She needs a wood or metal box withhay where she can build her nest. If all goes well, she'll make a roundnest in the hay, have her little ones in there, and cover them with herown fur from neck and belly.

I'm sure Pam and the other expert breeders can give you specifics onwhat to do if things do NOT go well, which can happen if it's her firstlitter. Some bunnies don't know what to do, when they give birth, andothers do just fine. Keep an eye on her and keep her calm as you can.Bunnies give birth fast and usually when you're not watching.

Anyway, best of luck to you! Here's hoping all goes well! Keep us all posted,

Rose

Welcome Aboard, Tuftie.

As rabbitgirl pointed out, some does experience false pregnancies. They'll start pulling their fur and making a nest.

If it's been about 20 days after she's had contact with a buck, you maynotice a larger belly. Feel her abdomen and if it feels like she's gotmarbles in there, she's expecting.

She'll need a place to nest and kindle, also known as a nest box.She'll make a nest of her fur and hay. The sides should be at 4 incheshigh.

Let us know if you feel those 'marbles', and/or if she's been exposedto a buck, and how long ago that was. It only takes a second if she wasin the company of a buck.

-Carolyn

WOW delores not to be rude but there are "young"members on this site...maybe he/hers spelling isnt up toothers...........not to be rude myself.....just wanted to point thisout :)

I clicked on it out of curiousity because Icouldn't for the life of me figure out what it meant at firstglance...some new kind of disease? Or what?

Sorry if I stepped on anybody's toes.

CuddlesMom-

I tried to post a reply and it would not preview, spell check, orsend. Going to try to send this and see what happens.

- Dolores

CuddlesMom-

Okay, that one went thru.

What I was going to say.......In the field I am entering, spelling isso important and stressed so much. And, reallyI was apologizing to Tuftie if I stepped on her toes. But,I'm sorry if anyone's toes got stepped on. Mine have beenstepped on so much that there isn't much more space to hit.....one ofthe things that happens with the passage of time. Itry to be careful with spelling, but even with spell check andWebster's dictionary, I can goof up.

(If I were writing a paper for school, I wouldn't be able to use "thru" for "through". I like to use it otherwise.)

Really, I'm not a "smart a--".

- Dolores

Well the "duh" thing threw me for aloop.....anyway like i said no harm done i have seen people on herefrom other countries and i really give them credit on how theysometimes try to type the english word asthey sound itout............i just didnt think that starting a sentence out as DUHwas appropriate. Lets drop this ok??!! :)

:?to start thanks for your concern on my spellingbut i am dyslexic if thats how you spell it.tomorrow will be day 31 soif she is expecting then tomorow should be the day.she we not let me gonear her as she trys to bit me she did have a phantom befor where shepulled her hair out but up to now she has not done that so we will haveto see

Hi tuftie, :)

Is she building a nest with her hay?

If she has the babies and they're born outside of the nest, pick themup and place them in the nest. She won't stay away from them because ofyour smell. (If the babies aren't in the nest, she won't feed them,besides them catching a chill.)

Keep us posted.

-Carolyn

If the babies are born tonight, check each of them in the morning to besure their bellies are fat, round, and warm. They should look like theyswallowed a ball. Does usually feed their babies at dawn. You'll alsohave to check for ones that didn't make it.

Good luck!

nothing happend this morning but just seen hereout of the window and she is going mad pulling her fur out.so i havejust put in a lot more hay and straw and plenty of food so lets justwait and see. told the children no to near her just in case.

thanks for your advice . Denise:?

Hi Tuftie!

The fact that she's building a nest is a good sign. Keep aclose eye on her. You can go near her. She knows yoursmell.Probably a good idea the children stay clearfor now though.

I'm excited for you. Thanks for popping in and telling us what's up.

Do keep us posted!

:)

-Carolyn

:D:D:D:Dhave just got homefrom work and thought i would just check her and she has 4 little onesim just a bit worried that she isnt eating her food

Denise

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Keep us posted on how the little ones are doing and monitor her food. You may wish to give her a carrot or a treat.

Be on the lookout for fat, warm bellies in the mornings.

-Carolyn

P.S. Wouldn't be too concerned aboutthe pellets yet. Does will sometimes go off their feed theday they have the babies. I'm sure she'll return to hernormal eating habits.

:dude:

How are things going, Tuftie??

-Carolyn

little ones are fine nice and warm mums nottrying to bite me now.i havent looked at them properly because its tocold to keep the hutch open and uncovered for long.

thanks Denise:D

Latest posts

Back