ATTN: Vancouverites! Dill and Sherry are missing (FOUND)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that update aurora, it's such aheartbreaking situation. Everyone I have on MSN has been in tears, weare all really upset and worried.

I am sending out all, and any good luck & please come home powers and thoughts I might have.

oh geeze, my stomach is turing!

Poor Dill & Sherry, Poor Sas.
The Bun's are in my prayers tonight to come home safe and sound.

SAS I will call you tomorrow as I will be in Vancouver to see my Mom, hopefully the buns will be safe and at home by then.

<hugs>

Oh goodness Sas,this is just awful,oh my what you must be going through!

I cannot believe something like this has happened!

Oh please,please,please return Dill and Sherry!:tears2:

I will be keeping you in my deepest thoughts Sas

cheryl

We found George. Dill seems none the worse for wear, but Sherry's pretty stressed out.

The Police put out an all points bulletin... although I had theimpression they were considered not very valuable property.:( But my friend and Idrove aound (andaround) the east side, and finally spotted him around 1 AM --- acrossthe street from the police station. :rollseyes

George is looking pretty rough, I felt bad that I didn't approach himmyself, I called the cops in -- considering the location. Iknew he wouldn't give me a hard time, but he needed to know it wasserious.

He had no problem letting me take them, although I think he thought he could come too. :ponder:

The cops had a good laugh, making jokes about taking Dill andSherryto the station for prints and mugshots, etc.(One of asked if they were pets or livestock). :whatevah

Georgelent me his kennel to get them home (he 'said' he wason his way back home and just took them out for the day), so I'll beseeing him soon. And he's called me a couple of times sinceto check on Dill.. George iscoming out of hisepisode, but he's still pretty psychotic. He hadREALLYbonded with Dill, and thinks he Dill bonded with himand he's afraidDillmight get sick now that they'reseparated.

Honestly, this was always the only fear I ever had about taking Georgein -- that this very thing would happen. It's hard not tobond with Dill, he really is aspecial bunny, I could seeGeorgegetting more attached every day.

Istarted looking for foster bunnies on Craig's List this pastweek, and sent emails off toorgs advertising on there hopingto find another bunny tofoster and hopefully one Georgewouldbond with.It's really unfortunatethat it's probably too late for that now. I'm obviously upsethe had an episode and took the bunnies (even though I know it's amedical issue), and he's upset that I called the police.

Anyway, I just gotDill and Sherry to eat some parsley,haven't seen any poops yet, there weren't any in the kennel, we'll bewatchingfor that. But all seems well.

Thanksso much for the support,guys.:hug: I'llupdate you all soon.

sas

I am glad you found them! :bunnydance:

I hope George gets better soon so he could possibly have a bunny of hisown, but it's probably best if he didn't. How old is George? It seemslike he's a nice guy. It's a shame that he has these episodes.

Oh thank goodness you have them back home!

Poor Dill and Sherry,they must have been wondering what was going on

I'm just so happy that they're back!

cheryl

Krystalily wrote:
I am glad you found them! :bunnydance:

I hope George gets better soon so he could possibly have a bunny of hisown, but it's probably best if he didn't. How old is George? It seemslike he's a nice guy. It's a shame that he has these episodes.
Thanks Krystal, George's story is near the bottom of the page on this link:

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11425&forum_id=6&page=6

I'll correct a few things here -- he's not mentally challenged, buthe's not bi-polar either, after quite abit of research I'vecome to realize he's a text book Paranoid Schizophrenic.

And his little bunny Howard (aka Wayne) didn't die of pneumonia, he hadlung cancer, George just feels guilty because the necropsy showedtraces ofpneumonia as a side effect of the lungcancer.

He's not sure he wants another bunny unlesshe has a safetynet in place, so it would be a shared custody thing. Thebunny would sleep here when George was on the street, but he'd beGeorge's bunny. I would trust him completely with bunnycare. (We disagree re: free-feeding pellets, mind you, so Iasked the bunny rescue peoplenot to send over any fatrabbits). ;)

George isaround60, and bunnies are his wholelife. But that also means most of his psychotic episodes --his bouts of paranoia -- are triggered by his fear of something badhappening to bunnies. Most of the time he's fine, but he canslide into a completely delusional state. When hewas on the street, that happened a lot. When hewashere,though, not so much. I foundmyself being in the unique position ofbeing one oftheonly ones who could help him -- by providing bunny therapy!

I've been working with an Advocate for him and makingtheWelfare people aware of his situation (he hasn't had any gov't supportin the six years he's lived on the street), so it looks like they'refinally classifying him as 'disabled', so at least now he'llhavea livable income. He's not considered a threatto himself or others, so unless he asks for psych help, he won't getany. And unfortunatelylikemostschizophrenics, he won't admitthat he's mentally ill.

But hey, if a bunny addiction wasgrounds for being committed, we might all be in trouble. ;)

sas

Omigosh, when I read your first post in this thread my heart leapt intomy throat, Sas...:(Thank heavens you managed to find Georgeand get Dill and Sherry back safely. George sounds like an incrediblysweet person, and my heart goes out to him for having to endure such achallenging illness. Prayers for him, and hugs all around for all ofyou...

:hug2:

~Di

Pipp,

What a heart breaking story about George and Wayne!!I am soglad he is able to get some sort of income now. Perhaps this will meanhe won't be homeless for long and he could get a bunny companion soon.It sounds like you and George turned out to be unexpected friends! Ilove hearing stories about people who find friends in the strangest ofplaces. Perhaps it was meant to be that you be there for him duringthis time.

I wish the best for Dill and Sherry! I hope they weren't traumatizedtoo much and I hope George "feels" better too. I hope he will be ableto have another bunny somedayproviding "bunny therapy" forhim!

I am glad everything worked out well!

Oh *WHEW*. This was the first thread Ichecked this morning, I'm so happy the two kiddies are ok.They will pull through the stress, they're 2 of the toughest littlecookies I know.

Latest posts

Back