"AT RAINBOW BRIDGE"

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[align=center]:runningrabbit:
:rainbow:[/align]
[align=center]:pray:Lucky and Scooby, Binkie Free! :pray:[/align]
[align=center]:hearts::pinkpansy::eek:rangepansy::purplepansy::hearts:[/align]

:pinkpansy:In memory of Penny, Carrot, and Frisky:pinkpansy:

... my rabbits i had when i was little...i had them sometime in the1990's, although i would have to look it up to get the dates right..

Carrott was a big orange colored ball of mush..he was really sweet andhad huge ears. Frisky was a black bunny with white hairs scatteredaround, she was peppered or something.. she had alot of attitude andwas the boss of the other bunnies. Penny was a little sweetheart...shewas the only one allowed in the house to play.sadly i dont have apicture of Frisky or Carrot, but i'll try to find the one of Penny
:kiss::purplepansy::kiss:

"Socks" left his companion "Puddle-Duck", just a little while ago. He was spry
and active, to the end. He was about 8 years old, maybe more. A delightfully,
funny little guy who loved his "Pudds", so very much. We will miss him, dearly.

outdoor.jpg

linz_1987 wrote...If tears could build a stairway

and memories a lane,

I would walk right up to heaven

and bring you home again

this is just lovely,it just brought thewarmest smile to my face,im very sorry for anyone who has lost a bunnyrecently and in the past,when they leave us it is so devestating toknow that you wont see their sweet little faces again and to stroketheir soft pudgy bodies,and never see those big wide eyes staring atyou,or never clean the mess that they always seemed to make,it justhurts my heart to even think about it.

i lost the love of my life back inmarch 8th 04,her name was lollipop and she was my first bun.she hadtaught me alot about bunnies,she also made me who i am today,she mademe see things in a totally different way,things i never saw before sheentered my life,sounds strange,but so true.i never had noone to talk towhen she died,so i suffered immensley,i dwelled on her death real badthat i went into such a depressive state,noone understood why i justcouldnt get over her death.

i know i sound like a big sook but istill think about her constantly and then most times the tears start tofall,she was one bunny that i just cannot let go,i still hold her closeto my heart.i had never felt this way about an animal before,when shedied i could actually feel my heart shatter into tiny little pieces,herdeath just shattered me,im just so thankful i have pictures of her,shesits proudly on my loungeroom wall where everyone can see herpicture.

I have another Poem also similar to the other one. It makes me cry whenever I read it.

Goodbye Dear Friend

They say memories are golden, well maybe that is true.

I never wanted memories, I only wanted you.

A million times I needed you, a million times I cried.

If love alone could of saved you, you never would of died.

In life Iloved you dearly, in death I love you still.

In my heart you hold a place no one could ever fill.

If tears could build a stairway, and heartache a lane, I'd walk the path to heaven and bring you home again.

Our family chain is broken and nothing seems the same.

But as God calls us one by one, the chain will link again. :pinkpansy:

linz_1987,

that is just absolutely beautiful,im going to copy that one and writeit in calligraphy(spelling)and frame it and then im gonna put it up onthe wall with lollipop.

awww thanks linz:)

I fell in love with "bunnies" after adopting myfirst bunny, Cinnabun. He has a special place in my heart andhis ashes are in a box (decorated with stickers and i have heart shapedobjects in his "urn" too - glass hearts, painted wood hearts, heartrock i found on one of my walks, etc etc) in my home.

I have spent a long time mourning him but I do not wantanyoentomourn him. I just want to post to celebrate himand his life. He was loved by me and his "wife" Vanilla Bean(in picture with him) very much.

5467.jpg

I miss you and love you always... my sweet angel bunny boy...

bunnyslave,

just look at those two snuggle bunnies,look at those sweet faces,that is the whole reason why they are sooooo hard to get over.

slavetoabunny wrote:
I've always loved that picture of Cinnibun andNilla. If there was ever a bunny couple in love it was thosetwo.
thanks hun. I don't think I'll ever be a witness to anythingso powerful as their love. It was an honor that I will neverforget.

dootsmom wrote:
"Socks" left his companion "Puddle-Duck", just a littlewhile ago. He was spry
and active, to the end. He was about 8 years old, maybe more. A delightfully,
funny little guy who loved his "Pudds", so very much. We will miss him, dearly.

outdoor.jpg

Oh no!!! Not Socks!! :(I'm so sorry.

Prayers and good thoughts sent!!:pray::rainbow:
~Jim

Dear Jacques,

I can barely sit at my computer desk wtihout thinking about you stilland crying. When you died earlier this week - I felt like myheart was broken. I kept asking "WHY?"....and never heard ananswer in the silence.

You were always so tiny - I was never sure if you were a peanut or arunt. Off and on you'd give me scares - and then about thetime you turned a month old - you'd sneak out of your cage and out ofthe bunny room to my desk and sit at my feet. I'd pick you upand give you a treat - maybe a piece of oatmeal or a tiny bit ofpedialyte or a touch of critical care. Something to help youput on a bit of weight... I still remember the time I didn'tpick you up soon enough and you BIT my foot. I went "ouch"and you scampered about 3" away and then waited for me to pick you up.

I can still picture you washing your face as I'd pick you up.I think you wanted to look good for me - and I'd tease you how I'd loveyou no matter how you looked. As soon as your face was clean- you'd start licking your lips in anticipation of whatever you'dget. You sure were mad at me the time I told you it was "toosoon" and that you had to wait. I put you down and youflicked me off as you scampered away....but sure enough - 2 hours laterthere you were...you knew you could have something "extra" again.

It was so cute how you'd sneak into Beatrice's cage and nap with her -all curled up beside her head. I've never seen a French Lopso affectionate as she was with you...sometimes I think she thought youwere her baby.

I wish I'd known that you were going to die during the night - I'd havesat up and held you. But no.....you made me think all wasgoing well...you played and you scampered around - and when I put youin the playpen (where you couldn't get out) so you wouldn't get steppedon as people put the dog or cat out....you acted like it was justanother night and you'd see me again in the morning. Iremember telling you, 'I love you baby....see you soon."

I'm sorry you died baby. We really thought you had pulledthrough and that while you might always be small like apeanut....you'd make it. We thought you'd beat theodds. Why didn't you let me know you were going?I'd have stayed up all night to hold you in my arms so you wouldn't bewithout me.

I miss you. Give Buck lots of kisses. Make sure youwash your face when he picks you up and show him how you'd lick yourlips and flirt.

Beatrice misses you too honey. Your sister Calypso goes inand snuggles with her sometimes - but I know she knows that it isn'tyou. She wouldn't play that first day after you leftus....she just laid down - I think she knew you were gone.

Oh baby - I can't say anymore. I'm in tears. But know that mommy will ALWAYS love you.

Jacques,(far left), Calypso (middle) and Jacque's other sister (as yet unnamed) on right

To Jacques - born November 28, 2005 - died January 12, 2006 - your timewas too too short - but the light of your personality shines on in ourhearts. We miss you.

Mommy

It seems there have been so many hearts broken,and countless tears shed. When the time comes for a precious friend toleave our lives, sometimes there are goodbyes...and sometimes it comeswithout warning. But the one common factor amongst us all is that weeach have been touched by the love of a soulmate so tiny, yet so filledwith love....and through the pain and the tears we still feel thatlove. It will remain within us always.

My heart goes out to each and every one who has lost a cherishedfriend. I believe that the angels feel our pain, and though we cannotsee them, they cry with us, silently.

anguish.jpg

Bless everyone who suffers through such loss. May God bless Jacques,Socks, and all of our other treasured ones who are now at peace,playing together on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge, while theyawait our reunion...and may all who are in mourning have their painmelted away with the embrace of the angels....

every time i see the rainbow bridge thread comeup i start to feel saddened by everyones loss,it hurts me so much whensomeone loses a bunny i can feel their pain,it also brings back thememories of me losing my bunny lollipop who i still cry for two yearsdown the track,everyones posts just make me relive lollipops death,andi just start to feel really bad.

there is nothing we can say or do to make it easy for anyone who haslost a sweet bunny,but just let everyone know that we are here forthem,to listen to their sorrow,we all do really understand theheartache of losing your best friend,we never really do get over losingsuch a special bunny,somehow as time goes byit just getseasier to handle,they may be gone from our lives but they are neverforgotten.

ohh we have all been bitten by the bunny bug.

this picture is just absolutely touching....

anguish.jpg

cheryl.....

Cheryl, there isn't a post on this forum I findmore poignant and tearythan your "Heart Bunny" tribute toLollipop. I think about it all the time.

"we were so addicted to each other,i got the pleasureof getting to know what bunny love was for the first time,i tragicallylost her though,and i still have that little bunny shaped hole in myheart that just wont seem to go away,i still think about her constantlyand everytime i think about her my heart really hurts,you can feel itskipping a beat.

i loved that little girl more than i loved life,it shattered me so muchthat it took me months for the tears to slow down,i didnt think i wouldever stop crying.

she had taught me a lot about myself,that precious little girl bunny soinnocently touched my life,she also opened up my heart for all theseother wonderful bunnies that have entered my life.ohh where would i bewithout a little bunny in my life now."

And yes, that picture is very touching, thanks to Bassetluv for posting it. It really says it all.

cheryl13 wrote:
every time i see the rainbow bridge thread come up i start tofeel saddened by everyones loss,it hurts me so much when someone losesa bunny i can feel their pain,it also brings back the memories of melosing my bunny lollipop who i still cry for two years down thetrack,everyones posts just make me relive lollipops death,and i juststart to feel really bad....

Back