Arizona Lion- Giant's Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure if you mentioned already, but how long until he was healed all the way? I just got my girl spayed, and she chewed it open on the 3rd day and I had her stitched up again, but now they put a dumb collar on her that I hate. She's absolutely going batty that she can't get to her cecals or wash her face and ears, so I want to take her back soon to have the vet take the collar off and wrap her instead. I remembered this post when I took her in for the re-stitch and asked them for a wrap, but they insist the collar is better. I disagree.

So anyway, I was wondering if you recall how long the wrap stayed on. Vet told me the collar has to stay on for 14 days, and that's just NOT happening. I figured I'd just add a couple days to Tux's time since her incision is longer.

I left the wrap on him for a full 5 days, Until he looked alot more 'sealed' I also watched him close for a bit after. I think they just need to get a chance to get used to the feeling so they dont feel the need to chew.

Also I wrapped him myself. Just bought vet wrap from the vet. When wrapping it is very important not to wrap the chest area to tight because it could hinder their breathing. So once wrapped, just watch for signs of labored breathing. Also wrap lots so its stiff. And wrap at close to front and back legs to keep them from bending to much to get at the area.

I kinda just kept watching him and making adjustments till I had something that worked for him. He could still move freely this way too.

----

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Im getting through it.

UPDATE - 02 - JUN

Hey guys! Been a long time! Figured I give you all an update. Tux is great, I have also gotten him a buddy. They bonded instentaly and I had not had to seperate them after the first meetin. They bonded and began licking each other. It's been about a month since I got Tama, a Siamese flop. They have a heavy duty cage outside where they will be for the summer.

Where also my dogs keep them safe. Tux and Viv (I rescues her a few months ago) bonded so well all he wants to do is sleep with her when he's out. I have so many pictures ill have to start posting XD

2zzt8v7.jpg

Latest posts

Back