Are Jersey Woolies calm natured (for bunnies?)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wooly Hopper

Reaction score
Jersey Woolies-- All the research tells me they are sweet, affectionate and love to be handled..

all but one website that said they can be horrible to control and even sent one of the blogger's friend to the ER for stitches from bites.

Anyone have experiences, good or bad, with Jersey Woolies?

My friend kathy moerbe and kathy hillery both raise jersey woolys and the are nothing but sweet! Never seen a mean wooly in the 4 years ive raised rabbits

Mine are not mean, but I wouldn't say they were calm. Out of cage time is for zoomies and binkies, not snuggling! At least according to my two. They are also always working on "projects" such as expeditions to find the best way out of the play pen and under the couch or decorations made out of tiny shreds of paper all over the cage.

They're fun to have for that reason, though, they'll make you laugh. But if you're set on that breed, consider a male if you're looking for someone more laid back. My lionhead is a male and has always been pretty calm. He'll have a run, but then the snuggle is on! (Though each rabbit is different.)

Latest posts

Back