Are bunnies nocternal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RABBIT#1

Reaction score
Are bunnies nocternal?

When I turn the lights out I still see Sunshine grooming,eating,and playing.

Are bunnies nocternal? Or can they just bareley see in the dark? THANKS!

RABBIT#1

I think he/she's asking if they can see in the dark. I have no idea really but it would seem that way.

Rabbits are crepuscular so they areactivein the morningand late afternoon/early night,however they can see in the dark. My two rabbits live outside and stillrace about their hutch when it's pitch black outside.;)

Nibbles gets really wound up around 1:00 a.m.this lasts 'til around 4:00 or so, which has made me wonder howstrictly "crepuscular" she is.

I think rabbits are probably active at all sorts of times in the day and night, in spurts.

Good to know. Bud and Nanali are normally active during the night time and I had been leaving the light on for them.

From my experience , bunnies can't see well atnight. When I go late to pick up Daisy in her pen like at 10pm shestarts running away from me because she doesn't want to go to her cage.I notice that when she runs she crashes with the walls and with thestuff that's inside the pen. :cry4: During the day that never happens!

bbgrl20 wrote:
Rabbits are considered crepuscular meaning they are mostactive during sunset and sunrise.

you are exactly right i just found that out about six months ago

Latest posts

Back