ARBA Memebership

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mistyjr wrote:
Shaded Night Rabbitry wrote:
Means she was molting, and wasn't in condition.

If you're just going to breed, and not show, then oh well. Personally, I don't see point in breeding without showing. But it's your choice~
I never said I just breed and that's all.. I do show too. Just May show that I went into. I just shown my Rex and thats what they told me with her coat. I have a show coming up in July 10th. Im trying to get the rabbit's coats in shape. If I know how. :p
But we will see.
I use Manna Pro show formula supplement - I think it is $6.99 for a 5 pound bag at Tractor Supply. I mix it half and half with oatmeal (generic long-cooking version - uncooked) - and then I put about 1 tsp on my holland's food and 1 tablespoon on my flemish food.

When it isn't hot - I add black oil sunflower seeds.

There's a small fee to replace your card. You don't need proof of membership to get a replacement - they have you on record.

Your membership number is the first 4 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first name and 00 unless there is another person with those same letters (then the 00 is replaced with a number series such as 01, 02, 03).

My name is Pamela Nock, so my ARBA number is NOCKPA00

You must have your card to attend an ARBA convention and to register a rabbit. (I also need to present mine when judging a show).

TinysMom wrote:
mistyjr wrote:
Shaded Night Rabbitry wrote:
Means she was molting, and wasn't in condition.

If you're just going to breed, and not show, then oh well. Personally, I don't see point in breeding without showing. But it's your choice~
I never said I just breed and that's all.. I do show too. Just May show that I went into. I just shown my Rex and thats what they told me with her coat. I have a show coming up in July 10th. Im trying to get the rabbit's coats in shape. If I know how. :p
But we will see.
I use Manna Pro show formula supplement - I think it is $6.99 for a 5 pound bag at Tractor Supply. I mix it half and half with oatmeal (generic long-cooking version - uncooked) - and then I put about 1 tsp on my holland's food and 1 tablespoon on my flemish food.

When it isn't hot - I add black oil sunflower seeds.
I use...
289.jpg

I don't want to steal Misty's thunder, but this is on topic, so I'll give it a shot, lol.

When filling out the membership application, which should I check? Family? Youth? I'm confused on that part. Me and my sister would be together, obviously...but does that mean we co-own the rabbitry?

And we're turning 18 in July, so I'm guessing we wouldn't check the youth box....

Filling out the form just confuses me, so I would appreciate some help! :D

Emily

mistyjr wrote:
It's okay Emily!!!

But im sure somebody will answer this. Im sure you dont want youth, or single. Problly Family??

Yeah I have no idea...I'm not filling it out online, but by paperwork, and it said that family was like adults, too? No clue... Do I have to have an adult on there, or can it just be me and my sister? I'm assuming so, since we'll be 18...

:?

Emily

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
And we're turning 18 in July, so I'm guessing we wouldn't check the youth box....

Emily
If just you and your sister are joining, you would be filling out 2 individual youth memberships - not family membership.

You would be an ARBAyouth until your 19th birthday. I believe that the wrong wording was in the current rule book. It is clarified on the ARBA website with the correct wording:

[size=[u]"Revised[/u]][size=: Youth exhibitors may enter sanctioned youth shows from the age of five (on their fifth birthday) through the age of 18 (until their nineteenth birthday). An adult cannot show in youth classes at any time. Youth exhibitors must be able to handle their own animals. If stated in the show catalog, all youth entries must be carried by youth. Youth exhibitors are not required to carry their own animals to the table."]

pamnock wrote:

Emily
If just you and your sister are joining, you would be filling out 2 individual youth memberships - not family membership.

You would be an ARBAyouth until your 19th birthday. I believe that the wrong wording was in the current rule book. It is clarified on the ARBA website with the correct wording:

[size=[u]"Revised[/u]][size=: Youth exhibitors may enter sanctioned youth shows from the age of five (on their fifth birthday) through the age of 18 (until their nineteenth birthday). An adult cannot show in youth classes at any time. Youth exhibitors must be able to handle their own animals. If stated in the show catalog, all youth entries must be carried by youth. Youth exhibitors are not required to carry their own animals to the table."]

So, two separate sheets of paper? What about the rabbitry, though? Will we still be listed under the same rabbitry?

Emily

Yup, we're still youth for another year. (Well, two for me... XD I'm still 16. 17 in 26 days.)

Hey Pam. I'm betting you won't know this, and I'll have to call and ask...
But if we buy a 3 year youth, does that cancel on our 19th birthday? I was thinking about renewing to a 3 year. I got a 1 year because I wasn't sure if rabbits would stick, but now I'm pretty set on it. Renewing every year seems like a hassle I don't specifically need, but a 3 year would last me until 3 months after my 20th birthday... Which sorta seems unfair. But fair at the same time.

Just wondering if you might know the answer. Thankies.

So, two separate sheets of paper? What about the rabbitry, though? Will we still be listed under the same rabbitry?

Emily
You will still be listed under the same rabbitry name. You fill out the rabbitry registration separately, listing all owners. Once you register your rabbitry, the name will automatically be printed on your membership card. When any membership lapses, the rabbitry registration lapses.

introoder wrote:
Yup, we're still youth for another year. (Well, two for me... XD I'm still 16. 17 in 26 days.)

Hey Pam. I'm betting you won't know this, and I'll have to call and ask...
But if we buy a 3 year youth, does that cancel on our 19th birthday? I was thinking about renewing to a 3 year. I got a 1 year because I wasn't sure if rabbits would stick, but now I'm pretty set on it. Renewing every year seems like a hassle I don't specifically need, but a 3 year would last me until 3 months after my 20th birthday... Which sorta seems unfair. But fair at the same time.

Just wondering if you might know the answer. Thankies.
You are required to notify ARBA when you turn 19. At that point, you can pay the extra on your 3 year membership to advance it to an adult membership.

pamnock wrote:

Emily
You will still be listed under the same rabbitry name. You fill out the rabbitry registration separately, listing all owners. Once you register your rabbitry, the name will automatically be printed on your membership card. When any membership lapses, the rabbitry registration lapses.

Gotcha. ;)

Now I have to get the paperwork. :p

What about differentclubs membership? Is that up until 19 as well? And do we fill those out singularly also?

Emily

I would assume it depends on the club, Emily, since they don't have the same exact rules. But I know they follow ARBA rules. idk. I would assume so.

And yeah. Print out the paper work for each club. Like for me, I have WSRBA, ANDRC, ECNDC, FMNDC, and a couple of other memberships either mailed in, or being completed and turned in. I might spring for an oregon rba membership, too, if I keep going down to those shows.

>.>; It's rather expensive, I'm finding out. Even with club discounts on specialty shows, I'm still spending $40 to take 5 rabbits up to Maple Valley this weekend to show. $150 a month in entry fee's is so not ideal at this point. I can't even imagine what people pay when they bring 10+ rabbits to a show. Or even have multiple breeds. o.o;

Thank god thurston's entry fee is so little. If it was any more, I wouldn't have enough money to bring 20 buns there. (Oh my god. Yet again, I will be the entire dwarf class. XD Atleast I'll have some champagnes and standard chins to ease the numbers from 20 dwarfs to 16... XD)

Megan,....I thought there was no fee for TCF? The previous years we haven't paid anything... or are you showing open?

Is there a paper form of the club membership on ARBA? I don't want to do it online...:/

I will get the other clubs memberships off the computer, though.

Emily

Is there a paper form of the club membership on ARBA? I don't want to do it online...:/

Emily
Yes - ask them to send you a form.

Huh. I enjoyed the online deal. I feel much safer that way. XD Nothing lost in mail. (Seeing as it took them three times of sending the card for me to get it. Apparently they've sent the book twice, but I've yet to receive it...)

Yeah. There's a $2 fee per rabbit. Or maybe it's 3. Did you know that there's a 4H fee next year, just to be in it? $20 per person, just because they lost all state funding. It's kinda sad. And apparently there will be no thurston county fair three years from now. They won't have the money to put it on. Personally, I think we'll rebound with the economy gets back to normal again, but who knows.

But yeah. $3 with the 20 rabbit limit is going to make me want to shoot myself in the face. Not to mention, I /don't/ have crocks that hold 2 cups of water... I frankly don't need them for the house. I rewater the buns every 6 hours I'm awake, for those that have crocks. So I'll have to drop another $20 or 100 to buy either dollar store crocks, or spring for my usual EZ crock. >.>;;; I wish they'd let us use stupid water bottles. It's so stupid.

Anywho. We're really jacking misty's thread... XDD

pamnock wrote:

Emily
Yes - ask them to send you a form.

Okay, will do. :)

Emily

When I have the time, I'll also try to get printable forms up on my rabbitry site.

Latest posts

Back