Apparently there was a mix up with Lucy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how do I watch her weight? Untilisshe full grown how do I tell if she is gaining to muchweight? Dogs I thinkthey say should have a waistline and you should barely be able to see their ribs, what do I lookfor in a growing rabbit?

thanks,

Joy

You dont want this?

100_6425.jpg

spoh wrote:
TinysMom wrote:
So I can't predict she'll be a 14 pound Flemish mix???

:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:
Absolutely not! What are you guys trying to do to me? :scared:

I think it would be pretty rare to have anoverweight baby rabbit unless there is a health problem or you'refeeding those junk pellets with the treats mixed in. Sheshould be fine being free-fed pellets and grass hay until she stopsgrowing. Most pet owners reduce the pellets then depending onthe rabbit's weight (1/4 cup per 5 lbs) and adjust for it's metabolism.

In general, underweight rabbits will feel bony, overweight rabbits youwon't be able to feel their ribs. There should be a veryslight waist just in front of the hips. Problem is, this willchange depending on the breed and some rabbits will be overweight butactually feel rather bony. At the very least, I've heard itdescribed that rabbits should not look like an apple with a head.:)

Latest posts

Back