Apollo's Acres

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dajeti2

Reaction score
When I started the Acres all those manymonths ago, I never dreamed it would become so near and dear to myheart. Although Apollo may not be with us in body he is definitely withus in spirit.

Alot has changed and our numbers continue to grow. I am goingto be a foster mom to bunns in need. We are also adopting littleShelby, a Holland Lopin the spring. We may be adding somechickens to our numbers as well.

As for us humans here at the Acres, well the critters pretty much have us trained just the way they want.

What better way to start than with pictures.:D

Otis loves to eat.
Nov242005001.jpg

The famous puppy look.
Nov242005003.jpg

All 30" Of him stretched out.
Nov242005013.jpg

Here is Hopi stopping for a snack.
Nov242005035.jpg

He has gotten so big.
Nov242005049.jpg

Saying his bunny prayers.
Nov242005044.jpg

Christa hanging out by mom.
Nov242005pm028.jpg

OK mom enough with the flash.
Nov242005pm030.jpg

Look, she has a dew lap now...awwww.
Nov242005pm037.jpg

I was giving Koda and Norman time to relax before taking theirpics. Stormy, well he was too fast for pics so I will have morelater.

Tina

Tina, I like all your pics, I think the last one is my fav,,, mmm then again, no no it's the last one.;)

Can't wait to see more, Tina! Congratulations!!!

:balloons:

-Carolyn

tina,

otis is absolutelygorgeous,i just love his lonnnnng ears

i also love the colouring of Hopi and Christa,such cute buns are those two related?

Christa looks like such a sweet little girl in the last picture:)

Ariel, :laugh:You crack me up. I'm glad you were finaaly able to pick a favorite.;)

Laura, Christa's dew lap looks bigger in that picture than itactually is. I just noticed the last pics I had posted she didn't haveher dewlap. I'm thinking I need to post pics more often.

Stephanie, thank you. I am so excited for you. I hope you get to hold your baby girl soon.

Carolyn, thank you Sweetie. I'll try and get more pics of the kids this week.

Cheryl, thank you. We believe Christa and Hopi may have had thesame dad. Gypsy rescued 7 does from a rabbit mill. A few days later thedoes kindled and Gypsy had 42 babies too. Christa and Hopi were fromtwo of those litters. They actually looked nothing alike as babies.They just over time started looking alike.

Tina

I just never get tired of looking at thehandsome boy Otis! I wish I had the room (and the time!) foras many bunnies as you have. Maybe some day when I don't haveto work anymore (wishful thinking).

Congrats on your decision to foster. That is going to be so rewarding for you.

Otis has some sight in his eye. Some ofthe clouding is actually clearing up. I can even see a tiny part of hispupil now. The pupil does react to light. Now when we move our handnear that eye he actually moves away. So he does see out of it.

The vet has me flushing his eye every other day with saline.Otis wallows in his way the ways pigs do mud. So he gets dust in it.The flushing dries his eye out a bit so I have eye drops I five himafter I flush.

He is so good for it all too. He leans into it when I flush hiseye. So after alot of thought and talking with the vet. There is no wayI am going to let them remove the eye. If he was blind in it that's onething but he's not. Taking that eye would just be cruel and I can't doit.

So I will be flushing and everything else. So yea he's not totally blind after all.

Tina

:great: That's so excellent that he's not blind completely.

Little guy sounds like he likes the eye wash. Bless hisheart. He knows Momma's helping him. It must feelgood. Give him tons of kisses from me...that that Mr.Crankypants, Norman. That one picture you have of Norman andKoda where Norman's hair is all messed up makes me giggle whenever Ithink of it.

Hopi sure has gotten big. What a beautiful boy he has turnedinto. Send kisses and hugs his way as well as to Christa andeverybun else.

:kiss:

-Carolyn

I definitely will spread the love.

I have new pics of Koda and Norman for you. I have to resizethem all. I'll try and post them tonight or tomorrow for you.

Norman could be having the time of his life and still look annoyed. He cracks me up.

Stormy is a wild man. I swear I will never laugh atyou chasing Tucker again. Stormy is a little black blur. Getting himinto his cage gives me a better workout than any old gym that's forsure.

Tina

I love that you are keeping it Apollos Acres. Great pictures. :)

Lissa, thank you. Apollo started me onhte road to Flemish and rabbits so it's on'y right we keep it Apollo'sAcres.;)

Lyndsy, Jeremy is doing great. He was weighted and measured atschool. He is 4'9" and weighs 113 pounds. :shock::shock:He'salmost as big as me. School is going great. He has a lot of girls thatlike him but no girlfreinds thank goodness. I'm still not ready forgirlfriends lol.

How are my Monkeys and Emma doing? How are you and Sierra?

Tina

All your babies are adorable!!:love:
I just love seeing all the pictures. And Otis is the cutest thing! Love those ears!

Beautiful pictures as usual Tina.

I really cannot believeJer is 4ft9, my how hehasgrown :shock:! He is almost the same size as me!! It's funny how quickthey grow up.

It is really hard for me to pick one of your buns as a favourite, everybun is gorgeous.

Anxiously waiting new pictures :D.

Kisses to all :kiss:

Vickie

Dyky, thank you. I am still amazed at how warm and soft Otis's ears are.

Vicky, They all got kisses from Auntie Vicky and an extra piece of pineapple.

Well it's been crazy here the last two days. It rained so muchhere. We actually had some flooding.:shock:I called Dale atwork and was getting ready to evacuate if I needed too. Thankfully wedidn't need to but W:shock:W, my yard was transformed into a swimmingpool. Poor chickens were standing in 3" of water. So as soon as Dalegot home, we grabbed flashlights and boards and got them out of thewater. Thankfullythey are all ok.

The water is finally receding. Now we are looking at snow starting tomorrow.

I clipped everyone's nails last night and was really surprised.Otis won't let Jeremy pick him for some reason. He'll let me scoop himno fuss no muss, don't know what that's about. Everyone was awesome forthe trim except Stormy. You would think I was trying to kill him as badas fights.:disgust:The smallest one and he took thelongest.

Koda is feeling fine and is completely healthy and back tonormal. Poor Norman still isn't all the way yet. He has had a few runnypoops and mean old mommy had to give him a butt bath. He is sogood.

Koda actually flopped on my foot the other day. Her favoritespot now is under the computer desk on my feet. If I get up she followsme wherever I go. She even nudges me to pet her.

Norman through all he's been through is still a sweetheart. Heeven gave me kisses last night for the first time. He is still moltingpretty bad and fell asleep while I was brushing him last night.

they never cease to amaze me. When they first got here theywouldn't leave their cage. Now to see them running around and floppingall over the place does my heart good. They wanted no part of us whenthey got here and now we are getting nudges and kisses and Koda evengroomed Jer's hair.:shock:She won't even groom poor Norman.Sorry I am just so thankful I have them in my life.

I took a hundred pics of them over the past two days. OverboardI know but I'm excited lol. I won't be posting that many but I havealot. So all you Koda and Norman fans out there, here you go.

Koda in her favorite place.
homemadehayrackwhat076.jpg

Eating her like a good girl.
homemadehayrackwhat054.jpg

Watching to see what I'm doing.
homemadehayrackwhat038.jpg

Back to her favorite spot.
homemadehayrackwhat020.jpg

Norman not pleased mom broke out the camera.
homemadehayrackwhat006.jpg

Have to look good.
homemadehayrackwhat012.jpg

Since he's been molting he has a heart on his head...aww.
homemadehayrackwhat066.jpg

Mom I think you have enough pictures, go away.
homemadehayrackwhat068.jpg

All that pooping is exhausting.
homemadehayrackwhat080.jpg

Little heart head.
homemadehayrackwhat072.jpg

The cuddle bugs together.
homemadehayrackwhat044.jpg

Hope you enjoy.

Tina

dajeti2 wrote:

Back to her favorite spot.
homemadehayrackwhat020.jpg
What a sweetie, and look at the tiger in thebackground laying the same way LOL, Now that's the big and the small ofit! LOL

Ohhh if I could rub and tickle those little feet I would!!

They are Absolutely PRECIOUS, Tina! :great:

I'll take both of them, thank you very much!

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back