Apollo's Acres Has Grown

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Tina, Peter's on board with the wollo baby!

YAY! I told him this morning, that you were thinking of having wollobabies, and I wanted one... he saidwhat the heck is a 'wollo baby'?

:laugh:

So I told him Apollo was the most gorgeous gentle boy EVER, and Ishowed him pics of how Jer, can carry him around, and ho he has astroller and EVERYTHING, he said "now that's a rabbit! So when aregetting him?"

I'M IN!:jumpforjoy:

all my love to the acres,

:love:

I just got great news.

I was sitting outside smoking a cigarette when a strange carpulled into the driveway. Now in this neck of the woods this issomething new.

A woman gets out asking if I was the one that had a problemwithsomeone in the yard. She asked me when it happened, whathappened etc. She finally lets me in why she's asking so manyquestions. Apparently these same creeps were at my neighbor's house thesame night.

She too grabbed a gun and chased them off and she could justbarely make them out running down the hill. You guessed it right intomy yard. She too has called the cops.

She may know who it is and has given the information to thecops. They are going to be questioning the individuals. The Dept. ofFish and Game is also involved.

Maybe the people that are doing this, and others thatdo this type of thing, will realize that this type ofbehaviorwon't be tolerated in this neck of the woods.

I am so excited. Hopefully the poaching will stop simply by word of mouth alone.

Tina

Thanks SPM, I'm pretty excited.

I have a few pictures to post.

These are Stormy's pictures.
Aug19am005.jpg

Aug19am004.jpg

Aug19am009.jpg

Aug19am011.jpg

Here are Christa's pictures
Aug19am024.jpg

Aug19am017.jpg

Aug19am016.jpg

Aug19am015.jpg

A few of the chickens
Aug19am060.jpg

Aug19am059.jpg

Aug19am035.jpg

Aug19am034.jpg

Aug19am056.jpg

Aug19am055.jpg

I'm off to take more pictures. Hope you enjoy.

Tina

It's good to know someone has GOOD neighbous...

I LOVE the pics, those chicks are HUGE now, and very pretty! Christa,and Stormy are looking great as usual. Stormy is just so sweet! Christais chinning everything... remindes me of Buster!

Can't wait to see the rest of the crew!

:kiss:

Lyndsy, everybunny in the house doesthat lmbo. They each have to rechin everything the rabbit before themchinned. I'm amazed they rubbed all their hair off chinning the waythey do. Apollo does it more than all of them.

The hens and Yapper are going to be enormous. They are gettingso big. Seems like yesterday I could two in my hand and today it tookhands to hold one.:(

Bunnys_rule, Thank you. The rabbits and the chickens are hilarious to watch.

Great News!!!

We are heading out to check out the fair. I am going to therabbit and chicken barn first. I told Dale I am getting a chicken andhe said ok.:shock:Who took my husband and can I keep thisone.:p. Maybe two chickens???;)

Acres pictures are going to have to wait until Sunday. I'm surebetween Acres rabbits, the fair chickens and rabbits and demolitionDerby, y'all are going to be in picture overload.

Tina

dajeti2 wrote:
You're killing me, you're really killing me.

Must stay strong, Hey Dale, No Must StayStrong
Come on Dale...what's one more bunny going to do? Youknow once Tina goes to a rabbit show, she is going to take one homeanyway. Might as well be cute adorable Baby C:rofl:

I love Kineta! Her sweet and innocent face combinedwith her adventerous nature make her so precious.

Yapper is HUGE! What are you feeding him -MiracleGro? They are going to look like full-grown chickiessoon with the bright red full wattles and combs.

Stormy attacking the truck was just too cute. She wants to be just like Apollo.:love:

I like chicken #1. That's one pretty chicken!

I want to go to the fair! I'm so jealous. I missed all the fairs this year. I just want fair food.

I'm so glad to know you have good neighbors. My nut next doorhas been in a strangely good mood lately. The other night, mymom's fan was making it's usual noises and he came to thedoor. I thought he was going to complain (it's an old squeakywindow fan), but he said he wanted to make sure we knew about the noisebecause he didn't want the house to burn down. It was verystrange.

Jen

cirrustwi wrote:
I like chicken #1. That's one pretty chicken!

I want to go to the fair! I'm so jealous. I missed all the fairs this year. I just want fair food.

I'm so glad to know you have good neighbors. My nut next doorhas been in a strangely good mood lately. The other night, mymom's fan was making it's usual noises and he came to thedoor. I thought he was going to complain (it's an old squeakywindow fan), but he said he wanted to make sure we knew about the noisebecause he didn't want the house to burn down. It was verystrange.

Jen
sorry to sound like a downer debbie, but if its usually acrotchy neighbor all of a sudden being nice .. they are usually up tosomething...trying to peek in get a look at something else to complainabout ....or can turn around and say that (say after complaining to thepolice) that he came over and warned your about your fan being a firehazard and he's scared for his house type stuff......i just moved inNov. and we;ve got some wicked neighbors ...so two faced it makes menauseous!!

FreddysMom wrote:
cirrustwi wrote:
I'm so gladto know you have good neighbors. My nut next door has been ina strangely good mood lately. The other night, my mom's fanwas making it's usual noises and he came to the door. Ithought he was going to complain (it's an old squeaky window fan), buthe said he wanted to make sure we knew about the noise because hedidn't want the house to burn down. It was very strange.

Jen
sorry to sound like a downer debbie, but if its usually acrotchy neighbor all of a sudden being nice .. they are usually up tosomething...trying to peek in get a look at something else to complainabout ....or can turn around and say that (say after complaining to thepolice) that he came over and warned your about your fan being a firehazard and he's scared for his house type stuff......i just moved inNov. and we;ve got some wicked neighbors ...so two faced it makes menauseous!!
I honestly think he's bi-polar. I think he's in his manicphase right now. We always take his being nice reallycautiously. My guard is never down as far as he's concernedand if he wants to get into a war with the police being called, he canbring it on. I have just as many things to complain aboutfrom his house.

Jen

cirrustwi wrote:
FreddysMom wrote:
cirrustwi wrote:
I'm so gladto know you have good neighbors. My nut next door has been ina strangely good mood lately. The other night, my mom's fanwas making it's usual noises and he came to the door. Ithought he was going to complain (it's an old squeaky window fan), buthe said he wanted to make sure we knew about the noise because hedidn't want the house to burn down. It was very strange.

Jen
I honestly think he's bi-polar. I think he's in his manicphase right now. We always take his being nice reallycautiously. My guard is never down as far as he's concernedand if he wants to get into a war with the police being called, he canbring it on. I have just as many things to complain aboutfrom his house.

Jen
lol you never know these days...he might be!! i hatehow neighbors have to be stupid and nosey ...if everyone just mindedtheir business we'd all live in peace!! we are putting an addition onour house and everything is being done by the books construction only10-5 (we live in a super strict neighborhood) and we have only ladythree houses down that would like us to stop for three hours during theafternoon, b/c it interrupts her children's nap time (who are all overthe age of 7)...i swear some ppl are just never happy unless they aremaking someone else miserable ..shes also called the town on us severaltimes to have all of our permits and stuff checked over and much to herchagrin everythings 100% legit :)

Did you ever have one of those dayswhere you start offhere andend uphere .

The day was wonderful. I didn't get everything I wanted to getdone but I got enough of it done that I was feeling prety good. Until Ichecked the answering machine. Dale had left here at 11am to go to hismom's house before work. I checked the machine at 2pm. Apparently Dalehad the day off as they closed the plant down. I call his mom's houseand there's no answer.:waiting:

Did I mention I tend to worry. He calls me back to say he justwent to work and the plant is closed..duh...I tried to call and tellyou. It wouldn't kill ya to answer hte phone once in awhile.:foreheadsmack:They told him the plant is closed until Monday.When he asked them why? What's going on?

A BombThreat Thereis something to it because they have guards posted every couple ofyards around the entire perimeter and NO vehicles of any sort allowedanywhere near the place.

I start freaking out. Dale says lets go to the fair...he'strying to diffuse me before I freak out totally. We get to the fair andI have my camera, this day can be saved after all.

We get there and I am walking so fast I may as been running tothe chicken and rabbit barn. I am in critter heaven. I'm takingpictures and notes lol going from cage to cage. I round the corner andthere is the prettiest chicken I have ever seen. A blue hen!! She hasstunning auburn highlights on her head. I am in love.:love:

I continue looking around because I have always wanted a Cochinand if I can find one or two of those, they are soooo coming home withme. Nope no Cochins for sale-but I did get the number of a breeder thatbreeds not only Cochins, but Bearded Silkies andPolish.:jumpforjoy:

I grab one of the guys that works the barn to ask aboutthatblue hen. She is an Ameraucana. She would lay one sometimes twoeggs a day and they lay colored eggs. The eggs can be shades of gree,blue or pink. There is another blond one with the auburn highlights. Wepay for both. The guy Charlie asked if we had anything to bring themhome in. Ugh I forgot the carrier at home. Go run and get twoboxes.

I asked him if I had to take them now, and he said no. I toldhim I am going to the Derby and can take them now. He says no don'tworry about just get them when we're done.

We went to the cattle barn and I had a blast. I even got to PETa cow.:ele::bunnydance:I know, I'm weird. I got some awesomepictures of the cows. OH and they had a new breed, Highland something Ihave to look it up. Fuzzy Cows Y'all, I sooooooooooo want one.

The Demolition Derby was fun. Sadly there what I call cheatersand Dale says it's called Sand Bagging. They would sit there nothitting any car until the judges would blow the whistle.:mad: See theyhave two minutes to hit something or they are out of it. It was funthough. We couldn't help but feel we had taken though because each ofthese cheaters ended up winning their heats.

We make our way to the chicken and bunny barn. I have my boxesready and I am going through what I need to do for them when I get themhome. I make my way to their pen and IT"S EMPTY!!!!!!!!! Dale who hasno patience takes off to find somebody to yell at. I walk aroundlooking to see if perhaps Charles already boxed them for me. No boxedchickens.:?

Come to find out Charlie never wrote it down that they weresold and someone else resold them.:tears2:I ask Caleb, the guy Dalejust tore into if there is anyway to replace them? HE said I could haveany of the ones still in the pen. There are 4 breeds in there and Ihave 4 here at home. The 4th is what's called Turken (Naked Necks):dunno:. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I am not thebeholder. One was eating and you could see the food moving down andjust*shiver* no thank you.

There was also no way to get our money back. Dale left and got change so we cold get our money back.

I figure ok no chickens how about a bunny. As I'm looking overthe bunnys again, Dale comes back. We look together and nothing reallygrabbed me.

So that was my day. I didn't charge the camera battery beforewe left so I didn't get too many pics. I'll post them later on today ortomorrow.

Tina

dajeti2 wrote:
Did you ever have one of those days where you startoffhere andend uphere .

Tina,

I'm sorry you had a bad day. I understand perfectly - only myday went in the opposite direction! Last night the car dieddowntown (starter). We got a ride home and then this morningArt & I argued over priorities because we have to take the kidsto college tomorrow....finally we got a rental car, a new starter, thecar fixed (and home) AND we get to use the rental tomorrow (AIRCONDITIONING - WOO HOO!!) to take the kids on the 3 hour trip oneway.

Anyway, Kineta felt bad you had a bad day too - so she sat in a basket(reluctantly) long enough for me to get some photos for you.

Unfortunately - she wanted to be with Tiny for a bit before I took thepictures and GingerSpice didn't take too kindly to that - they chasedeach other for a bit. The funny thing is....at 6 1/2 weeksold....Kineta is BIGGER than GingerSpice (who is really small for alionhead) - and Ginger is 5 months old! Of course Kineta doeshave all that fur and not the muscle Ginger does....

Here are the photos for you...

I would have taken more - but she doesn't like to sit still!

Peg

Latest posts

Back