Apollo Got Hurt

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard of them coming back too, Jen. So thefarther away you can drop them off, the better. After a certaindistance I think they just can't make it. So hopefully Apollo's opossumwon't have a good sense of direction.

Tina, BLESS YOUR HEART!!! I'm justreading this thread. I'm so sorry that this happened toApollo! Tears literally welled into my eyes as I was readingwhat happened.

I'm so glad to read that he's feeling a bit better. Pleasekeep us updated and give him a GREAT BIG SLOPPY KISS and a hug from hisAuntie Bun!!!!!

Sherman and I will be keeping him in our thoughts and prayers. (((( HUGE hug )))))

In the past I observed an o'possum eating fromthe, then, free ranging buns' pellet bowls on the ground with the bunsclosely observing the critter, but no one making any aggressive moves.

I don't know if the o'possum would have done any harm toApollo, but that doesn't matter if he believed to thecontrary. They certainly have a startlingappearance and are a very, very ancient species. They willfeign death or become unconscious as a form of self defense.

How's 'Pollo?

Buck

By nature possums are not aggressivecreatures. They will play dead when confronted by pet dogsand have even been brought into houses by dogs while playingdead. Possums will scavenge for food whereverpossible. They do dine on some bugs and small rodents, butwill rather get an easy meal from a pets food dish ifpossible. Once the food source is eliminated they usuallystop coming around regularly. Skunks and Raccoons follow thesame pattern.

Ed

Apollo is still holding his own. Thetwitching episodes are still holding at 3 an hour. Thankfully he isn'tstartled by the spasms now. I just hate that he has to go through this.

I am going to let him out for the first time since thisstarted. I was afraid that the way the spasms were startling himthat he would panic and bolt and end up hurting himself more.Wish us luck.

What scared Apollo was the scent of this thing. Then when itwas hissing and growling he panicked.That's why I am so worried aboutthere being more inthe yard.

Tina's got a gun.
Tina's got a gun.
Possum's world come undone,
everybody is on the run.

What did AAApollo do??
Now Tina's got an I.O.U.

Raspberry, wonder where I can get one of those hhmm LMAO

Carolyn, you are nuts Sweetie. I love it & so does Jer lol.

Tina

BunnyMommy, Thank you. I did indeed giveApollo lots of kisses from his Auntie. I even broke down and gavehima treat. His first since all of this and boy was hehappy.

Between 10-11pm Apollo only had 2 episodes. Oh I hope thismeans they are starting to go away. I told Carolyn that Apollo looks atyou during a spasm it looks like his ear is waving at me. It's kindacute but it won't hurt my feelings none to see it go away.

My poor guy. I can't wait for him to be all better.So far nobinkies:( and he's been out for a couple hours and we usually get abinky within the first 3 seconds we let him out. But tomorrow isanother day.

Tina

I'm so glad to hear that the spasms seemto be lessening. Hopefully they will disappear completelysoon. Give 'Pollo a big ol' kissie for me.

I was taking pictures of Jeremy andApollo tonight. In this picture you can see what I mean by his cheek isswollen. It's on the right side. Thankfully the swelling is starting togo down a bit. Still holding steady at three:(.

Owee.jpg

Tina

You might try returning him to a more normal routine. That may help build his confidence and relax him more.

Ed

Great News!!

I think we are finally down to 2 episodes. The past 2 hours hehas only had two twitching episodes. I am so happy. Hopefully thismeans they are almost gone. The swelling seems to have gone down a bittoo.

Still no binkies:(. He has forgiven me for all the poking,prodding and testing. He was actively looking for attention from uswith numerous head butts and even chinned us.

We lost electricity from 11am til about 4:30pm. Super highwinds knocked down trees and knocked out the power. Thankfully we wereable to keep Apollo calm with a battery operated radio. I turned it upso it drowned out the noise and closed all the curtains to block itfrom sight. He was still upset but never panicked which isawesome.

Tina

WONDERFUL NEWS TINA!

Oh I so hope this means his episodes are comming to an end...Poor baby, not only did he have to go through this, but a wind stormtoo!:shock:

Glad you were able to keep him calm Tina,

glad he's feeling better!

Mnokeys!:p

Thank Goodness it's down to two!

Keep us posted!

-Carolyn

I wish I had more news. He is still attwo. I can't wait for this to be gone and my baby all better. I want tothank everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Ya'll definitely made atremendous impact on me and in helping Apollo. Thank you ever somuch.

Tina

Mambo that was so cool.

I wish I could bring the count down further but Ican't.:(Little guy seems stuck on two twitching episodes anhour. I am hoping that tomorrow will bring an improvement and a lowernumber.

The swelling has definitely gone down. I know it's there so Ispot better. Jeremy said today Hey mom Apollo's face looks better. Iagree.

Thank you everyone. You have been so supportive and we trult appreciate it.

Tina and Jeremy-Apollo'sBro

Latest posts

Back