Anyone got embroidery/appliqé pictures I could use for my home ec project?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicolevins

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

In school, for home ec we have to do a craft project for out junior cert which is in 3rd year. Im still in 2nd year but we are doing ours early to save the hassle.

I typed everything out on my laptop, but I need pictures of embroidery (and appliqué)! We have to do the history (like, write out how embroidery started and all).

So, if you guys have any pictures that I could print out and put into my project I would really appreciate it

NatandZanderinv-dayshirtsfeb2009.jpg

This is all I have for right now I can get more in a couple hours

ETA the other pic is all applice`

have you thought about printing off a picture of the Bayeux Tapestry - this is actually a fine piece of embroidery which tells the story of the Norman Conquest of britain - 1066. Embroidery as a historical record - tho' one written by the winning side!!

HA HA thx Donna that is my son Zander and his GF Natalie...she is no longer in my care she thought she needed to go to school lol

Thank you, SOOOO much Denise!! They are definitley going on my Craft project! I realy appreciate it :biggrin2: ;)

Donna, I will have to look that up now!!

If u need anything else Nicole let me know. I dont do applique any more too darn time consuming. But I'm here is u need me...good luck!!!

if i've done this right you should see a 12" x12" panel with an appliqued robin in the middle. he is standing on an log outlined in chain stitch. all the stitching is by hand - mine!

P1081056.jpg

and another piece of applique - the metallic material used for the stars and snowflakes is quite thick so i didnt satin stitch around it. the black strips giving the effect of stained glass leading are very thin strips of binding. these two panels are all the applique i still have and were done for xmas. if you need them i have some pics of my quilting blocks

:)
P1081059.jpg

Latest posts

Back