Anyone ever see this at Kindling?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are 26 days today. The two blue girls and the black girl weigh 1 lb. each.

Lil Bit weight 9 oz. (So he's still a lil bit!)

Who woke us up????? (That's Lil Bit down in front...)

26days-3.jpg

Running Around:

26days-8.jpg

Mom settled in:

26days-4.jpg

And the whole time I'm taking photo's... where is Lil Bit????

26days-7.jpg

I am so jealous.

I will share something - when I got started breeding I really halfway wanted to breed flemies and Art put his foot down and said, "no way" because they were so big. However, if I'd bred flemmies - I probably would have only had one or two pairs (as opposed to my HERD of lionheads).

I am SO JEALOUS of your baby flemmies...I wish I could sneak up there and steal them all....

Oh well - I'll have to be satisfied with my Tiny!

Peg

Out of curiosity, Peg, how big is Tiny exactly?

And how big will those babies probably get?

The biggest Flemish I ever saw was huge. As in, well over twenty pounds. He wasn't overweight, either- it was all muscle and bone. Biig bunny.

I kind of expect some of these babies to be between 16 and 18 lbs when full grown. (Not LIL BIT!) None of the varietiescosistantly produce 20 lbs rabbits... but you'll find the Sandies generally are the larger ones.

The blues don't, consistantly get as big as the Sandies, buta few of us areworking on improving them.

Another note, a lot of the breeders have trouble getting a doe over 20 lbs to breed, and once you get to that weight, it can be difficult to maintain condition and type.... there was a 23 lbs Sandy doe at the Lebanon, PA show last year, she was massive, but first off the table. But we all had to see her weighed just for the heck of it!

Tiny is sort of small for a flemish - I don't remember if he is 14 pounds or 17 pounds. I will have to weigh him later.

Peg

Ivory wrote:
Out of curiosity, Peg, how big is Tiny exactly?

And how big will those babies probably get?

The biggest Flemish I ever saw was huge. As in, well over twenty pounds. He wasn't overweight, either- it was all muscle and bone. Biig bunny.

You do realize, of course, that if you'd bred Flemmies, I would've wound up with a whole crowd of them here. But, SHHH...don't let Danny read that...(although I'm quite certain he suspects). Last night, he was complaining that he was outnumbered (male to female ratio in the house)...so I said (can you guess?), "Ya know...we could get a Flemmie...and it could be a boy...when we have a house...and we'd have the space for one then...and he could be King of the herd, just like Tiny.

I hate to say it, but I didn't get much response...BUT...I think he may have been thinking about it. So, I kept goin', telling him how sweet Flemmies are, telling him that it would be like a puppy dog, that the bun would be as big as the cats (to which he said, "How big's Tiny?" and I told him that I thought Tiny was a bit on the small side at about 15lbs..yay to me getting it right!).

I think I may have him thinking about it...but ya never know with this guy...I think I'll just have to wait until everybun's home and talk to him again about it then...

But...a beautiful fawn or (now) blue Flemmie is on my list! And ya'll know what happens when somebun is on Mama's list...lol! I'll just have to be sure to name the bun something short, like four letters, so his name fits under my avatar!

:biggrin2:

TinysMom wrote:
I am so jealous.

I will share something - when I got started breeding I really halfway wanted to breed flemies and Art put his foot down and said, "no way" because they were so big. However, if I'd bred flemmies - I probably would have only had one or two pairs (as opposed to my HERD of lionheads).

I am SO JEALOUS of your baby flemmies...I wish I could sneak up there and steal them all....

Oh well - I'll have to be satisfied with my Tiny!

Peg

MrBinky promised me my flemmie when we get a house. In fact, he wants me to get two so they can be together. :biggrin2:I like how MrBinky turned out :pI think you trained your man pretty well too Rosie... You do have 8 bunnies you know :pIf I got the count right. But I do hope you get one when you guys get a house :biggrin2:

Btw... Those babies are too cute. I have wanted flemmies ever since i heard of them. Lol. But I don't picture them in a 3 1/2. I'm so jealous of you :pI love Lil Bit and how he's always in the same spots. Lol.

As of this morning, there are only two left. Lil Bit is still doing well, and one of his blue sisters is OK. I lost 3 of them over the last week. We are still having trouble with unexplained losses. Still waiting to hear from vet labs...

We are having that checked too... samples of everything we could get were sent to the lab, but they need a week to compete all tests and get the results back to us. A week is a long time under this situation. But the vet has me treating for coccidiosis as a back up... we'll see what happens...

Latest posts

Back