Anybody else an introvert?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:feelbetter:

Paige--When I was young enough to have boyfriends;), I felt the same way with my boyfriend's social group...so hard. I feel it! You brought back memories!

Just to share a couple of thoughts:

It might get easier with time;) You are not alone:) You are beautiful inside and out!!! And there's nothing wrong with sitting quietly until you're ready. (Woman of mystery;) AND the people who seem to be "having fun" may be more afraid than you are:)

Just curious...is anyone else who considers themselves to be an introvert also an "only" child? I am and, this morning I was thinking to myself that I don't really know any other only children...all of my friends and co-workers, etc. have siblings.

I have a sister that is 2 years older. She is much more outgoing than I am. When I was moving into my college dorm she helped to move stuff. My roomate was surprised when I stayed rather than her because she had been doing all the talking.

Anyone else get practically violently grumpy when pushed for too long? Work has been stressful so I'm working more hours with more meetings etc. I havn't been gettting my alone time to decompress. I'm starting to say out loud things I normally keep to myself. I also find more curse words slipping in. Thank goodness I am taking Friday as a vacation day and Monday is a holiday. I need a collect myself.

I'm naturally a caca mouth. I tend to be verbal when i'm mad or pushed too far. Enjoy your days Brandy!
I'm on vacation all of next week returning Tue 9/11.. goodness knows i need it!

I would be cautious about saying that introverts are drained from being around others. That may be true for many people (even some extroverts), but it isn't the definition of introvert, ya know? :) Like many of you, I am definitely an introvert, but I do not mind being around other people or anything and love to be social with people that I really like. Don't mind being alone though, either! To me, to be introverted means more that you keep your innermost thoughts and feelings mostly to yourself.

I don't think it's necessarily that we get drained from being around people, it's just that we recharge from being alone. My mom is the complete opposite. She gets antsy and NEEDS the company of others to get a boost! I have to go shut myself in my room and not talk in order to recover. For me, it's much easier when you're around friends and family that are familiar, but it can definitely be exhausting in large crowds and social situations. :D

I actually generally hate being around people I don't know, to the point where I will not go to social gatherings such as dances/parties/etc. with people I DO know because talking to new people makes me so anxious. I don't usually get along well with people I know through school, it's just a big personality clash, maybe from me being "newer" and all of them having gone to school together since kindergarten, not to mention the only things people in my school seem to be interested in are sports and partying... When I have friends and they invite me to hang out or whatever, I generally won't say no, though. I don't really have any close friends right now besides my boyfriend though, because all of my best friends just graduated and moved away and, as I mentioned before, I find it pretty hard to talk to people. :nerves1

I'm an introvert. I can be outgoing for my job, but I really need alone time to recharge and I'm not naturally outgoing. I have few friends but only close friends and it takes me awhile to get used to people. Actually, my fathers side of the family are mostly introverts and recluses, which is quite interesting. If I won the lotto and didn't have to work, I'd have a huge property and become a recluse. =P

My dad is an introvert. He doesn't like being outside of the house too much. He doesn't like birthday parties with strangers attending. He's spending his time at home for more than 12 hours a day. Despite being and introvert, he is an up-to-date person. He learns so much from the internet mostly about business issues, galaxy, health, science and he is one of the top player in farmville (a facebook game). Haha. He is also a businessman that only sits at home and money will come to him by itself (no kidding). I wish I could earn money while sitting at home like him. Being an introvert is not that bad if we look at the positive side of it. I am proud of my dad the way he is. It is just so nice to be home and knowing dad is always at home. (My mum is lucky to have a husband that doesn't leave the house late at night)

My dad is also a rabbit lover. He talks to my bunnies everyday. He talked to them like they would respond to what he said. So cute. :)

littl3red wrote:
I actually generally hate being around people I don't know, to the point where I will not go to social gatherings such as dances/parties/etc. with people I DO know because talking to new people makes me so anxious. I don't usually get along well with people I know through school, it's just a big personality clash, maybe from me being "newer" and all of them having gone to school together since kindergarten, not to mention the only things people in my school seem to be interested in are sports and partying... When I have friends and they invite me to hang out or whatever, I generally won't say no, though. I don't really have any close friends right now besides my boyfriend though, because all of my best friends just graduated and moved away and, as I mentioned before, I find it pretty hard to talk to people. :nerves1

Are we the same person? :shock: I'm the same way really. I'm hyper and crazy and extroverted around very few people, any other time I'm quiet and would rather read or crochet :)

Yes. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! I've done some reading on this and understanding it was really important for me, too. Yes, yes, yes. Thanks for posting this--it's a good time for a refresher for me, too.

Sometimes I wonder if this trait is one of the things that makes us love bunnies so much...they are so ultra-sensitive to everything in their environment...and why it is such a joy to see them relaxed:)

I can definately seeing HSP connecting to bunnies in a stronger way because we see such subtle changes.

I can remember having a conversation with my husband about rabbit communication in ears with lops.
Me:eek:h look, Becky is interested in Indiana Buns! (both lops)
DH: how can you tell?
Me: her ears are forward and more towards him.
DH: really? they look the same to me.
Me: no, look, see how they are closer to her face and the inside is a little more rotated forward!
DH: um, no. I will take your word for it.

LOL he just couldn't see the difference, but it really is there when she is curious or interested in something.

I also think rabbits are great because they don't over stimulate us. We were talking about dogs as we walked around the park the other day. Just thinking about owning a dog made me tired and over stimulated. They are just so, it's hard to explain, I guess in your face? Dogs just bring a totally different energy to the relationship than a cat or particularly a rabbit.

Wow, I've never heard of that before, but that fits me perfectly. I have been told my my gifted facilitator and several other adults that I am a very sensitive person (along with reassurances that it is not a bad thing.) I do understand what you mean, Brandy, it's that way with me and my family. Like I tell my mom that she's making Teddy nervous (she gets pretty nervous around people other than me and Boyfriend) and she said "Whatever, you're just trying to get me out of your room." She really can't tell the difference between relaxed Teddy and anxious Teddy. I only partially agree about the dog thing. I get along pretty well with all animals (except hamsters :pssd:) and prefer them over humans, and dogs can be a bit exhausting (I have two) but they are still well worth the trouble of having them around.

Back