any problem with this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

recycling goddess

Reaction score
Hey all, is there any problems with the food andwater on the second level of a NIC cage? our cage is 3 levels... andgingersnap easily goes from one level to the other. more grasses on thethird level and her litter box is on the bottom level. --- she is, atthis point completely litter trained ;) and we've had her for one weeknow.

There is no problem with it if she is okay withit. If she stops eating/drinking or it decreases, you mightwant to move the food. Make sure it is secure since higherlevels are sometimes less sturdy. You don't want anythingtipping over.

i got her a little "feed trough" that hangs onthe side of the cage... and her water bottle beside it. she was alreadyup there... sniffing around... so i hope she gets used to it. i'mhoping that since we've only had her a week (and she's 10 weeks oldnow) that she'll get used to it quickly. ;)

yeah, winnie got a little cubby right afterbeing spayed, so i did the same (this was after she was completelyhealed). . .it made her get her big bunny butt up and moving. . .

I have the water on the first level, the hay onthe second level, and the pellets on the third level. hespends most of his time on the 3rd level i dont know if he just likesit up there or if he likes being by his pellets. he doesntspend much time at all on the 2nd level and doesnt really eat any hay.

katt wrote:
yeah, winnie got a little cubby right after being spayed, soi did the same (this was after she was completely healed). . .it madeher get her big bunny butt up and moving. . .
what did your rabbit get after being spayed?

MiniLop wrote:
I have the water on thefirst level, the hay on the second level, and the pellets on the thirdlevel. he spends most of his time on the 3rd level i dontknow if he just likes it up there or if he likes being by hispellets. he doesnt spend much time at all on the 2nd leveland doesnt really eat any hay
Perhaps if you move his hay to the3rd level he may eat at least a small amount! Mine dont really like hayeihter but i can tempt them to eat a small handful each day.

hunnybunny63 wrote:
MiniLop wrote:
I have the water on thefirst level, the hay on the second level, and the pellets on the thirdlevel. he spends most of his time on the 3rd level i dontknow if he just likes it up there or if he likes being by hispellets. he doesnt spend much time at all on the 2nd leveland doesnt really eat any hay
Perhaps if you move his hay to the3rd level he may eat at least a small amount! Mine dont really like hayeihter but i can tempt them to eat a small handful each day.
i will try it :)

Latest posts

Back