any one elses rabbit make these noises? (video)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaylicourt

Reaction score
Video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4zgEz8ZQGw[/ame]

Every time i even go near where i keep her treats she runs over and tries to climb up me whilst making these noises. The noises are constant until i either leave the area or she gets a treat, so cute :p

I turned my volume up all the way and held my laptop near my ear but could not really make out a noise well.

Thumper grunts lightly at times while running around, eating and grooming. I take it as a very happy noise. When I am playing with him and he starts I will do it back.

If it is that slight whistle noise, I'm not familiar with it, but I'd bet it's excitement!

Is it that duck-like noise? That's what I hear on the video. Too funny! None of mine ever made a noise like that.

I hear it mostly at the 5 to 11 second frames.

Last edited:
Yeah that's the noise, haha. I've never heard rabbits do it before either, she does it when she's excited :)

I hear it loud and clear. It sounds like a small dog barking. ha ha
I have never heard that before but you can tell she was happy to see you.

Some of my rabbits will make that noise when they are happy and out running around me, playing. She's just letting you know that she's happy, and really excited about getting her treats:)

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, that's adorable xD No, I've never heard Ripley do that. He certainly does seem very excited and stands up and tries to get as close as possible, sometimes even chewing on the bars if he gets impatient. But the only noises I've heard him make were little grunts or teeth grinding.

It sounded like a small dog yapping to me, too. LOL I swear my Bella doe sounds like a darn pigeon...she makes this weird noise and I keep thinking a pigeon got stuck in the chimney. Haven't heard them bark before, though. haha

Yeah, I hear it, and it sounds like a hushed bark. My rabbit makes some subtle noises, too, but not exactly like that. I wonder if the exact noise depends on breed, as it does for dogs.

That is so funny and cute. sounded like a duck to me. Mine have never done that but he sure looks happy to see you.

I hear it :) My little guy makes that sound when I enter the room while he is circling my feet or when he knows I'm getting him a treat from his rabbit supplies drawer. My bun makes the noise a bit less high pitched than that though. I say he sounds like a didgeridoo haha. So cute! That's the noise your little one makes when they're excited right??

Latest posts

Back