Any Migraine Sufferers?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get really REALLY bad migraines once amonth! Its always at 4am in the morning. And I cannever get to sleep again. I always take a paracetamol andthen it carms down in the next hour.

This might sound really sily, but if you tiltyour head rightback and stay like that for a few minutes it does go, but only forabout 3-5 minutes. But to me thats a long time consideringhow bad it gets! Also if you rub your head it seems to gotemporary. It all might sound silly butthey reallydowork. Ofcourse if you did these things for longer it wouldlast for longer, but it depends how much of a fool you want to look! :D

Im not sure how to get rid of it totally though, apart from paracetamols etc.

Have you gone to your doctor about them? They might perscribe some medication.

There might be a reason for your migraines. I think I getmine from my contraception pills. Since mine happen about thesame time every month. I havent gone to the docs about itbecause I dont mind having a migraine once a month, when othercontraception pills can give you alot more worse side effects!

I take Aspirin and Imitrex when I get mymigranes but that could be up to 10 times a month so I would like tofind a way to lessen the amount of meds I have to take.

So far I've tried a chiropracter and I've seen no benefits so far.

I have tried switching from an estrogen pill to a progesterone only pill, but I didn't see much improvement there either.

My boyfriend and best friend both suffer from migrains.

With Ryan, he normal gets away with taking IB Profin at the onset andhe's okay. He also found this really good website onheadaches and migrains, but I didn't bookmark it so I'll have to askhim for the link.

My friend Rita has migrains that come on suddenly with no buildup. So she has prescription strength stuff shetakes. I've told her about the link to some estrogen basedbirth control and migraines, but she's not going to try changing herpill (some people just don't care enough to try everything...).

I get the occasional head ache, but not very often.

One thing to try to keep head aches to a minimum is to make sure youare hydrated. Ryan gets headaches when he's not drinkingenough water.

--Dawn

I hate migraines! I don't get them constantly, but when I do get them I get several a week and they are really bad.

Usually I find I get them when i'm tired and havn't eaten breakfast andI'm watchin TV. I'll notice that I can't see parts of the screen verywell and then I litterally start going blind, all I can see is thisswirling mass of kaleidoscope lights. Then comes the throbbing head andvomitting, and if I try to sleep through it, it gets so much worse.

What works best for me is, as soon as my vision starts to go slightlybad I grab a glass of water, two pain killers and lie down on the couchwith the curtains closed and my head under a cusion so that there is nolight on my eyes. I take the pain killers first of course and afterabout 20 minutes the light show goes away and I have avoided the sorehead. I feel weak and a bit strange for 24 hours afterwards though.

I almost got a migraine yesterday while out in public. My partnerturned 24 so we went out for the day to an amusment park and going onthe roller coaster made the migraine disapear! I hate roller coastersas I am terrified of them but I was almost grateful he made me go on itafter all :).

I had migraines since I was a little kid.
They tried all kinds of medications, but the side-effects can be just as bad as the headaches.

One thing that used to make them go away was to have someone massage mytemples. My sister did for meon many occasions with goodresults.

The other thing that would help was either heat or ice. Most of thetimes I could wrap a heating pad around my head and it would help.Other times the heat wouldn't work andI would use ice packsinstead....not as comforting, but it worked.

They subsided almost completely when I had my 2 remaining wisdom teethremoved. The doctor suggested that the migraines may have been causedby TMJ.

`jim

Yes, I occassionally get migraines, too(especially during "migraine week"!!), but mostly get them from becausemy neck is lacking in curvature. I usually solve it with acouple of Excedrine Migraine's. They're the only thing I'veever found that at least mostly (if not fully) handled mymigraines. :)

Worse. I get clusterheadaches. I have to take beta blockers, imitrex and even hadto carry an oxygen tank around with me to abort them. You'venever experienced pain until you've had a cluster. :(

I had my last cycle of clusters right before Ifound out I was pregnant. Thank GOD! My cyclesusually last about 6 months and then will disappear for 2-3years. I haven't had a cluster in the past 8 months of mypregnancy. I've been lucky.

My friend who suffers from migraines got some migraines while she waspregnant but not many. She was able to take someover-the-counter drugs with some relief.

Are you planning on having a baby? :D:cool:

Unfortunately, my migraines STARTED when I waspregnant with my now-six-year-old daughter, and have gone down infrequency and a bit in intensity, but haven't gone away completely inthe LEAST!! I attribute it half to my neck and half tohormone changes since having her. Who knows?Lol...:) All I know is I'm happy I've found something thatlessens them so the day can be bearable. There are times thatit doesn't handle them completely (it's about 50/50), but at least theylessen so I can function. :)

jordiwes wrote:
Lissa wrote:
Are you planningon having a baby? :D:cool:
It's a while away yet but maybe this time next year? shhh, don't tell.;)

:yes:Don't worry. I won't tell. LOL

BTW, you would be surprised the changes that your body goes throughwhen pregnant. I have a long history of cluster headaches,depression,psoriasis and other ailments which all completelydisappeared during pregnancy. I remember thinkingand worrying prepregnancy god what's going to happenwhen Iget pregnant. But not only did my psoriasis go away (which Ihad since the age of 5), all the warts on my handsdisappeared. Crazy!

My hubby has both migrains and clusters at yhesame time. he's been in a cycle for 3 days now, he takes about 8diffrent meds and a 02 tank.

I used to haveheadachs almost daily. Iwent to the Dr. and she put me on Imitrex. I read the side effects andtheres No way i'm going to take this stuff. So every day I get thisheadach sometime it turns into a migraine but most of the time itwasn't bad that i felt i should hav to take imitrex but my dr keepstelling me to take it. This cont. for a few weeks. Finally my boss saidto me that he used to have the same problem and he found out it washigh bloodpressure. So i called my Dr and was told no just take theImitrex. GRRRR My husband has HBP so he has a monitor. He started totake my BP in the morning and when I get home from work and we chartedit. I make an appt. to see my Dr. and give her the chart. They take mypressure there it was like 156/110!!!!!!!!! So now I take Propanololand wouldn't you know my headachs are gone. What really ****es me offis how long it took to figure out the problem. And until i did theheadach diary i didn't relize how offten i got some type of headach.And let me tell you if i forget to take it I get a headach lol thatusally when i'm like crap need take my pills.

OH and to think like a year ago i stopped putting cyrstal light drinkmixes in my water i was told that might be causing the headach. HAHA soI went out last week and bought a bunch of them I am a huge waterdrinker and i love the fruit punch ones.

Latest posts

Back