Any Migraine Sufferers?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*hugs*

Here to

It's very interesting to read about all the different types of migraine and cures.

Migraines run in my family, my gran (whose almost 90 andwhohas sadly just been diagnosed with terminal cancer) has had them allher life and they can last for 2 weeks at a time. My sistergets them, though less now that she's older and mine only started theyear I got married! Oh, I'm never going to let him forgetthat!I also get them in batches, maybe none for4-5months and then 2-3 in one week.

I usually get some sort of odd feeling in my neck and terriblenausea. Sometimes the pain is so bad that I just make myselfsick to get a few moments relief while I try to take somepainkillers. I just try to sleep butI don't likethe silence, I need something like the radio to be on quietly in thebackground, something to concentrate on until I go to sleep.My husband also strokes my head, butit has to be done in acertain way over my ear and with particular pressure and that calms medown quite a lot.

Someone mentioned that they thought their contraceptive caused themigraine. I can't remember the proper name of this type ofpill but it's the one you take with a 7 day break - anyway, I am notallowed to take that at all as although it probably doesn't actuallycause the migraine, it doeschange them. When Iwastaking it, during a migraine, I'd get a strangenumbing down one side of my face, the whole feeling in my body was veryodd like I was a bit detached and the next day I'd get an ache down theright side of my face and arm. When I told the doctor hefreaked and said these were warning signs and I was lucky I didn't geta full stroke.

As to what causes them - being married! No, justjesting. Stress has been the biggest cause though anddehydration - Sometimes I just don't drink enough.

Oh dear, this was a lot longer than I meant it to be- oops,sorry.

I have never had a migrane,but i have watched mymum suffer with them as i was growing up,sometimes she would stay inher room for days,it had to be a very dark room as any kind of lightwould hurt her head,as you all know

After suffering for a very long time,she finally had a scan of herhead,and it showed that she has a tumour in her brain(ohh i'm cryingnow)she is still living with that tumour in her brain :(

My niece also suffers with migranes,i think she was about 10 when theyfirst started,she's 18 now,she would black out and faint when she had amigrane.

So i really do feel for anyone who suffers with migrane's,it just not a very pleasent thing to have to put up with

for the migrane sufferers out there :hug2:

cheryl

:( Not a good migraine day?

Have you tried keeping a diary of your migraine symptoms as well as a diary of stress, weatherand food? You might find a pattern to be able to eliminate it. Some foods make them worse, like chocolate and cheese.

I hope you feel better soon. Try to go home early if you can. Migraines REALLY suck :(

I suffer from migraines also, about once a month and usually a week long. they are so painful, and seem to be the worst at night, i find that i can't fall asleep. HOWEVER i have found a few remedies:

1. i HIGHLY recommend Excedrin Migraine medicine (it actually says migraine medicine on it, extra strength). It's VERY strong, but it does wonders trust me. I don't know what I'd do w/o it.

2. another remedy is to run your head under really hot water, almost as hot as you can stand it, and then immediately switch to very cold. it relieves it for awhile, sometimes i do that then take my medicine.

hope these work :eek:)

I had one before. I never cry at anything really.. apart from these. It makes it worse when you think your brain swells up when you get one:(. I take Ibrufen after I eat or drink milk. It takes a good hour or two after that for it to work.

I swear if I have another this week I might kill someone. I have had about6 different ones and one that lasted 5 days since mid June.

I have had migraines for about eleven years now. I have had clusters, but only a couple of times, thankfully. Mine went completly away while I was pregnant with my twins, thank heaven because I was worried about not being able to treat them too.

The most commmon time for me to get them is a certain time of month, and one of my co-worker's daughters gets them then too, so that must be pretty common. I've tied the Excedrin Migraine too, and it mostly worked, but I had to take three to make it work, and they eat my stomach alive. So I get rid of the migraine and have a horrible stomachache instead! I went to my doc, and she gave me Tramadol, which is ironic since I found out that can be used for bunnies too! LOL

I'm hoping the whole no migraines during preganacy thing holds true this time too, I have had one since I found out I was, but it was fairly mild, thankfully.

Latest posts

Back