Any improvements needed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilovemyrabbit

Elise - Introductions & Blogs Moderator
Reaction score
I like to design crochet patterns and I recently designed a crochet rabbit pattern. Here are the finished results:
phpv816papm-7017.jpg

phpr3jwiwpm-7016.jpg

phpmy1rxcpm-7015.jpg

phpipslmopm-7014.jpg

phpi2khj3pm-7013.jpg

phpbrx1abpm-7012.jpg

phpbgw9u4pm-7011.jpg

Please tell me if you think this rabbit needs any improvement, like should I make the legs longer make the ears thinner ect.

I think it's adorable and if I saw it at the store I would buy it. If you are making another, something that might be cute is making it's belly white. I know a lot of people luv buns with white bellies, me included! I really do like it just the way it is.

I think it's adorable and if I saw it at the store I would buy it. If you are making another, something that might be cute is making it's belly white. I know a lot of people luv buns with white bellies, me included! I really do like it just the way it is.

Thanks! I was thinking of selling them in the classified section under RO and I could crochet it to look just like the customers bunny. Yes, I was going to give it a white belly, but I completely forgot :p. I wrote a pattern for it, so I'll probably make a new one with a white belly.

I think the left ear needs to flop down, also needs a cream collar, and I think it needs to be mailed out to me. :p

Yes, I'd like the ears to be able to stand upright or be moveable, so I think I'll put wire in the ears to make them poseable. I can put any color collar I want made out of any color, it would very quick to make. No way, I'm keeping this one, but I can make you a Shya. :)

I love the size too. It's larger so you could snuggle with it, use it as a pillow, throw it at a husband or give it to a child to drag around.

Haha Shya would be easy. You'd only need one eye so less yard!

I love the size too. It's larger so you could snuggle with it, use it as a pillow, throw it at a husband or give it to a child to drag around.

Haha Shya would be easy. You'd only need one eye so less yard!

Yes, it is quite big. Hahahaha! I laughed at the throw it at your husband idea.

Yes, but it doesn't take up much yarn to make an eye. I'm sorry Shya lost her eye BTW. :( I'm sure it was nerve wrecking taking her in.

The back of the head looks like it is a little loose, because the stuffing is showing, but other than that little thing, I love it! I wouldn't mind trying the pattern once you finalize it, if you need/want a tester :p I like that the back legs look more realistic than the ones on silly stuffed animals in the store.

On second glance the back feet look a little plump, but maybe that's just a stuffing issue.

I still think it's great, and want to make Monty a mini-me :p

Last edited:
very cute design... only critique I have is that the way the mouth is done, it makes the bunny look sad... maybe if the outer edges of the mouth curved up ever so slightly? unless you were specifically going for the "disapproving bunn" look... in which case, Nala says you owe her royalties!

302cmsw.jpg

29ctm2t.jpg

j8fk03.jpg

The back of the head looks like it is a little loose, because the stuffing is showing, but other than that little thing, I love it! I wouldn't mind trying the pattern once you finalize it, if you need/want a tester :p I like that the back legs look more realistic than the ones on silly stuffed animals in the store.

On second glance the back feet look a little plump, but maybe that's just a stuffing issue.

I still think it's great, and want to make Monty a mini-me :p

I know, I didn't like that either. I think its because I single crochet decreased over that area, maybe if I single crochet decreased more tightly it wouldn't be loose anymore. The pattern is almost finished, I just need to add a few tweaks. Yes, I was thinking of selling the pattern and the crocheted bunny. But before I sell the pattern I need to make sure the bunny comes out good, and that people understand my pattern. You would just have to keep the pattern to yourself and not sell or share it. Also you would have to not sell the finished bunny either, and I'll give you the pattern. And yes, I like that the feet and legs look better than store animals too. I created the pattern except for the pattern for the feet which can be found free here: http://www.knotyournanascrochet.com/2013/01/bunny-paw-applique.html I was just looking up crochet rabbit patterns and I found this bunny foot pattern, originally I was just going to make one bunny foot to hang on my keychain, but once it was done I thought it would make a great crochet bunny foot.

Yes, the feet might be a little plump, but I think that can be fixed depending on how much stuffing I put in them.

I'm going to make one of Ash soon, I'll see if I can fix the problems.

very cute design... only critique I have is that the way the mouth is done, it makes the bunny look sad... maybe if the outer edges of the mouth curved up ever so slightly? unless you were specifically going for the "disapproving bunn" look... in which case, Nala says you owe her royalties!

302cmsw.jpg

29ctm2t.jpg

j8fk03.jpg

Yes, I agree the mouth is too sad looking. But luckily that problem can be easily fixed.

Hahaha, Nala really looks disapproving there, lol. She is such a pretty girl!

I probably have at least 50 more shots of her giving me her "disapproving" look, hehe... those were just the first ones I found that had a really good view of the mouth area :p

Back