angora,lionhead,jersey wolly,fuzzy lop.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbit_whisperer

Reaction score
Can some tell me the tempermant of (angoras,lionheads,jersey woolys,fuzzy lops.)ect.?

thanks,Jd

You mean temperament?:)I'm not too sure about every breed you've put there, but my Lionhead is very friendly and will happily sit down next to you for a stroke. She does have her moments of being difficult, but I thinkt hey have a very playful nature, and are ideal. Not sure if this is just my girl, or if every lionhead is like this.

I raise Jersey Woolies and they are very sweet. However, all the breeds you mentioned require brushing at least once a week! Unlike some other breeds where you don't need to. Again, with any rabbit, any breed, temperament also depends on who you get the rabbit from. Some breeders I know have very nice tempered rabbits while others (same breed) do not.

Sharon

We have 2 Double-Mane Lionhead girls! Oh wow is all I can say!! Peppers is a little devil! She climbs like a monkey gets into everything!! She is the terrorof the house! No cats are safe where she is concerned! Skittles is very offish, she has a def view on how things in the house should run! I find that Lionheads (or maybe just ours) are really active compared to our lops. They seem to be more intense(opinionated)! They pack alot of attitude into a little body!!:D

Mr. Pumpkin Bunny is an independant little guy. He is smart and learns quickly. He is not one for being picked up, but will hop all over us.

He only has a little mowhawk of a mane so the brushing is no big deal. He only has a little tiny puffon his hind quarter.

I used to raise Jersey Woolies, and they were very sweet and easy to handle. I've had one Fuzzy Lop, and he was also very friendly. I currently have a French Angora and she's not the nicest. Well, she will come up to me and let me pet her face, but she doesn't like being groomed or picked up. She also grunts at me sometimes. But she's 7 months old and not spayed yet, so I don't think she actually has a bad temperament--she's just being a teenager. The other rabbits the breeder had seemed very friendly.

I think it's not the breed that describes their temperament, it's how they are raised and their personality. I have a lionhead and she is very fiesty and bossy but can be quite lovable and give kissies if she wants to. You could look at adult rabbits to see what personality you like, and maybego that way. Baby bunnies (especially going through their terrible teens!) don't show their adult personalities, so when the bun gets older, it's personality might not suit yours.

Latest posts

Back