Amazing Fish story

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lemonaxis

Reaction score
LOl, I got a strange little fish.

His name is Splotch, he lives in a tank with his 3 little friends.

He kinda just about died the other day. When we bought him, he was swimming upside down and they said we can have him if we want, no charge but he's not gonna make it. Of course he came home with us.

Well he recovered and was fine for ages but like I said, he was again floating upside down and even worse, he sank down the side of the tank and was not moving. My friend said he was dead, better flush him.

So I went to get him out and saw a tiny flicker of movement and thought, well haven't the heart to flush him if he is still alive, even if only barely. :( So I put him in a seperate bowl just to be on his own and away from the others. Well the little trooper took a couple of hours to right himself and is now back in the tank!! :shock: I always heard that once a fish goes downhill or rather swims upside down and floats around with apparently no life, well then thats pretty much it.

Turns out I got a stubborn fish and ain't he the cutest little goldfish?? pics to come.....photobucket being difficult tonight.

Go little FISH:)

Goodness! I wonder what's going on with him. Perhaps you could post his story on an aquarium forum and they could give you advice! I'd love to see pictures of the little dude.

He may be having bladder issues. If you start supplimenting his food with frozen peas there's a great chance you'll see an improvement in a short ammount of time.

Ahaha! Thats so cute/funny.

My friends fish is well... fat, so sometimes he is acting like he is dead (floating, not moving etc.) so whenever you do that, we just shake the food container in front of the tank, and he turns upside down and starts swimming! LOL!

Hehehe :pSounds fishy to me :p

Have you ever had a clown loach? I think they are the fish version of oppossums... They always look dead but then they go swimming around... And I have a shrimp... Half the time I think my shrimp has died but it's just shed it's skin that's all. Lol.

What is the temperature in the tank vs. the bowl?

I used to volunteer at the Aquarium.

I was told that meant depression..

But all fish are different.

My sister had a fish once (a black molly, I think he was) who would sometimes float upside down or would float oddly, and with him it turned out he was digesting the smaller pebbles at the bottom of the aquarium. Unfortunately he finally met his demise, but he did go through this two or three times before he finally succumbed. A fellow at the fish store told her to replace the small gravel in the tank with larger rocks that he wouldn't be able to swallow, but I guess she did so too late.

Latest posts

Back