Alicia's Zoo Crew Bonding Journals

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myia09 wrote:
Too great!!!!

And they all look so good together!
:whistlingYea they do. We are going to take it slow not push it at all.

kirbyultra wrote:
The picture of Apple, Ringo and Gabriel together is one of the most amazing photos I've ever seen. It's so heart warming.

Ty I think so too. Gotta love our funny bunnies.

102_8785.jpg

I love how all the grey one have different heads. A lop a lion head and a dwarf. How cute then one big black head.

Thanks. It went well Chibi groomed Wyatt a little...

I have moved Wyatts cage so he is right in front of the boys. Tomorrow I wil try to work in a session.

So we have had a few sessions. We are not pushing it at all. We want them to have time to adjust.

Quik descriptions of the players....

Dallas: While he thinks that he is in charge truth be told you can see it is Connor.

Connor: Kind of sits back and runs the show. You can see how he manages everyone.

Chibi: Is at the bottom, he is in no way dominate.

Wyatt: Wyatt is dominate so I know he will be above Chibi but Connor will not bow down so he can't be top.

------

Bonding strategy....

Chibi was hoping to be dominate over Wyatt but I knew that wouldn't happen so I have not allowed him to try and boss Wyatt. He is learning to let Wyatt be top dog. Now when it comes to Dallas and Wyatt I am working on letting them find their footing. I don't let anything go to far but I am seeing them sort of come to an understanding. Now during the first bonding session the scuffle was between Connor and Wyatt. Since than for the most part they ignored each other unless we made sure that they cuddled(all four) at the end of the session. The last two sessions Wyatt has shown more respect for Connor and not tried to be boss. We hope that he has seen that Connor will not be bossed around.

Our goal is to continue with these bonding dates making them longer. Than on June 19th we have a BBQ at his parents to attend. It is a 30min drive one way, so we believe that it would be a greats bonding experience. The drive in one carrier than a pen outside for several hours than drive home. Depending how that goes is our next step.

A tip from my personal experience.

When people ask me how do I think their bonding is going I always tell them nobody knows their bunnies as well as they do. To read their bunnies and go from there. Sooo what happens when you bring in a new bunny and start bonding ASAP. My advice is don't give yourself atleast two weeks best a month to get to know the new bunny. It also gives you a chance to bond with the new bunny. I am not saying you shouldn't start right away but I feel that with my current bonding it is so much easier because I know all the bunnies involved. I know their like, dislikes, what scares them etc.

We have had a few awesome sessions. Last night we fed them all together and they shared just fine. We also had some grooming going on.Chibi groomed Wyatt again. Dallas... Groomed Wyatt!!! Wyatt groomed Connor!!! So while there are kinks we are not pushing it. Taking our time and staying on the course we set. :biggrin:

We continue working with the boys and so far no set backs. They are still figuring who falls where but all and all its going good.

So bonding has been going pretty well. Progress on all sides. Wyatt is still mounting as is Dallas but it has progressed to the point that no one is getting angry. A little annoyed but not angry. So that is good.

We are sitting back more and just watching them. At this point we are not having to sit with them. We are putting them in the pen and just watching them as we sit near by on the laptops.

They have been eatting treats, veggies and pellets with each other. No fighting which is good.

I will be honest and say that I am annoyed that Wyatt is not letting up at all. Yes Dallas is mounting but no where near the levels Wyatt is. Wyatt has a way of getting to me but I think that I have other reasons for that. It took a long time for us to bond. It bothers me a little more because the other three boys are my babies, Wyatt and I are buddies. So maybe just maybe I am a little biased.

Latest posts

Back