Alicia and the Zoo Crew

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JadeIcing

Reaction score
:bunnydance:Teresa Mekare :bunnydance:

FH000006.jpg

On February 20th, 2006 as we walked throughPetco in North Haven. With us was Conner and Akasha. An employee comesover and ask us if we wanted another rabbit. She was like "its smalland some kind of show breed." My fave part "well my bf is allergic sowe have been keeping her outside. Plus if I get rid of her he'll get mea sugar glider." Mind you it was winter and we had alot of snow. Wetook her number and went home and talked about it. We called my mom andgrandma they said if we couldn't keep her they would take her in fornow. The next day I called and we set up a time for my husband to goand get her. When he did they had brought her inside for him. He saidthe house smelled of smoke and that the cage was rusted real bad. Theapartment smelled of smoke. Poor bun smelled of smoke when she gothere. Tiny little thing. With help from people online I was able tofind out what kind she was. Turns out she is a netherland dwarf. Shewas very shy. We fell in love and she stayed. First few days she stayedin an oversized box. That weekend my mom gave me money for a cage.

Few Months later

Now she is a sweet thing who loves to explore.She tries to stay out as long as she can.She is easilyfrightened She eats out of our hands.She lovescraisins. So if you hold out your hands she will dig in forthem. Her nickname is Houdini. She does not have very goodlitter habits but she trys. She is my moms fave. My mother calls herThumper. As soon as we can she goes to the vet. With Ringo sick wecan't afford to take her in yet.. She doesn't likeanyone to hold her but me. If you cup your hands together she could sitright in them. She is a bit of a diva. She will let youscratch between her ears. She runs as fast as she can. She isthe hardest to catch when out for her run time. She is a sweet heart.The people who had her didn't know if she was spayed or even how oldshe was.

:bunnydance:Teresa Mekare :bunnydance:

Fur: Agouti
Eyes: Dark Brown
Weight: not sure yet
Breed: NetherLand Dwarf

For more pics go to:

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l260/JzJade/Teresa/

FH000011.jpg

Connor Grayson
On January 14, 2006 wewent to get Ringo a new cage one that he could move around more becausehe had grown to big for his. Then we see a bunch of baby bunnies...uhoh. They only had two dwarf bunnies. I wanted one right away. We hadalready discussed getting a friend for Ringo. Rob tried to resist. Iwas close to giving up but when the stupid guy who workedstarted to talk about turning rabbits into soup. No way could I giveup. I made Rob hold the tiny black ball and that was it. The guy toldus it was a girl. That was on a saturday. That first day our little"girl" spent her day in my camera bag. "She" barely filled onelittlecorner.My uncle was visiting and it was theonly place I could keep her. See where we were is a bit way from wherewe live. "She" was sweet and loving.That monday we had a vetvisit the vet agreed with us the bun was younger then what theysaid.

Few Months Later

"She" hit "her" teenyears which is about 5 mnth and uh oh she is acting like a boy!! Ithought I saw a penis. Well it was someone who knows confirmed it. So"she" became a he. He went from Pandora Gabrielle(two characters intheVampire Chronicles) to Connor Grayson. For a few daystillwe figured itouthe was ComandoPando.Connor is Superboy's name and Grayson is the last nameto the first Robin now Nightwing Dick Grayson. He is mean to Ringo.Doesn't really interact with Sam, and in love with Teresa. Oh and meanto Akasha. Rob doesn't have much to do with him. He is fine most of thetime with me. What can you do he is hormonal boy. Ever deal with hornyboys in high school well yea like that. Truth be told I belong to him.He willstart tossing things, and rattling cagebarsif he sees my husband touch me. He will lunge at the dogor my husband if he is out and they touch me.

I love them all but Connor is very important tome. For the first few I was very sick. I would lay in bed and put himon it with me. He would run and play. Most times using me as aspringboard. When he wanted to sleep he would curl up on my stomech. SoI guess you can say we bonded.

Connor Grayson

Fur: Black
Weight: 2.81 lbs

Breed: Dwarf

For more pictures go to:

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l260/JzJade/Connor/

Very, very cute little middle-named bunnies thatyou have there! "I thought I saw a penis".... that cracked me up! :DWell, at least you have things sorted out now.

:bunnydance:My mom got me into that habit. :bunnydance:

Samantha Jane and Ringo Starr

Sam.jpg

Samantha Jane was given to us by a long timefriend of my husband Rob. I would like to think that she is a friend ofmine also now.Ringo Starr was bought at a pet store. We spokealot about wanting to get a dog. We also wanted a rabbit. When Robmoved into the apartmentDani called and said she had a giftfor us if she could stop by the next day. He said yes.Hereceived the call as he was driving to pick me up. Now the thing isthat this was on friday I had called the pet store and found out theyhad rabbits. So I told himlets justgo look. Wedon't have to get one. He pickedone up and that was it. Itwas a little male dwarfrabbit.He is white withblack markings. We drove home well to are apartment. When we got thereI started to look through a baby name book. Ipicked a fewnames out andRob chose Ringo for the first name and IchoseStarr for the middle name.Now the funny thingisthat most think that the name RingoStarr as inthe singer but it isn't true!! Ringo is Japanesefor Apple. Ithought it wasfunny cause of Gwen Paltrow daughter. Now Starris from a soap that I watch. It is the name of oneofmyfave characters daughters name. Sohe became RingoStarr. The next morning we call Rob's mom andhe says mom"guess what we got a rabbit." Sheask "you got or he was givento you." He said "we bought him." She says "oh." He ask"why?"After a little she tells usDani was gettingone for us. Uh Oh!! When they get here we see this huge Rabbit. I neverin my life knew that rabbits got so big. Lol right now Sam is bouncingaround. We said we would see how it workedout.Samantha Jane also got her name due to soaps. Iknow it's bad. Samantha is a character on my fave soap. Jane was thename of a characters baby who died at birth.

A year later:

img025.jpg

It was touch and go with her.She nipped me one time. She nipped Ringo a fewtimes.One time making him bleed.We almost got ridof her.I kept thinking in a few months I will be there andlets see then.We got married October 1st 2005. Bythat time we had them 3mnths. As soon as I moved in I started lettingthem out more. It took time but eventually we were able to pether. It is now at the point that with me she will crawl allover me for her treats. She will go to sleep as I pet her. She is veryfriendly with my dog Akasha Maharet.Shetoleratedthe other bunsbut is now starting to let the boys groom herthrough the bars.Teresa and her well..:mad:..yea. Ringo is abig baby. Very friendly. He also is the most greedy thing on the earth.He shoves his face through the bars in the cage if I go near it withfood. He loves to climb high. He and Akasha chase each other. Ringosadly is more than likely on meds for the rest of his life. He has hadtwo bouts of head-tilt. In another post I will go into his and Connorshealth issues.

Ok I am semi-done for now with the rabbits.

Ringo Starr

Fur: White with black
Weight: 3.43lbs
Breed: Dwarf

Samantha Jane
Fur:Grey
Eyes:Brown
Weight:13lbs
Breed: Flemish Giant

For more Pics go here:

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l260/JzJade/Samantha%20Jane/

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l260/JzJade/Ringo/

Alicia, I'm so glad you joined! I can never get enough of your bunnies!

:hug:

sas :wave:, pipp :bunnydance:,dashing dill:bunny17,radar &darry :toastingbunsandsherry :brownbunny the former foster bun

I love being here already. I think I am going toset my mom up on here. She may need help when she starts fostering. Shehas never had rabbits. She has learned through me and I am stilllearning. One thing though I am learning s you never stoplearning.:bunnydance:

I'm glad your mom wants to start fostering! I'mleaving for college pretty soon, and I'm planning on studying to be anEAMT (Emmergency Animal Medical Technician), hopefully working for theBoston Precinct of Animal Control. I know they have rabbits there, andI'd love love love to foster a pair or two! :D

OHHH!! I know a few awesome rescues there. I wasfrom MA. Been in CT almost a year now. We have a ton of buns in rescuesand shelters. One rescue I know has been collecting strays left andright lately. :mad:Angers me that people would dump the poorbuns.

I know, people really anger me sometimes :X!We've moved like nine times in my life, but my dad's entire familylives on the east coast in Massachusetts and Maine. We lived in MA forabout two years. We go back there at least three times a year. Theyhave sooo many good colleges there, too.

My friend just got into one in Boston for Film.She wants rabbits but she has severe allergys. So instead she buysthings for mine.

What does she want to be? A director orsomething? That's really cool. Too bad she has allergies, though. Mydad's girlfriend is allergic to EVERYTHING... hay, grass, wheat, dust,dogs, cats, hamsters, guinea pigs, and many many other things. However,she's not allergic to rabbits! :happydance

She wants to do alittle of everything.:bunnydance:

I watch my Ringo run around and it makes melaugh. He doesn't scare easily. This past weekend my mother went awayand I had her three dogs. So that makes four with mine. Of course he isused to Akasha (my dog). He ran around and played with my moms dogCeira. She would just creep around following him. Don't think she knewwhat to make of him. The other two are so old they don't even botherchecking him. When my parents came it was my mom, my dad, my grandma,my cousin, and my aunt. All those people plus the dogs and all he didwas run from one person to thenext trying to get them to pet him. Hehas been so ill at times. Barely able to stand. He gets needles pokedinto him every other day. He has3 oral meds aday and still heis so outgoing and friendly.

Well the other day when we were giving him his shot and he flopped onto his side so we couldn't get the skin up to give it to him. I gotupset, thinking he wasn't doing good. Put a few craisins in front ofhim and bam! He sits of and we give him the shot in less than a minute.The sneaky little brat has figured that he get craisins when he isn'tdoing well. It's our way of knowing how bad he is. If he refuses themhe goes straight to vet.

These pics are from when we first got him. Not the best they were taken with my phone.

Ringo3.jpg

Ringo4.jpg

Ok well yesterday was an amazing day.

First incident. I woke up feeling really sick. I went over to Connor
who since he hit six months has refused to groom me. Although he
doesn't like anyone else touching me. I mean he gets angry. He will attack
anyone, I mean anyone. I stick my hand into pet him and....he licked me!
Again, and again and again and again. My hand was soaked...kind of
gross but wow!

384294-R1-00-00A.jpg

Teresa who has never groomed me not in 7mnths I have had her groomed
me for 20mins. I put her on the couch with me and she hopped around.
After awhile she came over and licked me, then just wouldn't stop.

FH000003.jpg

Aww what beautiful babies you have!:inlove:

Im not sure if I missed it, do they all get along? which ones are bonded?

Also, I love their names..very creative:):hug:

Haley and the wild boys :rabbithop:dutch:bunny19

Well no bonding yet. Samantha isn't to keen onany of them. Someone from a rescue spent time with her and said shemore than likely had it rough before me. Has a gash on one eye lid.Kind of split. Ringo is on meds long term has been for 8months. I haveonly had him 13months. Connor is about 8 or 9mnths. Hestarted on meds April 8th. He was 4 or 5 months old. He is still onmeds. So no snip snip. Right now they keep thier nether regions intack. Teresa hopefully can get into the vet soon. I don't know if sheis fixed.My mom will pay for the surgery. She isorderinga large order from oxbow for me this week, so no wayI am asking for the money for the appt itself.Hoping forsometime this month. Going to see if my grandma can loan me the money.

Geeze..with all those vet visits, you must really be broke!

Youre such a good mommy for taking such good care of them all.

If Theresa turns out to be spayed, will you bond her with one of the boys (or are they contaigous?)

Poor Little Dears :-( Bless their hearts

Broken down. By Rabbit starting since January of this year.

Samantha- $54

Teresa- 0 first visit Sept 23rd. So well see

Connor- $158.82

Ringo- $469.63

Total= $685.45

That is as of July 3rd. Also counting that the vet doesn't charge usfor everything. She gives us the syringes (oral and injectible) free.Twice didn't charge us for meds she gave Ringo in office.

From what I have heard from others. What my grandma just went through with her dog my vet has very good prices.

Latest posts

Back