Alicia and the Zoo Crew

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my moms new foster bun is settling in. Whenthey were cleaning up her area my mom but her toys in the wrong spot,uh oh we all know better than doing that. Chaka tossed her toys,stompedher feet and turned her back.

Ok well this weekend I took Teresa with us for a drive and when we came home she was angry.

She didn't eat that night, next day she was eatingfine.For a day and a half went to the back of thecage if we tried to touch her. Woudn't even take a treat. I am soworried about how she is going to react to the vet visit. I have thefeeling I will be in the dog house for a good amount of time.

They are going to be in for a surprise when they touch her. She will fight and kick and nip. Than look away with pure rejection.

Teresa'sVetVisit

Took her to the vet today for her first visit and to see ifshe was spayed.She just go her belly shaved, nope not spayed. So shegoes to the vet tuesday night and gets spayed wensday.We can't make itfor drop off time in the morning. We don'r want to waste time. It needsto be done. Why not now while I am not working so I can watch her andwe have the money. They keep her till thursday. Someone is there 24/7.She isn't alone. After 6pm its an emergency clinic. So I can call andsee how she is doing. I am freakig out. We want to leave her because Ialready have to care for Ringo (shots and what not). Also I myself havebeen really sick. So they will make sure she is ok, eating and usingthis bathroom. I trust my vets office.

She weighed 2.30#. Teeth, and everything was great. They cut her nailsfor us at no charge. Which rocks because she fights like there is notomorrow for not to cut her nails.

Talking to my husband last night and he agrees we can get Teresa a
friend. Ok Teresa helped she groomed him for the first time. I thought
he was going to cry. He whispered I love bunny kisses. She was on the
bed running around, we were each on the one side her in between us. Ok
so conditions are set.

1)Has to be same breed or 3# or less full grown. (netherland dwarf)
2)Has to come from a rescue and already be fixed.
3)They would have to meet and see if they like each other.

Ok well I knew one rescue had a netherland dwarf. Well that was last
night this morning I go to check my email and the buns status is
adoption pending. I do a search and not one netherland dwarf near
here.

I feel like crying.

Alicia, Teresa (in tears), Ringo, Connor, Samantha and the rest of the
ZOO CREW.

She doesn't like any of your otherbuns? They don't have to be the same size, youknow. You could even try bonding her with SamanthaJane. I've seen Flemmies with Nethies, lionheads, andhimalayans before.

Is it that your hubby wants another small bunny who doesnt take up as much space?

Have you tried the humane society? Also, there are other breeds besidesnetherland that are small too..my lionhead is around 2.75 lbs and mydutches are only about 4 lbs...just a thought.

Another thought, did you check petfinder classifieds? Theyhave a few bunnies on there that need homes...you can search by state:
http://www.petfinder.com/post/post.cgi?action=2&type=P

Best Wishes!

PS..did you check with 3 bunnies rabbit rescue and sweet binks? they have lots of smaller breeds for adoption..

We can't with the boys and Samantha and her hate each other.

We plan on doing the bunny dates and letting her choose.

We say small because if they don't bond we can handle the space neededfor a small rabbit but not for a medium bun without taking away fromthere area in the play space. A small buns cage would fit in our roomand not take away from the play area.

Which is good my mom is fostering for 3bunnies. ;D We are open to different breeds just small. I am searching petfinder..

Teresa is doing great. She bounced back from her spay with flying
colors. She is more affectionate and more active. We are going to be
looking into a bond mate for her.We will take our time and let her choose.

We are nervous about bonding but at the same time can't wait!

Well on to some pictures...

"ListenI told you not to take pictures of me."

100_2017.jpg

"Do you understand what I am saying?"

100_2016.jpg

"I will nip you."

100_1984.jpg

"You are justdeaf."

100_1983.jpg

"Is that the Camara?"

100_1508.jpg

"It is!"

100_1563.jpg

"You have my good side? Right?"

100_1564.jpg

"Wait whats that up there?"

100_1557.jpg

"I need a better look.."

100_1556.jpg

"Yikes! Do you clean? I got dust in my eyes!"

100_1536.jpg

"DidI hurt your feelings?"

100_1513.jpg

"Let me kiss you and make it better."

100_1510.jpg

Teresa is precious!! I'm so glad herspay went well. Those pictures are great! I'mnervous about spaying my girls when the time comes.

Its nerve wrecking but well worth it. She is doing good.

Teresa is having her first bunny date Sunday. She is meeting this guy...

http://www.3bunnies.org/dallas.htmHewill also be my moms new foster. Cross your fingers everyone. I reallywant this guy.

"Is he for me?"

100_1559.jpg

[align=center]Teresa's Bunny Date with Dallas[/align]

Well this is waaaay over do. Teresa had her firstbunny date. It went well. Some mounting on his part. At that time hewas only 2 weeks post neuter. So....to be expected. Noaggression.

Ok down to my feelings. Ever see a rabbit for that matterany animal for the first time and your heart scream he is mine? Thatwas what it was like seeing Dallas. Mona opened his carrierand he looked out, glanced side to side. Than walked right out. Mindyou my dog, my moms three dogs, and several people were there. Hestarted walking around like he owned the place. Friendly as can be. Howcould I not love him. That attitude, that sense of being the "man".Plus that face was just tooo cute. He is adoption pending forus.

He will be one Feb 9th, kind of funny my parents anni isFeb 10th. I can't wait till he is home with us, I am so happybut sad he isn't here yet. We would like him here for X-mas but if notthan definatly for his birthday.

Well we are keeping the name Dallas but are looking for amiddle name. We are thinking something with a J so we can call him DJ.This is what we have so far.

DJ
Dallas Jayme, Dallas Jaymes, Dallas Jameson, Dallas Jayden, DallasJaiden, Dallas Jones, Dallas James, Dallas Judson, Dallas Jett, DallasJinx(my fave so far), Dallas Jentry, Dallas Jackson, DallasJamison

maomaochiu wrote:
Ohhh, she is sooooo cute! i hope she finds himbeing THE Mr. right.

She did...

What great news! I do know that feeling of instant connection toa rabbit, we had that with Wesley.

I agree you need to wait for another couple of weeks after the neuter,but is there a reason you're waiting longer? You could probably takehim in a couple of weeks and then your mom can get a new foster!

I dont know ask my husband. My mom is planningon moving to Florida so she doesn't want to take to many and than leavethem in a lurch. If Chaka is still there she may keep her. They (myfamily) are getting really attached to her. She isn't really countingDallas as her foster, she is bunsitting her grandchild.

[align=center][shadow=orange]X-Mas for the Animals[/shadow][/align]
So I am one who get the gifts for my animals.It's a habit I got from my mom. I have a stocking for my dog with toys,and an outfit for Thanksgiving and X-mas. My dog is weird and likesputting on clothes and will prance when wearing them. The rabbits weare still not sure what to do with them. Last year they got HUGE saladswith a small thing of treats each. Also some got new cages and theyalso got there bunny friends (stuffed).

So what do we for this year? Any Ideas?

P.S. We have the names down to, DallasJaymes,Dallas Jayden , Dallas Jones, DallasJames, Dallas Jett, Dallas Jinx (My vote), Dallas Jentry,Dallas Jamison

My Mom and husband are debating between Dallas Jinx and Dallas Jayden

Alicia and Robert, the buns Ringo, Samantha, Connor,Teresa, Dallas, and the rest of the zoocrew.

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l260/JzJade/Moms Dogs/

Dallas the holland lop is home!

YAY!!! Welcome home, Dallas!!

How's he doing so far in his new home?

Latest posts

Back