Alaska Photos

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tundrakatiebean

Reaction score
I've had a request for some Alaska photos and I realized I had picked WAY too many to send by PM :pso I thought that I could post them for everyone, no need to hog the Alaska. So here they are! I don't have explinations typed out of why everything is, if you want to know just ask and I can tell you!

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1388.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

sunset3.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

valdez95.jpg

valdez79.jpg

valdez62.jpg

valdez60.jpg

valdez27.jpg

valdez24.jpg

256.jpg

246.jpg

244.jpg

183.jpg

173.jpg

160.jpg

161.jpg

145.jpg

083.jpg

052.jpg

Very Pretty!

One of these days it's my plan to go back to Alaska for a vacation. I resided at Ft. Richardson from late 1989 to mid 1993 so I don't remember a wholelot but enough to get an idea.

Do y'all still have a decentamount ofvolcanos erupting? I'm thinking we had at least2 or 3 eruptions when we were there. Somewhere around here we have ash we gathered up from them.

What about your snowfall? We had friends that remained in Alaska until 2003 and said the winter time was shortning and there wasn't as much snowfall. I always remembered snow being in full swing at Halloween and hunted easter eggs with snow on the ground. ;)

Amanda

HOLY COW!!

that is soo cool you get to see all of those amazing animals! i love whales and all that jazz so i think that is amazing!

We live in such a pretty state! It's admittedly prettier down where you live than up here. I have some cool pictures, is it okay if I post them? It might be a while until I can though as I'm on a different computer.

Definately post some Shiloh! Let's show off our state ;)

As for snowfall in Anchorage it seems to me that it was really late even from last year (I've only been here a year and a half or so). Last year it was snowy by the middle of october, this year we didn't get a serious snow that stayed until mid december. And I haven't payed very close attention to the volcano activity here, but I think that one erupted the first summer I was up here...but I'm not completely sure.

Nothing like making a gal homesick...

We lived in Anchorage from 1996 - 2000 and I so miss looking out at the mountains - and the drive to Seward (there was this waterfall we always stopped at by the side of the road when the snow was melting) and oh....its just so beautiful.

I've told Art if he ever gets a chance for us to go back to Alaska to work and live - we'll take it in a heartbeat...(but I don't know how I can get the bunnies across the border...).

Thanks for the pictures.

Peg

oh my gosh, those pictures are absolutely BREATHTAKING!

i would love to visit alaska someday. just to take in all the beauty.

someday i would love to live in colorado. it's so gorgeous there too

JadeIcing wrote:
Alaska, Texas, Arizona and Montana have always been my dream vacations.

Arizona? Ew, whyyyyyy!? It's so boring, brown, and ugly here :p.

p.s....Don't say the Grand Canyon....I think it is the dumbest place on earth, lol!

undergunfire wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
Alaska, Texas, Arizona and Montana have always been my dream vacations.

Arizona? Ew, whyyyyyy!? It's so boring, brown, and ugly here :p.

p.s....Don't say the Grand Canyon....I think it is the dumbest place on earth, lol!
I've been to Arizona on Vacation and I think it's actually very cool - we also went to New Mexico, but there is a lot of very specific Native American culture to look at and believe it or not the grand canyon is freaking INSANE and they have the prettiest sunsets... Now four corners, that's a waste of time :p

arizona actually is (believe it or not amy, and i'm with you on this one) a prime vacation destination. but think about sedona....i do think sedona is beautiful. bright red rocks, and the granite dells are pretty amazing too and prescott national forest is pretty too..

i've been trying to convince my friend krista to move to alaska with me, because HEY, they pay YOU to live there!! :)

tracy

Wow...those are just...stunning. I wish I had words to describe it. Are those all taken from the same time of year?

I can tell the fox one is during the winter, due to how skinny he is...am I right?

Wow...what I wouldn't give to live in such a wildlife rich, beautiful place. It's been my dream since I was Em's age to see so much wildlife and be able to just watch and do my own studying of their behaviour. What a beautiful, beautiful place!

Thank you so much for sharing...you've filled my wildlife viewing desire for the week! :D

Hugs!

Rosie*

P.S. If you've got anymore, feel absolutely free to email them all to me! My email addy is in my profile. :)

Hm, can't find the fox... Are you talking about the wolf? At least I assume it's a wolf. Or maybe I'm just blind.

Anyway, freaking awesome! I def. need to go sometime.

Back