Alaska Photos

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, Okay....some parts of Arizona are nice :p. I do like Sedona and Flagstaff. I hate the Grand Canyon because once you go 4 or 5 times, it is pretty pointless.

I'd still move back to Upstate New York in a heart beat. I think it's a thousand times more gorgeous there :D.

Rosie, they were mostly taken during the summer or early fall. the wolf picture was late summer, he was on his own so I'm assuming he got lost or kicked out of a pack. The only ones that were taken during Alaska Winter (october til march) were the last set of bald eagles.

I'm a wildlife rehabilitator on Long Island, in New York. We have NO predators here at all, except humans and cars. The highest non-human predator here is the Great Horned Owl.

If someone on Long Island saw the wolf, they'd be all over me to go out and catch it to rescue it because it was going to eat their children. (I'm not kidding, these are the calls we get!)
People on Long Island are all freaked out if there is an opossum sleeping in their garbage. Don't I realize they have children and this is a grave danger to all who live here?I try to remind them how lucky they are to have NO predatory danger here at all.

I see pictures of where you live, and am in awe. Thanks for sharing.

tundrakatiebean wrote:
The only ones that were taken during Alaska Winter (october til march) were the last set of bald eagles.

Can I come visit? :D

If I do go, I would buy myself a BIG telephoto lense.
Seeing all your pictures makes me want to come out and do some shooting for myself. :biggrin2:

And maybe bring home some bunnynapped bunnies too. ;)

Pet_Bunny wrote:
tundrakatiebean wrote:
The only ones that were taken during Alaska Winter (october til march) were the last set of bald eagles.

Seeing all your pictures makes me want to come out and do some shooting for myself. :biggrin2:

lol Come on up! You might end up taking a bunny, but you might go home missinga camera :whistling

tundrakatiebean wrote:
Pet_Bunny wrote:
tundrakatiebean wrote:

lol Come on up! You might end up taking a bunny, but you might go home missinga camera :whistling
*giggles*

There was a moose in our yard yesterday - I took pictures!

IMG_8469.jpg

IMG_8479.jpg

IMG_8492.jpg

IMG_8500.jpg

IMG_8513.jpg

IMG_8528.jpg

IMG_8532.jpg

IMG_8550.jpg

IMG_8570.jpg

IMG_8589.jpg

I have a video that I'll upload too

Lovely Moose Lady is SOOO pretty...did you see those eyelashes? Aww...

:inlove:

Hehe...too cute. Yeah, she looks like she's listening to you the whole time, even when you zoomed in and out! :)

What a pretty girl...:)

OMG - I LOVE LOVE LOVE moose - it is one of the things I miss most about Alaska.

We lived in a cul de sac and moose used to come in all the time during the winter. The first winter we were there - we were up late one night and there were moose in the yard.

Now a lot of houses in Anchorage are two-story - frequently with garages on the bottom floor and then the main part of the house on the top floor. There are a lot of them that are duplexes also and this is fairly common.

So I was in the bay window on the top floor yelling out, "Hey moosey, moosey, moosey.....come here...." and the moose were looking at me. The cat came over to see what we were looking at - totally poofed out so he was about 3 times his size and all fluff and took off running. The moose started to walk towards our steps as if they were going to come upstairs..

After that - I learned to watch them in silence...

I'll never forget watching the moose run along the side of Northern Lights Boulevard (near Muldoon)....trying to keep pace with the traffic and find a place to cross. Then there was a picture in the paper once of a cop stopping traffic so that a moose could cross the road...

Oh man...now I'm homesick for Alaska again...

Peg

awww :hug:you'll just have to come up and visit sometime!

It's funny how moose know exactly what they're doing, I saw one wait for a crosswalk sign to say walk once :p

Beautiful pictures, Katie! Alska reminds me so much of Iceland, where I used to live for about 15 years. Except Alaska is a lot greener most places :).
I'd love to visit Alaska some day, my husband's great-great-grandfather used to live and mine gold in Nome around 1900-1910, I'd love to see the place.

Great pictures - Alaska is the most beautiful place in the world. My husband lived in Tok and on Kodiak... we spend every summer we can in Tok and Valdez, and are keeping our fingers crossed to find a cabin in Tok. Almost bought one this summer. Thanks for sharing pictures :)

:faint:

I am jealous =O

You live in such a beautiful state. I've always wanted to go on a cruise up to Alaska.

My top three vacation dreams are: Egypt, Alaska, and the Galapagos Islands.

I'm so excited for my Egypt trip! I'm not going for another two years, but am already harsh saving up. I've booked my hotel for Luxor, but the one in Cairo isn't available until July. And eeeekkkk... so exciteddddd =]

And then I'm be super broke, hurray!:)

Latest posts

Back