agressive and grumpy bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lschaafsma

Reaction score
I need help. My neutered Holland lop, just over a year, has become aggressive. It all started after I moved. He was super cuddly, gentle and friendly before the move and would great myself and strangers at the door and lick them in greeting.
Now I have to worry about people coming over because he will attack them. Seems to be getting a bit better but just seems to be grumpy and moody. He will lung at us occasionally and run away.
I should mention that he has a huge cage with an exercise pen attached. he is also the only animal in the house.
Any ideas? Could it be that he needs a friend?

Rabbits don't like change and the move would have stressed him out. Make sure he has a dark, private place to retreat to so that he feels less on edge. Maybe try putting him in his cage when people arrive so that he won't attack them and get them to give him a treat so that he associates strange people in the house with good things.

It may take a while for him to get back to his old self, so be patient!

Also, there could be an underlying illness. Bunnies in pain can become aggressive and nervous. It might be worth taking him to a vet to get checked out. Better to be safe than sorry :)

Hope I helped a little :D

Thanks. I do have him right at the door, and he is progressing in his behaviour but it was such a dramatic switch that I wasn't sure how to handle it.

Latest posts

Back